PDA

View Full Version : Top NT in draft runs impressive 40.

OhNoKoolAid
02-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Luis Castillo, Northwestern, was considered by Sporting News and Pro Football Weekly to be the best NT in the draft, displaying ideal frame and commanding strength required for the position. He was labeled as a mid second-early third round pick, until today. Castillo roughly 6'3 303, ran the 40 in a suprising 4.78, and put up 32 reps in the bench press. I had not seen him until the post season games, and I've been impressed with his intensity, and now he has a 40 time 2 to 3 tenths faster than what was expected. This guy could be the dominant NT this team needs to run the 3-4. He would be the perfect complement to Fatafehi in a rotation.

Also note, a very popular name that I'm not so high on, Matt Roth, ran a 4.8, slower than the 4.68-4.72 range many expected. For a player that lacks great size and bulk, lacking great speed is not a recipe for success in this league. I'm not saying he isn't good, but he certainly isn't the end all for our pass rush issues that some people claim him to be.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8237986

DPg2003
02-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Castillo looks like a stud on paper and I hope he falls to the 2nd Round so we can grab him. He can play DT in the 4-3 and he could also play a little end when Coyer uses the 3-4 as a changeup D.