PDA

View Full Version : Monday is MUST WIN!!

Carmine
10-30-2003, 09:29 PM
I think I would like to see Denver compliment Portis in the back field with a "power back". Some one along the lines of Ricky Williams or a Mike Alstott type. I think we need a heavy, powerful back just to give our offense a little more punch. Maybe some recievers to go with... such as a Hines Ward or a T. Owens wihtout the attitude. We have good recievers, but I havent been too impressed... no real dominant recievers. Shannon and ED are a little over the hill and Smith and Lelie are just not getting it done. Am i the only one thinking this way.

RunByDesign
10-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Carmine
I think I would like to see Denver compliment Portis in the back field with a "power back". Some one along the lines of Ricky Williams or a Mike Alstott type. I think we need a heavy, powerful back just to give our offense a little more punch. Maybe some recievers to go with... such as a Hines Ward or a T. Owens wihtout the attitude. We have good recievers, but I havent been too impressed... no real dominant recievers. Shannon and ED are a little over the hill and Smith and Lelie are just not getting it done. Am i the only one thinking this way.

Mike Anderson...they just need to run him more...

Elway
10-30-2003, 09:44 PM
When in trouble...call in the Marine.

Carmine
10-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by portisistheman
Mike Anderson...they just need to run him more...

He is good, but I wouldnt compare him to Williams or Alstott for short yardage situations. (Well Alstott when he his healthy)

RunByDesign
10-30-2003, 11:42 PM
Is there another linebacker playing better than Al Wilson right now? He seems to be all over the field, covering WR's down the field, stuffing the run, laying the smackdown on foolish receivers without enough sense to stay out of the middle of the field.

bronco_mom
10-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by portisistheman
Is there another linebacker playing better than Al Wilson right now? He seems to be all over the field, covering WR's down the field, stuffing the run, laying the smackdown on foolish receivers without enough sense to stay out of the middle of the field.

You're right. We're on a first name basis during game time now. Just like Ed. And Rod. Al is awesome! He's like a junk-yard dog!
(Sounded terribly professional, dinnit it?)

Perry1977
10-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Al Wilson kicks ass. Hes by far my favorite defensive player, and has been since his rookie year. Something about being from that awesome Tennessee team is just rockin'!

thesaint
10-31-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Perry1977
Something about being from that awesome Tennessee team is just rockin'!

We love Al IN SPITE OF THAT....not because of that. :D

thesaint
10-31-2003, 06:00 AM
Denver has rushed for over 1500 yards each of the past 8 seasons. Im going to go ahead and leave the scheme up to Shanahan...he seems to be doing pretty well.

elwaymvp
10-31-2003, 06:58 AM
Yep. Yet another reason why Denver has the best linebacker core in the league. Those linebackers who have only had one player run for 100 yards against them ALL SEASON, and that was in the Baltimore rout. Even then, Lewis barely broke it right at the end of the game.

I have to give Al his due, but all of those guys deserve credit.

TD30
10-31-2003, 07:35 AM
Big Al is awsome- how dare TJ not give him the #1 hit, when he levelled Heap, on his Jacked Up segment, shame on TJ.

WoodlandPkPunk
10-31-2003, 07:59 AM
Cannot lose. If we do it may mean a downhill spiral. Do not give me the "Jake will be back and it will be fine". I live in AZ and watched Jake for 7 years. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I love the Broncos, but let's get real.

bklynbronco
10-31-2003, 08:22 AM
If we are 6-3 or 5-4 doesn't make a difference in your mind, when jake comes back we are not going to win anyway, right? Why is monday a must win if you said you seen jake for 7 years in arizona and he couldn't do it there what's one more win.
Man all he's been in denver is a positive player and already he's a loser for being on terrible arizona team. Give him at least this year to prove that he can play in denver.

MeaTy The Pimp
10-31-2003, 08:54 AM
While I may not be a Broncos fan, I still have alot of respect for them. I think that you guys stand a good chance of winning this Monday. New England is only .500 (2-2) on the road, and they are going to be in a hostile Mile High. I think it is going to be a close game, but I think the Broncos will pull through it. I think the Denver defense is going to have a big day. Good Luck on Monday night.

Yay, I finally get to watch the Chiefs having a GREAT year. 8-0 W000T!!!

TD30
10-31-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by WoodlandPkPunk
Cannot lose. If we do it may mean a downhill spiral. Do not give me the "Jake will be back and it will be fine". I live in AZ and watched Jake for 7 years. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I love the Broncos, but let's get real.
Hey WPP, not attacking, just responding. Obviously Denver needs to win Monday, so that's redundant. I too have watched Jake while w/ Phx, and all though I had my doubts, he has been very good w/Denver thus far and the team is alot better w/ him- now I'm stating the obvious.

TD30
10-31-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by MeaTy The Pimp
While I may not be a Broncos fan, I still have alot of respect for them. I think that you guys stand a good chance of winning this Monday. New England is only .500 (2-2) on the road, and they are going to be in a hostile Mile High. I think it is going to be a close game, but I think the Broncos will pull through it. I think the Denver defense is going to have a big day. Good Luck on Monday night.

