PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys like the card thing?

Snk16
03-05-2005, 05:53 AM
I find it fun unless your start missing cards :laugh: What about you guys?

dsplcedbrncofan
03-05-2005, 12:18 PM
I think the virtual cards add a different twist to collecting cards.I have been collecting cards of all types for 20+ years and I enjoyed it.Even though there were days when the system had problems,the prize we recieved at the end was well worth the set backs.I just hope they continue this card idea for many years to come.

BroncosB2B
03-05-2005, 03:58 PM
i only have 2 cards i think. i don't understand the whole thing, like how to get new ones and stuff.

AzBroncoFan67
03-05-2005, 08:37 PM
I think the cards were a great way to get members to interact more, can't wait to see the next set, and the prizes were remarkable! Kudos to all who are responsible for setting it all up! Keep up the great work, and as always..................GO BRONCOS!!

Farlo
03-06-2005, 05:00 AM
I had fun collecting the cards! They look great printed up. I am looking forward to the next set. Thanks to the Bronco organization for making this happen for us! :beer:

MeLo WilsonŽ
03-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I dont get it

JWinn
03-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Melo, I am guessing your not a card collector. Even if you are, these were printable. They may not ever be worth anything, but I though they were fun to collect. I met other people and had a good experience with it.

The cards were smart & simple. Clean and well done. They had a little info and a choice of pictures for most players.

I made it a point NOT to miss cards. In Denver, they come out at midnight and I always managed to make it every night. I mean, jeez, they were FREE BRONCO cards!

Really, if you collect Bronco stuff, or any sports stuff, it's not about value. Not for me at least.

I like the card thing, yes!

Snk16
03-06-2005, 08:49 PM
FREE

What? I only heard that part. FREE! ONe of the most beautyful words ever made.

Alastor
03-07-2005, 09:02 AM
No. I hate them. That's why I went nuts trying to get the last one I needed, because I hate them and don't want anyone else to have any, so I take them from the pile so they run out.

I hate them. I hate the prizes too. I take those to keep collectable items out of the hands of the innocent that might otherwise stumble upon them.

Just doing my part for man-kind and all that.

broncos49015
03-07-2005, 03:50 PM
yes i loved the cards and cant wait until the next set comes out.they were great to print and put in my scrapbook that i started on the broncos and to add to m y collection of broncos stuff, also the prizes were great too!!!!!!!!! broncos for lilfe :cool:

elizabethperos
03-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Loved collecting them. I look forward to the next set and hopefully I will get them all on my own. Well worth the effort.

weyrling
03-08-2005, 09:12 AM
No. I hate them. That's why I went nuts trying to get the last one I needed, because I hate them and don't want anyone else to have any, so I take them from the pile so they run out.

I hate them. I hate the prizes too. I take those to keep collectable items out of the hands of the innocent that might otherwise stumble upon them.

Just doing my part for man-kind and all that.

LOL Alastor! People that don't know you from here won't see the humor in this post. :D

Alastor
03-08-2005, 09:14 AM
If they don't know me, I don't care about them. I'm all about entertaining my peers - strangers be damned.

Woot. Thanks for getting the sarcasm in that post!

cowgirl831
03-08-2005, 05:22 PM
The trading cards were fun to collect. can't wait for the next set to start.

PatrickdaDookie
03-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't understand anything about them. What they were, how people got them, etc etc. All I know was there was a forum for them.

Someone want to give the rundown? Cause as of now it makes zero sense to me.

JWinn
03-09-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't understand anything about them. What they were, how people got them, etc etc. All I know was there was a forum for them.

Someone want to give the rundown? Cause as of now it makes zero sense to me.

Sure thing Patrick!

First, they were downloaded into your portfolio. This is only accesible thru the site. You got one per day and simply clicked the button to place it into your portfolio.

To see where this is, go thru the main website and select "Fan Fare". This is the same thing you use to get to these boards. But instead of going to the boards, you select "Trading Cards". From there, you can read all about it and go to your portfolio. You wont have any cards there, yet, but you can at least see where it is.

Once you have a card, or more, you can print them out. They are not as fancy as real cards, but provide a bit of info and a link to that players page. It's just another thing the team does for us fans.

Also, there are lots of threads in here talkng about everything you can imagine. If you really want to know more, read thru some of them.

However, if you have any specific questions, just ask. I'll be happy to try to help you. :beer:

weyrling
03-14-2005, 10:17 AM
I think they were absolutely great! My grown daughter and I each collected them and had a blast doing it. It gave us a tie with the team that was unmatched in any other season. We were totally tied in! The prizes were great, and we anxiously look forward to the next set...and of course to the new season. This year's gotta be our year!! :beer: