PDA

View Full Version : Did we sign Gold or not?

letsgoavs1921
03-03-2005, 03:50 PM
All I heard last night was that nfl network was reporting we signed Gold. Today in the post, and rockymountainnews, it said we might sign him. Can anyone tell me what they are saying in Denver, because I don't live there.

JoRo
03-03-2005, 03:53 PM
We havent yet or it would be on the home site

bmcl2343
03-03-2005, 03:59 PM
I haven't seen anything official, so maybe we haven't and everyone on this board has jumped the gun prematurely?

bleedbluorange
03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I haven't seen anything official, so maybe we haven't and everyone on this board has jumped the gun prematurely?
I think that is exactly what has happened. If it were done than we'd know about it. something is holding it up. Maybe the money or he doesnt want to play the strongside and leave DJ on the weak. If he wont play strongside, then I say dont sign him. If he wants the big bucks let him get it somewhere else. I like Gold but we have bigger fish to fry.

Adrenaline
03-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I think that is exactly what has happened. If it were done than we'd know about it. something is holding it up. Maybe the money or he doesnt want to play the strongside and leave DJ on the weak. If he wont play strongside, then I say dont sign him. If he wants the big bucks let him get it somewhere else. I like Gold but we have bigger fish to fry.

True. if Gold wants the $$ i hope we didn't get him because we have a D line that can be improved. But if we really did sign him and it was a decent salary im all for Gold coming back. :beer:

bleedbluorange
03-03-2005, 04:08 PM
True. if Gold wants the $$ i hope we didn't get him because we have a D line that can be improved. But if we really did sign him and it was a decent salary im all for Gold coming back. :beer:I dont have a problem with Gold coming back. However, DJ has earned that weak side linebacker spot. I would hate to switch him before he competes with Gold for it. DJ would beat out Gold for the position. I dont think it's fair to bring Gold back and just give him DJ's spot.

ReleaseTheBeast7
03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
No they are negotiating a contract right now. Denver post said so... Sometime tonight.

Bronco D
03-03-2005, 04:18 PM
According to Lee Hamilton sports report here in Ca. .he was going thru all the free agents signed today and said Gold was signed by the Broncos today !

ReleaseTheBeast7
03-03-2005, 04:37 PM
According to Lee Hamilton sports report here in Ca. .he was going thru all the free agents signed today and said Gold was signed by the Broncos today !
WOOT!

Hopefully the Cali boys are right!

urinal_cake
03-03-2005, 04:40 PM

Thats what I thought too, terms weren't disclosed though...

broncosfan247
03-03-2005, 04:51 PM
I dont have a problem with Gold coming back. However, DJ has earned that weak side linebacker spot. I would hate to switch him before he competes with Gold for it. DJ would beat out Gold for the position. I dont think it's fair to bring Gold back and just give him DJ's spot.

according to the post

"If the deal is completed, Gold likely would step in as a starter with Denver. D.J. Williams, entering his second NFL season, may move to strongside linebacker to accommodate Gold taking the weakside position. Because of his speed, Gold would be a solid addition to the 3-4 defense."

But I think i'd actually prefer Gold on the weak side. We arleady have Bailey and Lynch on the strong side, we need alittle more experience on the weak side LB position to back up Walls and whoever our SS is gonna be.

Peerless
03-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, we do have enough Lb's, and i would start worrying about the Dline. O well, what number do you think he'll take since Dj took 52?

speedracer2411
03-03-2005, 05:02 PM
i heard it would be finalized by sat.

Casper Bronco
03-03-2005, 06:37 PM
It's on the denver broncos website now

JRWIZ
03-03-2005, 06:57 PM

Exactly much bigger concerns about getting to the QB. But it sounds true.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=3953