Yay, I finally get to watch the Chiefs having a GREAT year. 8-0 W000T!!! Hey MTP, good to see a KC fan not bashing the Broncs

bronco_girl
10-31-2003, 09:18 AM
why???
why are they starting Danny Kanell?
:( oh boy
MNF might turn into a very long game...

Go Broncos!

TD30
10-31-2003, 09:24 AM
I'm not sold on JJ being a viable option either- it's a tough situation.

AsianOrange
10-31-2003, 09:26 AM
We're just going to have to trust Kannell and hope he does well. This should the end of the Plummer Injury. Hopefully he would be back after the bye week.

Javalon
10-31-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by bronco_girl
why???

Go Broncos!

They're starting Kanell because their only other option is Jarious Jackson. I think Jackson's only advantage is his mobility.

Kanell has more experience. Kanell has practiced with the team a lot more this year. Both guys have questionable accuracy and consistency throwing the ball but the Broncos know firsthand the struggles that Jackson has had for the past three years.

Even if they brought in a "more talented" QB (nothing special on the free agent heap), that QB would have even less familiarity with the offense than either Kanell or Jackson. Timing between the QB and receivers is a problem right now.

I think Kanell gets the start because he is the lesser of several evils. But hopefully for one game he'll stop being evil and be good. :)

AsianOrange
10-31-2003, 09:40 AM
Yea, it's a rare thing these days. Wish this board was around when we were 13-0! Now that was an awesome time....

AsianOrange
10-31-2003, 09:42 AM
Hopefully he will not cause any turnovers. Also, he's trying to make plays. I think that Interception that Ray Lewis made as because the Broncos were trailing.

The defense was playing pass the whole way.

AsianOrange
10-31-2003, 09:48 AM
I'm looking forward to Terry Pierce playing some downs....he was on Special Teams last weekend. Should be fun watching him run around!

MeaTy The Pimp
10-31-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by TD30
Hey MTP, good to see a KC fan not bashing the Broncs

Not all of us (KC fans) are trolls. :D I just hope that we play well against you in December. IF the Chiefs play as well against you in December, as they played Sunday night against Buffalo, and still lose, I will have no problems with it, but if they play like a highschool team like they did the last time they played the Broncos, I will be a bit upset...

Good luck Monday Night...

BroncoManiac_69
10-31-2003, 10:29 AM
I think Monday is a must win because we need to go into our bye week on a positive note. It would help moral on the team and for us fans. If we happen to lose, the season is still not over but will require us to win most of the games left in the season. I still see us finishing at 10-6. Let's hope that is enough for a wild card spot.

This is all assuming that the Chefs continue on their roll. Catching the west title will be difficult but doable.

GO BRONCOS!!

Javalon
10-31-2003, 10:47 AM
I don't think this game is a "Must" win game but it's a definite "Would Be Extremely Helpful For Our Playoff Chances" win.

The fact is, Jake comes back right as we hit our easy patch of the schedule. 4 out of the next 5 are against losing teams. 4 out of 5 are home games. The only tough team is the KC Chefs and that game is in Mile High. Those games will determine our playoff chances. If we win all 5, as we should, then we'll still probably make the playoffs.

Winning against the Patsies, however, would allow room for a bad game somewhere in that 5 game stretch.

So...GO BRONCOS AND POUND THOSE PATS!!!

RealBronco
10-31-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Elway
When in trouble...call in the Marine.

HOORAAH!!!! 1.2.3.4. UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!!

JED Bronco
10-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Pocket passers have to wait for throwing lanes due to NFL (HUGE) linemen. Bad QB's do not understand the flow of these lanes and working it to the recievers. A bad mobile QB is better than a bad pocket passer because he can possibly find space to throw and elliminate the line lane problem.

Monday won't be any different than last week unless JJ gets a shot...no guarentees there either...but what the heck do something different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun Rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

pikman
10-31-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by bronco_girl
why???

Go Broncos!

Two things Bronco_girl.

Lots of Portis and Anderson running

And Lots and Lots of Molson.

broncos_chick
10-31-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm just hoping Kannell can play this game the same way he did when he first stepped in for Beuerlein.

Hoss
10-31-2003, 11:56 AM
They will go with Kanell because he's been a starter before, and he knows our system better right now. He has the game experience that we need right now. Jackson hasn't ever started a game. They need some sort of experience in there right now. I have no doubts about Jackson's abilities but Kanell is the right choice for our coaching staff, and I'm not going to second guess them.

orang/blu in LA
10-31-2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah... i still like to blame some of Kanell's last performance on the flu.... maybe that's wishful thinking, but it gives me hope to think he's healthy now and may surprise us (in a good way!). anyhow, my fingers are crossed. Monday seems SO FAR AWAY...sigh....

spun
10-31-2003, 12:56 PM
Running the ball with Portis is the best option we have an till plummer gets back. Portis well make the game easier for kanell to do his thing. Portis well gain 4-5 yards every time he runs the ball TRUE ME!!

