PDA

View Full Version : If you could...



PatriotsNation
10-30-2003, 04:33 PM
take any active player and add them to your team who would it be and why? cap doesn't count

or one for defense and one offense

ozzy_osbourne
10-30-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by PatriotsNation
take any active player and add them to your team who would it be and why? cap doesn't count

or one for defense and one offense

Tough one, Offense either Dan Marino or John Elway, Defense, either Steve Atwater or Dennis Smith... becasue I would not want to get hit by either safety and I would want a winner on offense

PatriotsNation
10-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
Tough one, Offense either Dan Marino or John Elway, Defense, either Steve Atwater or Dennis Smith... becasue I would not want to get hit by either safety and I would want a winner on offense

they are two good players but your speed reading again (active players) ;)

LawDog
10-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Or four players (speed reading)...

I would take Vick, when healthy. He is the epitome of what QB's are going to have evolve to over the next five or six years.

Return of Lava
10-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Champ Bailey and whoever is the best offensive lineman out there

Return of Lava
10-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by horseface
Willie Roaf or Will Shields...both Chiefs...take your pick. i think ill pass on them

Javalon
10-30-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by LawDog
Or four players (speed reading)...

I would take Vick, when healthy. He is the epitome of what QB's are going to have evolve to over the next five or six years.

I'd agree with you on Vick. But I don't think QB's will evolve to doing what he can do. I think he is a once in a generation type player and all we'll see in the NFL are pale imitations. If he stays healthy and becomes as accurate as he is powerful, he'll have a shot at being the best ever.

In reality, once Jake is healthy again, I don't think QB will be a needy area for the Broncos. I wish we had a dominating defensive lineman who could ring up the sacks, someone to play beside Trevor Pryce. Like a Simeon Rice. I keep hoping that Daryl Gardner will do the trick but his injury has kept us from seeing if he's the guy or not.

ozzy_osbourne
10-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by PatriotsNation
they are two good players but your speed reading again (active players) ;)

OK, Clinton "Pimp" Portis & Vick

Return of Lava
10-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Think about it. If we had champ bailey somebody younger and a shut down CB o generate turnovers, and a god O-lineman to create space we wuld dominate

LawDog
10-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Javalon,

I agree that Vick is one-of-a-kind, however just as the QB's have gotten bigger (6'4" 230 was very rare at the position not too long ago) I think the typical QB of the future will move more and more toward the way Vick plays. For example, the stay in the pocket type of passer is on the way out.

Return of Lava
10-30-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by horseface
you asked for the best o-lineman...I threw them out there for you. They have 8 pro bowl appearances each.
In your opinion...who is better? I like them both but you know i cant take them if there from the chiefs. the chiefs are poison.........lol.

dandaman23
10-30-2003, 09:03 PM
As much as I hate to say it I would take Dante Culpepper. I think he is a great QB. I mean he can throw a mile and he can run really good. He is a complete QB, and best thing of all he dosent throw many ints. Defensive players I would take Deon Sanders in his prime but since we have to take actice players I would probably take Patrick Surtain, he is a great DB.

Elway
10-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Derrick Brooks... awesome defensive player.

Carmine
10-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by dandaman23
As much as I hate to say it I would take Dante Culpepper. I think he is a great QB. I mean he can throw a mile and he can run really good. He is a complete QB, and best thing of all he dosent throw many ints. Defensive players I would take Deon Sanders in his prime but since we have to take actice players I would probably take Patrick Surtain, he is a great DB.

I would have to say Peyton Manning right now. If we werent having the QB problem I would go with Ricky Williams or Jamal Lewis to add a little more to our running game. Portis and a big power back like Williams would be terrifiying to most defenses.

RunByDesign
10-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Dolphins' starting corners.

Carmine
10-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by LawDog
Or four players (speed reading)...

I would take Vick, when healthy. He is the epitome of what QB's are going to have evolve to over the next five or six years.

I disagree, I think those types of QB's will always have a harder time staying healthy. I think speed is always going to be important, but the running style QB is gonna have more injuries and a shorter career than your Manning, Elway and Marino types. The guys like Vick are great and fun to watch, but for the money QB's are worth these days, it is a risk every time they use their running ability to move the ball. That is just how I feel, I may be wrong.