PDA

View Full Version : How to make our D line not suck

PRBronco
03-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Ok, looks like we spent quite a bit of money on ian gold, not a whole lot left to spend on getting some D linemen, and not a whole lot of guys worth spending it on. So, here's the plan: actually draft some D linemen. And here's who and why:
This is assuming travis johnson, shaun cody and marcus spears are drafted. I'm looking at guys we can use in a 3-4 or a 4-3. James (gonna be a bust), pollack (exclusively 4-3), justin tuck (exclusively 4-3) and dan cody (i have a bad feeling about him) are excluded.

First round:
Get matt roth or demarcus ware.
Roth: I'm liking this guy more and more. He looks mostly like a 4-3 end, and a damn good one, but he sounds like he's actually quite strong, and might hold up on a 3 man line. Best thing is, he looks ready to start as a rook.
Ware: John Abraham jr. minus the injuries. He's already got his weight up over 250. We can use him just like the jets use john abraham in a 4-3, or as an OLB in the 3-4. A con is obviously his lack of "competition against top opponents" playing at troy. He might not be ready to play as a rook.

Second round:
Sione Pouha!
He's 26, as physcially mature as he'll ever be. Strong as a bull, super fast. He can be a nose tackle or a DT in the 4-3. No point waiting to see if he'll be around at the end of the third, bite the bullet and get us our first legit DT in years.

So, what do you guys think? Yes, there is no vincent jackson or matt jones, deal with it.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
03-03-2005, 10:59 PM
If we draft another OLB, I'm going to feint.

In round 1, I want one of the following players:
S. Cody.
A. Hawthorne
L. Castillo
K. Barnes (OT)
M. Patterson

Round 2, I havent really looked at yet, but a D-linemen would be fantastic.

PRBronco
03-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Hahaha, don't worry mat, i'm looking at ware as a DE only, just like john abraham. We definitely have an embarrassment of riches at linebacker.

vicious2500
03-04-2005, 08:24 AM
I like Demarcus Ware on the D-line as a DE, what about Vincent Jackson with our 2nd rounder if he's still available he's tall and could very well be that possesion WR we're looking for.