PDA

View Full Version : Draft

Broncofan#7
03-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Who whould we Draft? Who thinks they can run faster than Maurice Clarret?

BroncosB2B
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
probably a DL.

Helderht_
03-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Definetly a DL!

JoRo
03-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Definetly a DL!

There are some Dl that run faster than him:

not counting this draft: Kearse.......... Peppers........... Freeney.......

SoDakTE87
03-01-2005, 09:00 PM
anyone know if that timing is automatic or handheld?

GPbronco
03-01-2005, 09:05 PM
well sice we will have Warren at 12:01 am tommorrow :coffee: , we should get a RE

HORSEPOWER 56
03-01-2005, 09:06 PM
anyone know if that timing is automatic or handheld?

Handheld. They talked about the discrepancies on NFL Network. Seeing as how they've got about 32 guys timing each run I figure they get a pretty accurate average, though.

Dream
03-01-2005, 09:13 PM
We're definately going DE/DT in the first round.

Broncofan#7
03-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Anybody know of any draft picks by name that the Broncos might pick?

EMCF
03-01-2005, 09:19 PM
DL prehaps, but another athletic LB would be nice, whatever falls to us.

Dream
03-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Shaun Cody, Marcus Spears, Erasumus James, Matt Roth to name a few.

Broncofan#7
03-01-2005, 09:30 PM
yea definitely look at Erasmus James, I saw alot of big ten games the guy is a beast

elwayfan805
03-01-2005, 09:36 PM
i want either cody or spears and they both have a good chance at falling to #25

Caliraiderhater
03-01-2005, 10:02 PM
OK now normally i would say a DE or DT but we all know that shanny sometimes drafts people we wouldent have guessed. last year we moved up and everybody thought we were going to take steven jackson but nope we took DJ!!! and bell in the second so if we dont go with a DL i hope we get somebody like Demarcus Ware a pass rushing OLB/DE!

vicious2500
03-01-2005, 10:12 PM
OK now normally i would say a DE or DT but we all know that shanny sometimes drafts people we wouldent have guessed. last year we moved up and everybody thought we were going to take steven jackson but nope we took DJ!!! and bell in the second so if we dont go with a DL i hope we get somebody like Demarcus Ware a pass rushing OLB/DE!

Yeah I'm with him if we don't take a D-linemen that falls to us we should take the OLB/DE tweener Demarcus Ware he sounds good to me ... that or Hawthrone.

OhNoKoolAid
03-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Please no Hawthorne. He has been labeled an underachiever since his junior season. Most often that means that he just isn't as good as people thought he was. He has a soft body and was unimpressive in the Senior Bowl week. Another "lazy" player is not what the line needs.

(Note, before you throw Warren's "laziness" at me, check his scouting reports coming into the NFL. He was seen as a ready prospect and an elite athlete. The situation in Cleveland was poisoned with ineptitude, and Warren couldn't help but fall into it, yet late last year, he really turned it on and still has elite potential.)

jletourneau
03-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I definitely agree on Hawthorne. He benefited from the natural pass rush of E. James. I think David Pollack's motor would be a great fit for what the Broncos are trying to bring in. The biggest knock on him is that he's never really played from a two point stance. Most think this will limit him to a 4-3 base only, but Tedy Bruschi wasn't exactly a middle linebacker when he came out. But he's got the instincts, so does Pollack.

OhNoKoolAid
03-01-2005, 10:40 PM
How about Shawne Merriman. This guy could be the second to third best defensive player in the draft (after D. Johnson and Rolle) and he gets absolutely no love on this board. He weighed in 270s at the combine, impressive for a guy thought to be 250. He is the perfect "hybrid" that Coyer covets. I know he is projected out of the Broncos range, but not by much and the draft is a unpredictable at best...

Mat'hir Uth Gan
03-01-2005, 10:40 PM
The guy that probably moved up the most so far is DT Luis Castillo. He had the best combine out of any D-line player, period. He was a mid-late 2nd, now he's a late 1st-early 2nd. He basically took the leap up that I thought Patterson would. Of course Patterson goes and gets a hip-flexor and can't work out.

Cody and Hawthorne both did well in bench. Hawthorne had a poor 40 though. Cody had a back issue and couldnt run. It's possible Castillo leap frogs one or both if they have dissapointing Pro Days.

Castillo's quickness and speed was insane for a DT/NT type. He had a good bench and is widely renown as a solid person and extremely hard competitor. This is a player the Broncos would do well to look at in the first round.

OhNoKoolAid
03-01-2005, 10:44 PM
The guy that probably moved up the most so far is DT Luis Castillo. He had the best combine out of any D-line player, period. He was a mid-late 2nd, now he's a late 1st-early 2nd. He basically took the leap up that I thought Patterson would. Of course Patterson goes and gets a hip-flexor and can't work out.

Cody and Hawthorne both did well in bench. Hawthorne had a poor 40 though. Cody had a back issue and couldnt run. It's possible Castillo leap frogs one or both if they have dissapointing Pro Days.

Castillo's quickness and speed was insane for a DT/NT type. He had a good bench and is widely renown as a solid person and extremely hard competitor. This is a player the Broncos would do well to look at in the first round.

I think he is the best NT available. While I'm leery of taking him in the first round, because I think players like Ronald Fields of MSU could be had later and provide solid if unspectacular results expected of a NT, should he fall to the second he would be at optimum value. He isn't in Casey Hampton's class as a NT, and Denver has proved to sway from drafting soley on need.