PDA

View Full Version : Hayward Officially Gone

Aija
03-02-2005, 06:47 PM
JACKSONVILLE, Florida (Ticker) - The Jacksonville Jaguars addressed a pressing need Wednesday, signing free agent defensive end Reggie Hayward.

Terms were not disclosed, but the team will hold a news conference Thursday morning to introduce its new pass rusher.

Hayward, 25, led Denver with 10 1/2 sacks last season, when he started 15 games - including the Broncos' AFC wild card loss at Indianapolis. He recorded 60 tackles, one interception and one fumble recovery while forcing one fumble.

A third-round pick in 2001 out of Iowa State, Hayward also had one sack and two tackles in the postseason loss to the Colts.

In 47 career games with the Broncos, Hayward registered 22 sacks and 75 tackles.

Last season, the Jaguars were led in sacks by defensive end Greg Favors and defensive tackle John Henderson, who recorded 5 1/2 apiece.

Jacksonville also signed defensive tackle Martin Chase, a seven-year veteran who missed the entire 2004 season with the New York Giants due to a knee injury. Chase appeared in 13 games with Washington 2003, recording 12 tackles

BroncosB2B
03-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Denver is continuing to be dumb this offseason. Deerrrrr, let's let all our good FAs walk and replace them with scrubs derrrrrr.

Aija
03-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Denver is continuing to be dumb this offseason. Deerrrrr, let's let all our good FAs walk and replace them with scrubs derrrrrr.

lol. It dosent look too good man and teams dont seem to be playing around everyone is moving quickly. I dont mean to knowck the broncs i kinda like gold but man we have pressing needs that arent being addressed. And whats up with pryce ? does anyone want the guy ?

JoRo
03-02-2005, 06:53 PM
lol. It dosent look too good man and teams dont seem to be playing around everyone is moving quickly. I dont mean to knowck the broncs i kinda like gold but man we have pressing needs that arent being addressed. And whats up with pryce ? does anyone want the guy ?

Dont look like it, does it?

Aija
03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
i mean has pryce's stock really fallen that far. Comne on guys if u were a gm wouldnt u want the guy ?

JoRo
03-02-2005, 07:00 PM
i mean has pryce's stock really fallen that far. Comne on guys if u were a gm wouldnt u want the guy ?

For 9 mill and an injured back for a 30 year old D linemen, my dline would have to be pretty dang sh*tty to risk the pick for him

Aija
03-02-2005, 07:02 PM
For 9 mill and an injured back for a 30 year old D linemen, my dline would have to be pretty dang sh*tty to risk the pick for him

man mo fo . u're on a roll. u got me craking the f5$k up. for real i wouldnt want him niether. hopefully we can pull a fast one on some team.

OrangeShadow
03-02-2005, 07:05 PM
all u complain when we waste money why over pay hayward?

DPg2003
03-02-2005, 07:08 PM
all u complain when we waste money why over pay hayward?

Exactly. Hayward's contract demands wouldn't have allowed to make any moves this off-season.

BroncosB2B
03-02-2005, 07:10 PM
here's a link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2003271

JoRo
03-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Exactly. Hayward contract demands wouldn't have allowed to make any moves this off-season.

Have either you or the orange fella above you seen me say we should resign Hayward? Cuz if you did I musta been on some really strong stuff

bronx_2003
03-02-2005, 07:46 PM
at the bottom it says that we are going to the 3-4 and hayward does not play there

losing him is no big deal as shanny said if he stayed he would be a pass rushing LB (like gold can now do)

JoRo
03-02-2005, 07:48 PM
at the bottom it says that we are going to the 3-4 and hayward does not play there

losing him is no big deal as shanny said if he stayed he would be a pass rushing LB (like gold can now do)

Read what?

bronx_2003
03-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Read what?

LOL, my bad http://www.jaguars.com/story/4228.asp

jmjk
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
I agree that we should not have matched an offer. Even if (when) TP is gone, it is better to get all around better with four or five decent players. We have a cap problem. :sad:

hankin22
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
today the Jags signed Reggie Hayward

http://www.jaguars.com/story/4228.asp

Adrenaline
03-02-2005, 07:51 PM
today the Jags signed Reggie Hayward

http://www.jaguars.com/story/4228.asp

He wasn't worth the money. At least not to us. Hopefully well get another DE

thehoot79
03-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Hayward might lead the AFC in sacks next year. Henderson and Stroud are monsters and will give him tons of one on one opportunities. It's a safe bet that he'll be top 3 in the AFC in sacks. I hate to say it, but the Broncos roster does not look like an elite group right now. With the toughness of our schedule, I think we'll be lucky to go 10-6.

Adrenaline
03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Exactly. Hayward contract demands wouldn't have allowed to make any moves this off-season.

Moves we need to make :beer:

thehoot79
03-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Also, the Broncos keep talking about improving our pass rush, yet we let our best pass rusher leave and are talking about letting go Pryce. I don't see where we are going to improve our D-line. Right now it's getting worse.

