PDA

View Full Version : could travis johnson fall?

bronx_2003
03-02-2005, 03:35 PM
he would be a gr8 young DT in the 3-4 and is projected to go at 15. do you think he could fall to 25 with all the other talent or maybe we could trade up 5-6 places if he is still there

a possibility?

JoRo
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM
he would be a gr8 young DT in the 3-4 and is projected to go at 15. do you think he could fall to 25 with all the other talent or maybe we could trade up 5-6 places if he is still there

a possibility?

Wuts his size? And who else you think would want him?

dbdom
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM

a possibility?

one word no
hes the best DT on the board, and theres a load of teams who need DL help, not least dallas, who has 2 picks ahead of us

speedracer2411
03-02-2005, 04:37 PM
yea i think he will probly fall, but who knows if the broncos will even draft a DE or DT for all we know we could get someone in FA plus we just got Warren in a greattttt deal

bmcl2343
03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I don't think he'll fall unless the cowboys trade away their 2nd first round pick in which case he just might - but probably wont. I really don't think that he'll be in a Broncos uniform next year.

JkThSnake #16
03-02-2005, 05:42 PM
here are two DL two think about Matt Roth out of Iowa and Demarcus ware out of troy st they are both studs and VARY fast Roth 4.6 ware 4.5 we wont sing gold becouse ware could play LB and roth would play DE u ask how are we going to get both first we take ware with the 25 pick then we trade pryce 4 a earliy sec round pick and we get roth this is a vary real posibility and they both have vary big motors both will be impact players this is how we will shure up our DL with warren and these two players we would have a vary good DL and a young DL think :cheers:

tuibroncos
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
i watched him play at FSU for the past couple of years, and he really underachived untill his senior year. I think he is too undersized to play nt in the 3-4, i think he could possibly play end in the 3-4 and dt in the 4-3.

Dream
03-02-2005, 07:15 PM
No; but there has been speculation that the Bengals are more than willing to move out of the #17 slot again; which is where I have him going.

Could we do another trade with the Benglas but this time send Pryce and our #25 for #17 and a third or fourth rounder? Possibly.

DPg2003
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
No; but there has been speculation that the Bengals are more than willing to move out of the #17 slot again; which is where I have him going.

Could we do another trade with the Benglas but this time send Pryce and our #25 for #17 and a third or fourth rounder? Possibly.

If we have actually signed LB Ian Gold that wouldn't be a bad trade at all.

OhNoKoolAid
03-02-2005, 09:13 PM

a possibility?

I think he very well could fall because of his interviews and the recent history with first round DTs. While they haven't all been busts, the position often offers little production in the first year. When you take a DT in the first, you are taking him for future plans, not immediate ones, because the odds are stacked against you. There are exceptions (Kevin Williams) but for every one, there is a Jimmy Kennedy, William Joseph, Sullivan, Warren, etc.

DPg2003
03-02-2005, 09:38 PM
I think he very well could fall because of his interviews and the recent history with first round DTs. While they haven't all been busts, the position often offers little production in the first year. When you take a DT in the first, you are taking him for future plans, not immediate ones, because the odds are stacked against you. There are exceptions (Kevin Williams) but for every one, there is a Jimmy Kennedy, William Joseph, Sullivan, Warren, etc.

I just don't like Travis Johnson man. He waited until his Senoir year to actually play football and I think Luis Castillo is a much better prospect. I wouldn't be disappointed if we took Shaun Cody at #25, but I would like to see us take a DE in Round 1 and go after Castillo in Round 2.

OhNoKoolAid
03-02-2005, 10:01 PM
I just don't like Travis Johnson man. He waited until his Senoir year to actually play football and I think Luis Castillo is a much better prospect. I wouldn't be disappointed if we took Shaun Cody at #25, but I would like to see us take a DE in Round 1 and go after Castillo in Round 2.

I'm holding out for Chris Canty in round two, unless his injury drops him to end of round three. He was a dominant 3-4 end at Virginia when he went down.

elwayfan805
03-02-2005, 10:07 PM
i like spears from lsu and theres a good chance of him falling to #25

DPg2003
03-02-2005, 10:39 PM
i like spears from lsu and theres a good chance of him falling to #25

Man if we could somehow sign DE Marques Douglas and then draft Marcus Spears in Round 1 we would have no problems at DE.

DPg2003
03-02-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm holding out for Chris Canty in round two, unless his injury drops him to end of round three. He was a dominant 3-4 end at Virginia when he went down.

Did Canty workout at the Combine?

He has the size you look for in a 3-4 DE, but he is coming off a major injury and he wasn't that fast to begin with. Could end up being a Terrell Suggs type.

dbdom
03-03-2005, 04:33 AM
Did Canty workout at the Combine?

He has the size you look for in a 3-4 DE, but he is coming off a major injury and he wasn't that fast to begin with. Could end up being a Terrell Suggs type.

huh? terrell suggs plays the pass rushing OLB, chris canty is a 3-4 DE? dont see how they can be compared

i heard shawntae merriman weighed in at 270 or something, which is not bad for a 4-3 DE either, he could be a possibility, that would give us options because he would play at both the 3-4 and 4-3 front, but i would still rather take a conventional 4-3 DE like spears, or a tweener like shaun cody, that guy is really good, another guy who havent been mentioned is mike patterson, hes a great little player, a little undersized (5'11) but is a player for sure

DPg2003
03-03-2005, 10:19 AM
huh? terrell suggs plays the pass rushing OLB, chris canty is a 3-4 DE? dont see how they can be compared

I was referring to Canty possibly putting up better production than his draft position. His stock is falling much like Suggs' did when he came out of college.

dbdom
03-03-2005, 10:47 AM
I was referring to Canty possibly putting up better production than his draft position. His stock is falling much like Suggs' did when he came out of college.

ah ok, sorry thought you were comparing a DLinemen to a pass rushing OLB :eek:

DPg2003
03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
ah ok, sorry thought you were comparing a DLinemen to a pass rushing OLB :eek:

Naw, Canty is a true space eating 3-4 DE. I was just saying that he could probably fall to Round 4 or 5, but get on the right team and be a solid player.