PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

orangenblue420
03-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Its that time of year - woot woot - I must say I love this as one of my top three sports times of year :confused: anywho

Great games last night and today - illinois/osu, kansas/mizzou. osu/texas wow, UCONN :rockon:, Kentucky - OU/TTU :huh: not really - LOL

So folks lets keep this thread alive through the tourney time - some of us are doing brackets - for more info ask joisey or horsie - i dont like organizing - hehehe

Jim
03-06-2005, 08:15 PM
We already know Kansas is going to win, kind of pointless to even watch it. :coffee:

:rockon:

KnightOLB53
03-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Illinois isnt undefeated

BlueDevilsDB
03-06-2005, 08:33 PM
We already know Kansas is going to win, kind of pointless to even watch it. :coffee:

I heard Keith is out for at least the Big 12 tourney, or so said Bill Self. You might not want to call it just yet.

Jim
03-06-2005, 08:44 PM
I heard Keith is out for at least the Big 12 tourney, or so said Bill Self. You might not want to call it just yet.

It's all good, we don't need him to win. Wayne wins.

Wilson56 bell26
03-07-2005, 02:40 PM

heheh my name is keith....

Dub-DeuceKnight
03-07-2005, 10:18 PM
I think Pitt is going to be a spoiler for some teams, come tourney time, if they get off the bubble.
they have beaten some really good teams this year.
I don't predict them to win it or anything but watch out for them in your brackets

Jared
03-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Pacific will make a sweet 16 run

Illinois will be at Indy, Chicago, and St. Louis if they get a #1 seed, which means they would have to absoluetly choke to not get to the Final Four.

Duke's depth will be a problem, I think.

UNC looks very good down the stretch.

As does Pitt. They had lost some, but then started beating the crap out of everyone late. They spanked a very good BC team by 20, in Chestnut Hill.

Beware a young, confident Kentucky team. They somehow had the best record in the SEC with no notable superstars.

Kansas will not make it to the sweet 16 without Keith. That's a lot of points, and quality minutes that isn't so easily replaceable. Especially since the will probably be a 2 or 3 seed, not a 1. Depends on how they do in the Big 12 tourney.

The Big East might get a record 8 teams into the tourney, if WVU or Georgetown make a deep run.

The ACC is apparently not as good as the Big East, as perennial Big East doormats VT and Miami somehow got winning records in the ACC.

Arizona will choke...again.......

rcsodak
03-07-2005, 11:01 PM

Is that you, homer????? :cheers:

Ohio Broncos
03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Pacific will make a sweet 16 run

Illinois will be at Indy, Chicago, and St. Louis if they get a #1 seed, which means they would have to absoluetly choke to not get to the Final Four.

Duke's depth will be a problem, I think.

UNC looks very good down the stretch.

As does Pitt. They had lost some, but then started beating the crap out of everyone late. They spanked a very good BC team by 20, in Chestnut Hill.

Beware a young, confident Kentucky team. They somehow had the best record in the SEC with no notable superstars.

Kansas will not make it to the sweet 16 without Keith. That's a lot of points, and quality minutes that isn't so easily replaceable. Especially since the will probably be a 2 or 3 seed, not a 1. Depends on how they do in the Big 12 tourney.

The Big East might get a record 8 teams into the tourney, if WVU or Georgetown make a deep run.

The ACC is apparently not as good as the Big East, as perennial Big East doormats VT and Miami somehow got winning records in the ACC.

Arizona will choke...again.......

My main problem with Illinois is that they don't have a dominant player inside. Their three guards are spectacular, but what if they turn in another game like the Ohio St. game when the Big Dance starts?

I think UNC is the best all around team in the country right now. They have superior depth and they can run you ragged with it. May is an absolute beast in the paint. I think they'll need McCants to really do some damage, but nobody knows when he's coming back.

I actually like Arizona. They showed a lot of heart the way they hung on against Arizona State after blowing TWO big leads. They were up 18 in the first half before ASU cut it down to one by halftime, and then they went up 15 in the second half, gave up the lead to ASU and prevailed in the end. Stoudemire is the best shooter in the country (yes, even better than J.J. Re*****) and Adams is a ball hawk on the defensive end. Frye is a good low post threat, but I would be concerned if they played a team with a real banger in the post. Frye seems too soft at times. But hey, every team has a weakness, right?

Wake Forest's Achilles' heel has been defense all year. They can turn it on in spurts, but they can't seem to lock a team up for a sustained stretch. But it's hard to ignore a team that has Paul and Gray on the outside with Williams patrolling the paint.

I could go on forever with this. I love this time of the year. :beer:

margerafanisbac
03-08-2005, 04:49 PM
i'm not too fond of university of kentucky. its louisville all the way :beer:
Go Cards! :D

:cheers:

Jared
03-08-2005, 05:34 PM
i'm not too fond of university of kentucky. its louisville all the way :beer:
Go Cards! :D

:cheers:

Lousiville has had a quiet, but great season.