Javalon
10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Yep, Kanell will be the key to the running game's success. He absolutley HAS TO make the Patsies at least partially respect the passing game or the running game will be less than effective.

It's the old classic pass to make the running game easier. And when the running game is working the passing game gets easier. (I know this usually works opposite but not when you're playing your 3rd-string QB)

Please please please Dannyboy...please play a decent game for us and allow us to win this game.

TD30
10-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by tahuya man
With the passing game for Denver in distress, NE will be keying on Portis. The key for Denver will be to protect Kanell and give him some time to find some receivers. In monday night's case, Denver is going to need to use the pass to set up the run. If Denver can't complete some passes early, it's going to be a long night.
Good attempt, but still a little too obvious.

spun
10-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Pats lose buy touchdown. 4th quarter comeback by Kanell! Trust me!!

BroncoStud102
10-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Shanahan is a great coach. Vermeil is a great coach. Gruden will be a great coach.....it's that simple.

If Portis gets 100+ yards Denver wins. If Kannell throws more than 1 int we probably lose. I don't sweat the Pats offense, but since our defense is so banged up, better not to keep them on the field more than 35 minutes.

Run Portis 30 times Mike!!!

Javalon
10-31-2003, 01:48 PM
The average coach in the NFL does know what he's doing on game day. The talent on the field is the biggest factor win wins and losses. Elway was one of the Greatest QBs of all time. The combination of him and Terrell Davis and an outstanding O line was what got super bowl wins. An average coach could have won the super bowl with that offense.

That's downright silly. If that's the case then MOST Super Bowl teams have enough talent that any average coach could win with them. The Bucs last year had such a dominating defense that any average coach could win the Super Bowl with it. The St. Louis Rams had so much freakin' talent on offense that any average coach could have won the Super Bowl with it. The Baltimore Ravens had one of the best defenses in NFL history and any average coach could have won the Super Bowl with it. The Green Bay Packers had so much talent on both sides of the ball that any average coach could have won the Super Bowl with that team.

No, that's a bunch of bull.

It takes a great coach, not an average one, to get his team to win the Super Bowl...much less back-to-back Super Bowls. There has to be both the talent and the coaching to win the championship. You obviously just revel in irritating people otherwise you wouldn't make such ludicrous statements.

broncos4ever
10-31-2003, 01:52 PM
The average coach in the NFL does know what he's doing on game day. The talent on the field is the biggest factor win wins and losses. Elway was one of the Greatest QBs of all time. The combination of him and Terrell Davis and an outstanding O line was what got super bowl wins. An average coach could have won the super bowl with that offense.

I totally disagree. Average coaches do not win Superbowls even with great talent. Let me know from history who is an average coach that has won a Superbowl? I am trying to think of one and I come up with none.

BroncoStud102
10-31-2003, 02:07 PM
Martz has not won a Super Bowl bud.

broncos4ever
10-31-2003, 02:12 PM
Jimmy Johnson Failure at Miami, Mike Holmgren Failure with Seattle, The Coach at Baltimore (Can't spell his name) Mike Martz. George Siefert, Barry Switzer,just to name a few....average coaches all.

Are we talking only in the pro-football level or college football level. Barry Switzer was an excellent college coach. Jimmy Johnson took the Dallas Cowboys from nothing to something in the years he coached them. Mike Holmgren had the help of the general manager in Green Bay but I don't think anyone would think he was an average coach. Mike Martz is known as an offensive Genius and was one of the best taking a second string quarterback and getting the most out of him. George Siefert took a team that used to having Joe Montana and worked with Steve Young for their Superbowl.

Take the coaches you named and tell me how they are average.

Javalon
10-31-2003, 02:24 PM
OK stand corrected on that one, But I suppose everyone here agrees that Switzer was a great coach? Him and Siefert are the perfect examples of talent winning despite the coaching

Ok, both those coaches inherited teams that won the Super Bowls the year before. Even then, Siefert never finished with less than a 10-6 record.

Shanny inherited a 7-9 team that finished 4th in the AFC West. It only took until his 3rd season for the Broncos to win the first of their back-to-back Super Bowls.

motarque
10-31-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by spun
Running the ball with Portis is the best option we have an till plummer gets back. Portis well make the game easier for kanell to do his thing. Portis well gain 4-5 yards every time he runs the ball TRUE ME!!

i'm sorry, i normally don't do this, but...<sigh>... "the best option we have an till plummer...". Seriously people, no one considers you to be credible when you butcher the English language like this. "Portis well make...Portis well gain...".

I'm normally not the grammar police here, but i just couldn't stay quiet on this one. Again, for those of you who hate it when people do this, I apologize. It probably won't happen again. I don't claim to be perfect...i make mistakes too...but...well, nevermind.