Aija
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
i think shanny was making excuses when he talked bout hayward being a lb. Cause the guy defdinitely is a good pass rusher. We couldnt afford him. but dont talk that junk bout him being a line backer.

DPg2003
03-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Have either you or the orange fella above you seen me say we should resign Hayward? Cuz if you did I musta been on some really strong stuff

I never referred to you, I was agreeing with OrangeShadow.

Snk16
03-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Eh, we have Warren? We still have the draft and FA. FA probably isn't offering many good free agents.

Girvin
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
O well that stinks, I liked him but cant afford him.

JoRo
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
I'd have to say it is pretty fun to read through a bunch of different threads that are related when they are all merged lol

Bronco51
03-02-2005, 09:01 PM
This 3-4 idea better be pretty f*****g good!! We are watching other teams build a D-Line, which is our biggest need. I just hope that they are more successful with the 3-4 than I think they will be.

uhhyeahagain
03-02-2005, 10:58 PM
considering its basically worth 7 million a year.. I'm DEFINATLY happy that we did not sign Hayward to a contract. (25 million divided by 5, the 10 million up front divided by 5)

the way nfl contracts are structured, it's more like 10 million bonus followed by 4 years of minimum salary and then a balloon payment the last year. i bet his cap number is only around 2.5-3.0 for this year.

also, anyone notice that this has come full circle sort of?

the donks take out paul spicer for the rest of the year, and the jags "replace" spicer with hayward.

nickmeyer
03-03-2005, 01:46 AM
I heard Seattle is interested in Pryce not sure what they have offered just heard they were interested.

Johnny Law Man
03-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Good riddance Reggie, you were a 1 dimensional DE who was not worth half of what your agent was looking for. Thanks for the good season in Denver though. :cheers:

JHoward
03-03-2005, 07:50 AM
JACKSONVILLE, Florida (Ticker) - The Jacksonville Jaguars addressed a pressing need Wednesday, signing free agent defensive end Reggie Hayward.

Terms were not disclosed, but the team will hold a news conference Thursday morning to introduce its new pass rusher.

Hayward, 25, led Denver with 10 1/2 sacks last season, when he started 15 games - including the Broncos' AFC wild card loss at Indianapolis. He recorded 60 tackles, one interception and one fumble recovery while forcing one fumble.

A third-round pick in 2001 out of Iowa State, Hayward also had one sack and two tackles in the postseason loss to the Colts.

In 47 career games with the Broncos, Hayward registered 22 sacks and 75 tackles.

Last season, the Jaguars were led in sacks by defensive end Greg Favors and defensive tackle John Henderson, who recorded 5 1/2 apiece.

Jacksonville also signed defensive tackle Martin Chase, a seven-year veteran who missed the entire 2004 season with the New York Giants due to a knee injury. Chase appeared in 13 games with Washington 2003, recording 12 tackles

Heywards a sell out just like the old number #26. Coward.

jagsfan101
03-03-2005, 07:58 PM
the way nfl contracts are structured, it's more like 10 million bonus followed by 4 years of minimum salary and then a balloon payment the last year. i bet his cap number is only around 2.5-3.0 for this year.

also, anyone notice that this has come full circle sort of?

the donks take out paul spicer for the rest of the year, and the jags "replace" spicer with hayward.

actually the contract is frontloaded...he's gonna count almost $8 million against the cap this year making the rest of the contract very cap-friendly

Elway
03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
NFL players don't know what will happen from game to game, season to season. You can have a carreer ending injury before you ever make the big bucks, or you can be a bust and get cut. Reggie had a hell of a year and is peaking at the right time. I hate to see him go, especially to the jags but that's the business. I was more upset when we let Berry go the year before.

Sacks & pass rushing is great, but where I would really like to see the improvment is in our turnovers... last few years we have been way below the league average despite our pass rush in defensive ints.

Jared
03-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Heywards a sell out just like the old number #26. Coward.

You're kidding, right? A free market is not allowed ofor NFL Players?

What, he is supposed to be loyal? Teams aren't loyal to players. Why should the converse be true.

I mean, yeah, it suck that Denver couldn't afford to keep him, but that's the way the free agent system is set up.
If he REALLY wanted to be with one team his whole career, he could have just offered to sign a contract with a small signing bonus and the minimun salary level with no incentives.....

as if THAT would ever happen!

Fitzchivalry
03-03-2005, 09:38 PM
NFL players don't know what will happen from game to game, season to season. You can have a carreer ending injury before you ever make the big bucks, or you can be a bust and get cut. Reggie had a hell of a year and is peaking at the right time. I hate to see him go, especially to the jags but that's the business. I was more upset when we let Berry go the year before.

Sacks & pass rushing is great, but where I would really like to see the improvment is in our turnovers... last few years we have been way below the league average despite our pass rush in defensive ints.
Yeah but we need good D-linemen to create turnovers. Maybe we should have resigned Reggie instead of Gold.