PDA

View Full Version : new Safety on the market

wizkid31
02-28-2005, 08:14 PM
as you may already know, the cleveland browns have just released Safety Robert Griffith, i think he would be a great addition if we let kennoy go. the only negative about signing him is that he is 34, but he posseses great leadership and would give us a great 1-2 punch with lynch!!!

thoughts?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Another run-stuffing strong safety? Ahh, no. Pass.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-28-2005, 08:16 PM
We already have 2 SS right now and no FS. Dump Kennedy and get a COVERAGE FS!

Adrenaline
02-28-2005, 08:19 PM
We already have 2 SS right now and no FS. Dump Kennedy and get a COVERAGE FS!

A coverage FS would be a better pickup... Whats the best one out there?

Aija
02-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I Have A Suggestion. Why Dont We Just Pick Up Everybody That Gets Cut Or Is A Free Agent. I Mean Come On Guys. Every Single Guy Who Gets Released Or Is A Free Agent Has To Be Considered?/ What The Hell Is This Fantasy Football???

EMCF
02-28-2005, 08:26 PM
So who would you bench for this guy, Lynch or Kennedy? No thanks, we still have Sam Brandon waiting in the wings too.

BVP
02-28-2005, 08:33 PM
So who would you bench for this guy, Lynch or Kennedy? No thanks, we still have Sam Brandon waiting in the wings too.

And Ferguson, who are younger and better at coverage than Robert Griffith. No thanks.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
A coverage FS would be a better pickup... Whats the best one out there?

Arturo Freeman was cut by Miami early in the offseason. He's a good cover guy and a pretty good tackler, too. He's also better than any safety on our roster (including Ferguson and Brandon) in coverage.

wizkid31
02-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Arturo Freeman was cut by Miami early in the offseason. He's a good cover guy and a pretty good tackler, too. He's also better than any safety on our roster (including Ferguson and Brandon) in coverage.

freeman sounds pretty good, probably a little more expensive than griffith but a would be a good pickup!!!

PRBronco
02-28-2005, 08:42 PM
as you may already know, the cleveland browns have just released Safety Robert Griffith, i think he would be a great addition if we let kennoy go. the only negative about signing him is that he is 34, but he posseses great leadership and would give us a great 1-2 punch with lynch!!!

thoughts?

Worst idea ever.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-28-2005, 08:45 PM
freeman sounds pretty good, probably a little more expensive than griffith but a would be a good pickup!!!

Freeman was a bust for Miami, he never really lived up to expectations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=5181

Nothing impressive about those stats, and he's not really a coverage safety, he tries to be though. He's just not very good.

BVP
02-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Wouldn't everything be much simpler and cheaper if we went to resign Kennedy instead of getting any top free agents. Also Kennedy is better than anybody else out there worth spending money on.

PRBronco
02-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I think we've got more important stuff than kennedy to spend our money on, but the broncos seem committed to bringing him back. It's not like he's done anything out of this world. Lynch backed up by chris young at strong safety and train wreck backed up by maybe leseuer or a rookie FS is a fine set of safeties that doesnt' break the bank.

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I hope Kennedy walks and signs for big money with a team like Detroit. It's good for him and it's good for us.
That would allow the team to do the following:

Lynch could move to SS, and if Chris Young is not the future at SS, management could look for another S to learn up under Lynch.

Ferguson can get on the field at FS(we signed to a 3-year before last season, he needs to play), and if Sam Brandon is not the answer for the future, either Middlebrooks or LeSueur can switch to FS and learn the position for a few seasons and then take over when Ferguson's contract expires.

Enough with the fantasies of signing anybody you want. The world is not run with Monopoly money.

GIVEME6
02-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Rumor has it that the Packers may let Darren Sharper go. He is still a good cover safety and he's a player in run support as well. Be a nice fit here IMO.

elwayfan805
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
yeah i say sharper if we have the money after filling the needs of other positions(d-line,o-line) if we dont have the money i think middlebrooks should get a chance at FS and lynch at SS

PRBronco
02-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Middlebrooks has already had a chance at FS, all it did was slow down his development as a corner.

Aija
02-28-2005, 10:57 PM
I hope Kennedy walks and signs for big money with a team like Detroit. It's good for him and it's good for us.
That would allow the team to do the following:

Lynch could move to SS, and if Chris Young is not the future at SS, management could look for another S to learn up under Lynch.

Ferguson can get on the field at FS(we signed to a 3-year before last season, he needs to play), and if Sam Brandon is not the answer for the future, either Middlebrooks or LeSueur can switch to FS and learn the position for a few seasons and then take over when Ferguson's contract expires.

Enough with the fantasies of signing anybody you want. The world is not run with Monopoly money.

DPg max respect to u man. U really make alot of sense in practically all of your posts and thats whether i agree or not . This time i do agree. Because lynch and kennedy are practically the same type of player. It would cost us alot more to keep kennedy so why not let him walk and look for a solution at fs . Not and ed reed but something similar who can cover and take some of the load off our second corner. Good post man respect

DPg2003
03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
DPg max respect to u man. U really make alot of sense in practically all of your posts and thats whether i agree or not . This time i do agree. Because lynch and kennedy are practically the same type of player. It would cost us alot more to keep kennedy so why not let him walk and look for a solution at fs . Not and ed reed but something similar who can cover and take some of the load off our second corner. Good post man respect

Thanks man, and even though you continue to bash my boy "Big Swat" I can tell that you are just a passionate Bronco fan concerned about the team like I am. Much respect to you to Aija.

DPg2003
03-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Middlebrooks has already had a chance at FS, all it did was slow down his development as a corner.

Middlebrooks wasn't at full strength a few years ago when he was tried at FS. I just think he is better suited to be playing in help coverage rather than trying to cover man-to-man.