PDA

View Full Version : Neil to return for lower price?

OrangeShadow
03-01-2005, 07:14 PM
"The Broncos would like to re-sign OG Dan Neil at a lesser price after releasing him and his $5 million cap number on Feb. 24, and Neil has said he would not at all be opposed to the idea of sticking in Denver for a cheaper rate."

espn insider

HORSEPOWER 56
03-01-2005, 07:40 PM
"The Broncos would like to re-sign OG Dan Neil at a lesser price after releasing him and his $5 million cap number on Feb. 24, and Neil has said he would not at all be opposed to the idea of sticking in Denver for a cheaper rate."

espn insider

That's because no one else wants him. He's got nagging injury problems and is getting old. He'll be lucky to get a job as a backup elsewhere and he knows it. He's practically begging us to take him back.

PRBronco
03-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Hey, he's been nothing but a class act, i'd take him back in a heartbeat.

JoRo
03-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I second that. At a cheaper rate Neil would be a great pickup for us. As a player he is a great fit for us (very mobile) but for 5 mill he isnt worth the injuries he has had and the slowing down do to age. But if we can get him for cheap Id think wed be stupid not to

Helderht_
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
He is a great OL! O like him too much but he had some injury problems... I would accept him back! And as our starter!

HORSEPOWER 56
03-01-2005, 08:15 PM
I disagree, with this year's draft class being so deep at guard I think we can find a bigger, stronger, faster, cheaper guard in the second round and keep Hamilton.

JoRo
03-01-2005, 08:23 PM
I disagree, with this year's draft class being so deep at guard I think we can find a bigger, stronger, faster, cheaper guard in the second round and keep Hamilton.

We could prolly bring Neil back for 1-2 mill, and thats a good pickup for a starting capable guard. Even if we find someone better he would prolly still come back due to next to noone else wanting him, plus im sure he likes it here......(hes been here what............dang near his whole career..............or he maybe even his whole.......not sure completley :D jus no he was here in 97 an up as it has been mentioned enuff times :P)

Peerless
03-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey, he's been nothing but a class act, i'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Same here, i hope he returns a bronco and retires one.

DPg2003
03-02-2005, 02:07 PM
The only way I would like to see us take Neil back is at the veteran minimum and as a back up. I would be very disappointed if we didn't go after Rick DeMulling who is younger and close to reaching a Pro Bowl level and re-signed Neil. He has been a great player and I will always remember how great he was as a Bronco, but I hope he retires.

Adrenaline
03-02-2005, 02:18 PM
I second that. At a cheaper rate Neil would be a great pickup for us. As a player he is a great fit for us (very mobile) but for 5 mill he isnt worth the injuries he has had and the slowing down do to age. But if we can get him for cheap Id think wed be stupid not to

Getting Neil back cheaper would be good i agree. It would be good for us if we get him at a small salary so Free agency can be are main thought.

JoRo
03-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Getting Neil back cheaper would be good i agree. It would be good for us if we get him at a small salary so Free agency can be are main thought.

Plus, if we could get Neil back cheap enough, we could even just keep him as a backup for both guard spots (kind of like carlisle this year) so then we can pursue another decent guard to start for us for years to come.