PDA

View Full Version : Lavar Arington

bigshoot
02-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Would it realyy be possile to pull of a trade like this., maybe thats why shanahan is looking four a 2006 draft pick to trade to washinton for Lavar. I donot have a link four this source ,picked it up on another web site last wwk. Also i would like to have a healthy jeff garcia as a backup qb.

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't see us getting Arrington because dude's contract is huge. AW, DJ, and LA would be nice a nice LB corp on Madden though. :D

BVP
02-28-2005, 06:01 PM
If we got Arrington on our team, we would have the BEST defense in the leauge knowing that the Pats released Roman Phifer and Ty Law. But what else would we give to the Skins for LA? Would it be a 1st round in 06' and Pryce? Cause if thats it, that would be the BEST trade of Shanahan's career in Denver. :D

elwayfan805
02-28-2005, 06:12 PM
i would like to hear the details of the trade...but if it happens it would be awsome imagine a 3-4 defense with wilson, arrington, williams, and pierce man that would be great :D

BVP
02-28-2005, 06:14 PM
i would like to hear the details of the trade...but if it happens it would be awsome imagine a 3-4 defense with wilson, arrington, williams, and pierce man that would be great :D

Then add Gerald Wallace from the Browns, keep Hayward, and draft a D-Lineman, than that makes our line just as good as anybodys in the leauge!

bigshoot
02-28-2005, 06:36 PM
lets cosider pryce our 1st rounder in 06 and a 4th in o5 would be a good deal for both sides cosidering they had a top 10 defense last year and lavar missed 7-12 games. this would be the only trade that would put use over the top,cause right know the raiders are stealling all the thunder in the west. if we dont make a mjor move we might not be as good as last year?

JoRo
02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
lets cosider pryce our 1st rounder in 06 and a 4th in o5 would be a good deal for both sides cosidering they had a top 10 defense last year and lavar missed 7-12 games. this would be the only trade that would put use over the top,cause right know the raiders are stealling all the thunder in the west. if we dont make a mjor move we might not be as good as last year?

Two things,
1: for the post above this: We dont have the money to do half of what you said, plus redskins i doubt would accept that trade.

2: We dont need a big deal signing to be good, cuz if we waste all our money tryin to look big signing people we hurt our cap room an our depth in the process, which kills us quickly.....better to get a couple good signings that arent huge cost an improve slightly than hopin one fa would put us over the top, cuz it wont happen

BVP
02-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Two things,
1: for the post above this: We dont have the money to do half of what you said, plus redskins i doubt would accept that trade.

2: We dont need a big deal signing to be good, cuz if we waste all our money tryin to look big signing people we hurt our cap room an our depth in the process, which kills us quickly.....better to get a couple good signings that arent huge cost an improve slightly than hopin one fa would put us over the top, cuz it wont happen

One thing the Raiders didnt think of.

uhhyeahagain
02-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Then add Gerald Wallace from the Browns, keep Hayward, and draft a D-Lineman, than that makes our line just as good as anybodys in the leauge!

Gerard Warren?

Anyway, who would get #56?

If they fought for it, I would take Arrington in a sec.

BVP
02-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Gerard Warren?

Yeah, I was thinking basketball. My bad.

bigshoot
02-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Two things,

To be competitive and win a championship we need impact players on offense/defense at the current time we lack a third reciver could use a upgrade at TE(jeb is ok) but he could use some help. Defensively i dont think their will be any major upgrades made to our defesively through freeagency based on the players avaliable. but we could add maybe a bigtime corner on WR to take rods place next year. Bottom line is that denver needs to eexcell either offesively of defesively to even be competitive in 05' so isuggest we load up o and be smart on d if we have a great offens we stand a better chance.

BroncosB2B
02-28-2005, 10:08 PM
I don't see us getting Arrington because dude's contract is huge. AW, DJ, and LA would be nice a nice LB corp on Madden though. :D

Yeah. He signed a $68 million deal in 2003.

bigshoot
03-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah. He signed a $68 million deal in 2003.

We have lots of salry cap room if we get rid of pyce and his 9mill for this seaon. Shanahan must have a plan their is no way that he would let 2-3 starters go from the #4 ranked D in the nfl. At this rate in freeagency we will sign wahul (OG GB), and afew other roll players and focus on the draft. Unfortunatley if that is the plan it will be a long year bronocs fans. So rest assured that the broncos will do something maybe Lavar maybe not but it will be big like Portis-Bailey type. Remmber we are in the afc west were scoring will be at a prium with the wrong moves we could finsh last.

buchosiete
03-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Does anybody have a link that talks about this possible Lavar Arrington deal??? :coffee:

jmjk
03-01-2005, 09:45 AM
BTW, Warren won't have a huge cap number so I think that is the way we will go.

BUT, we did a deal with Wash last year and might have built up a good relationship with with GMs and we could absorb the hit and defer the pick until next year.

BUT, this is exactly the nonsense that got up in these problems, Get Warren for TP and maybe picks. Stablize our cap problem.

But, If a SB win would take it, I would do it. Then settle it next year.

JoRo
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
BTW, Warren won't have a huge cap number so I think that is the way we will go.

BUT, we did a deal with Wash last year and might have built up a good relationship with with GMs and we could absorb the hit and defer the pick until next year.

BUT, this is exactly the nonsense that got up in these problems, Get Warren for TP and maybe picks. Stablize our cap problem.

But, If a SB win would take it, I would do it. Then settle it next year.

Id rather stay consistent for a long while yet than make it to sb once an end up like titans five years down the line

jmjk
03-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Id rather stay consistent for a long while yet than make it to sb once an end up like titans five years down the line

I agree since a SB is not in the basket but if you knew you would win the SB this year, do it and purge next year and rebuild for a year.

We are looking for a rebuilding in the next year or two and can start this year by purging and trading this years late picks for next years draft. Let go of all potential cap blunders and not sign new ones and keep the core of LBs, DL and OL. Get OL and DL in the first four for backups on the OL and starters on the DL.

This is the perfect draft to draft OL and DL and wait til next year to get another CB and Safety if our DBs fall away from us. Then go after LBs and WRs.