PDA

View Full Version : User CP

IZAAK
03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
I have missed out on many CP's because the person was unable to give them to me because of the fact you have to give out 9 before given someone another point. I think this is slightly unfair. What if the person does not like anyone elses threads except mine, I have to suffer because of the rule. Can't we change this to like 3 CP's instead of 9. Nine is quite a bit to wait for.

Jared
03-01-2005, 12:26 PM
I have missed out on many CP's because the person was unable to give them to me because of the fact you have to give out 9 before given someone another point. I think this is slightly unfair. What if the person does not like anyone elses threads except mine, I have to suffer because of the rule. Can't we change this to like 3 CP's instead of 9. Nine is quite a bit to wait for.

This is a safeguard that is in place to ensure that friends do not just give each other points and no one else. It encourgaes people to go look for posts from other users, thus encouraging discussion amongst users who normally don't associate.

There are lots of other posters who post thoughtful items. If people are too lazy to look, the onus is on them, not us.

Snk16
03-01-2005, 12:29 PM
This is a safeguard that is in place to ensure that friends do not just give each other points and no one else. It encourgaes people to go look for posts from other users, thus encouraging discussion amongst users who normally don't associate.

There are lots of other posters who post thoughtful items. If people are too lazy to look, the onus is on them, not us.

That's about right.

Alastor
03-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Well said, Jared. And those are just a couple of the reasons.