PDA

View Full Version : Can Kanell beat the Patriots??

kickersarecool
10-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Not likely i think the only catches on the field from his passes are gonna be interceptions by the patriots. Good Luck though i'm still behind them. GO PORTIS!!

kickersarecool
11-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Do you think Kanell can beat the patriots. To be honest i think we've got to look towards Portis to get the yards. Why Shannahan's stuck with Kanell for i don't know, to be honest i think he's a waste of space. Anyway good luck to him and lets pray he proves me wrong.
Plummer get well soon!!

Javalon
11-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Can he? I'd say yes. But the more important question is...will he?

He's shown he can complete a few good passes and go stretches without interceptions but can he do that for a whole game when the Broncos really, really need him to? Let's hope so.

And Tahuya might be right and the Broncos lose because of Kanell. It wouldn't suprise me. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he helps them win.

He's just too much of a wildcard right now.

shan609
11-03-2003, 10:07 AM
THe Patriots have a great run defense.
But still our only hope is Portis!

THey have to give him the ball 30 times. Even if we don't succeed initially or even if we are trailing.

If they give it to Kennel, we lose because of fumbles & interceptions!

RealBronco
11-03-2003, 10:53 AM
I have total faith in our team. And we're 3-0 at home right now, but let's face it. It'll be a struggle if we even win. I hope we at least put up a fight. Portis needs to run all night and Lelie needs to get some catches.

All of me wants to say we're going to kick ace tonight but I think without a lot of our key players...we be facked.

keenah69
11-03-2003, 10:57 AM
I believe that danny Kanell can step up to the challenge. This will be his 3rd week as a starter. He is beginning to feel comfortable within the pocket and should find open receivers.

Danny has been improving through every practice and his teammates are very supportive of his efforts. I think you will agree after watching tonight's game.

The difference between Kanell and Plummer is only the lack of experience. This is shown by Kanell's average of 114 pass yards, 2 interceptions, and 2 fumbles in his first 2 games.

If he intends to lead this team in Plummer's absence, he will need to pass to open receivers more, and belive me, his receivers have been geeting open. Mixing it up between Rod Smith, Ashlie Lelie, and Shannon Sharpe, should guarantee first downs and great field position allowing Clintop Portis easy touchdown runs.

Go Broncos...

broncos4ever
11-03-2003, 11:09 AM
He has the ability to. What makes us think he can't do what he needs to do in Denver??? Has he proven he cannot??? Has he already lost in Denver??? Did he not do well against the Vikings and almost bring us back??? Did he not do well for 3 quarters against a Baltimore Defense in Baltimore??? Will he be able to audible??? Will he face the same conditions as he faced in Baltimore??? How much better is New England's defense then Balitmore's???

Lots of questions... Many will be answered tonight...

There is no reason to be gloomy though, the season is not over and the Broncos are not through. Let's take one game at a time and let the season decide itself...

motarque
11-03-2003, 11:38 AM
yeah, kanell can't and won't beat the pats. It's on the shoulders of the o-line and Portis. Kanell just needs to not mess up...play the Trent Dilfer role. That's my opinion.

broncos4ever
11-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by tahuya man
The Broncos will not beat the Patriots by only running the ball. Kannell is going to need to make the defense respect at least the threat of getting burned through the air. Bottom line, no passing game, no win.

That's my point exactly. What has Kannell done wrong that we think he cannot win in Denver??? If he is so bad, then why was he our third string quarterback???

broncos4ever
11-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by horseface
come on man...most of the time you are somewhat reasonable...but Kanell has shown to be a very poor QB. He is the 3rd stringer because he is the lesser of two evils. Both Kanell and JJ will be out of football for good at the end of the season. The only passes he completes are against the prevent Defense of Minnesota. Your son could have completed those passes. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Kanell is not even a mediocre QB.

True. I am reasonable most of the time. If we were not put in this bad of situation, I would even laugh at myself. I guess I am grasping at straws and hoping for the best. I know one thing, when I am sitting in the South Stands tonight, I am going to have lots of hope and much prayer that Kanell does well enough to not get us a loss.

I am also hoping that with a week of practice that is dedicated to Kanells strengths and the play calling by Shanahan will tip the scale in our favor.

I guess I am saying give the guy a chance. Hopefully after next week, Jake will be back and he will not miss a beat in his playing...

Would I put a bet on Denver if I was a betting man??? No, I would not. I hope they will win, and I will do everything I can as the 12th man to help our team win...

BroncoStud102
11-03-2003, 01:47 PM
Kannell doesn't have to beat the Pats, he just can't beat US. Give Portis the damn ball!!!!!!!!!!

Javalon
11-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by tahuya man
He hasn't done anything period. He's really an emergency QB. I'm sure that in September if you were told Kannell will be starting on Monday night, you would be thinking, disaster.

Without a doubt. Third-stringers aren't supposed to be good or they would be second-stringers or starters. Kanell is only expected to avoid mistakes and make some good, safe passing plays that will help pick up a little yardage here and there and loosen the rush defense.

If he can't fulfill that role tonight, he shouldn't even be the 3rd-string QB. Last week was his mulligan; he was coming off the flu and had not even a full week of practice with the starters. Tonight there are no excuses. He has to get the job done.

AsianOrange
11-03-2003, 02:46 PM
You're right! Plus Kannel used to be a starter....he knows what is on the line.