I think they are #2 seed, and possibly a #1 if Duke and/or Kentucky have a first round falter in their respective conference tourneys.

Jim
03-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Is that you, homer????? :cheers:

Just spreadin the truth to everyone RC, just spreadin the truth. :yawn:

rcsodak
03-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Yay! Bluejays make it AGAIN! Wonder if they'll knock off a higher seed again?
They don't have a Kyle Korver shooting the ball, but do have a couple guys that can continue the 'tradition'.

The Big XII looks to be an interesting tourney. Kansas/OU tied for 1st place, with 4 losses each. And lately, no team (other than Baylor) has been a push-over.
Should OU/Kansas win, I can see a #2 seed, with the loser getting a #3.

At the midway point of the season, I didn't give OU a fighting chance, as their guard play stunk and all of their points were coming from their two big men, Bookout and Gray. But as of late, they're the hottest team in the league, on a 6-game win streak, and the guards are actually leading the way.

As far as advitees, I'm thinking OU/OSU/KS/TX/TT/ and either/both TA&M or ISU, depending on how they do in the tourney.

Jared
03-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Yay! Bluejays make it AGAIN! Wonder if they'll knock off a higher seed again?
They don't have a Kyle Korver shooting the ball, but do have a couple guys that can continue the 'tradition'.

The Big XII looks to be an interesting tourney. Kansas/OU tied for 1st place, with 4 losses each. And lately, no team (other than Baylor) has been a push-over.
Should OU/Kansas win, I can see a #2 seed, with the loser getting a #3.

At the midway point of the season, I didn't give OU a fighting chance, as their guard play stunk and all of their points were coming from their two big men, Bookout and Gray. But as of late, they're the hottest team in the league, on a 6-game win streak, and the guards are actually leading the way.

As far as advitees, I'm thinking OU/OSU/KS/TX/TT/ and either/both TA&M or ISU, depending on how they do in the tourney.

I disagree. I think the Big XIII tourney winner seeding depends on the team. I think OSU might get a #2, but Kansas or OU would be a #3. Because of the pod system and regions, the number 2's (other than OSU) would likely be BC or UConn, (depending on how they fare in the Big East Tourney), Wake Forest or DUke, (or both, depending on what region they get dumped in), and probably either Arizona or Washington out west (I assume that the Pac-10 winner will get a #1 in the West).

I alos disagree with how many teams you have from the Big XII While all of them have had quality wins, I really think Texas and A&M both need to probably get to or win the league tourney final to get an invite. I'd say Texas Tech and ISU HAVE to win the whole thing. In the most recent poll, A&M and UT got votes, although they are unranked. Tech is off the map in the AP poll, and got 3 votes in the USAToday/Espn poll. ISU has the lowest RPI of the 3, and there are still automatics to give out, so they need help. If a couple of cinderellas get automatic bids from mid majors, (the MAC, NEC, MVC) the committee might still want to invite the regular season champ.

horsesense
03-09-2005, 09:39 AM
dont forget about about OK State, and Ill even throw Gonzaga in for good measure... :D

orangenblue420
03-09-2005, 09:55 AM
UCONN women win Big East title - :rockon:

PS - they beat joiseys alma mater for it :cheeky:

horsesense
03-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Excellent.. How the men doing?

LoufromLItt.
03-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I take Kentucky every year, This year I won't change, Kentucky to win it all!!!

orangenblue420
03-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Excellent.. How the men doing?

Mens tourney starts tonight but Uconn doesnt play till tomorrow - they play winner of Gtown/Seton Hall

Jared
03-09-2005, 03:00 PM
UCONN women win Big East title - :rockon:

PS - they beat joiseys alma mater for it :cheeky:

And Geno coach was a **** about it, too.

YOu NEVER, EVER talk to the other players. You go to their coach and say "I have a problem with one of your players, and this is why...."

And then to tell the press "Well, its none of your damn business what I said to her..."

1) You should have said nothing.

2) Admitting you said something, but refusing to discuss it makes you look arrogant and snide.

There's a reason why Jim Calhoun is respected nationally, and Auriemma isn't. Uconn should seriously pull him aside and say "WTF are you doing?"

rcsodak
03-09-2005, 10:40 PM
And Geno coach was a **** about it, too.

YOu NEVER, EVER talk to the other players. You go to their coach and say "I have a problem with one of your players, and this is why...."

And then to tell the press "Well, its none of your damn business what I said to her..."

1) You should have said nothing.

2) Admitting you said something, but refusing to discuss it makes you look arrogant and snide.

There's a reason why Jim Calhoun is respected nationally, and Auriemma isn't. Uconn should seriously pull him aside and say "WTF are you doing?"

Well...really....why is a guy coaching women, in the first place?

Jared
03-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Well...really....why is a guy coaching women, in the first place?

What does that have anything to do with anything? Many of the women's programs are coached by men. Are you saying that men shouldn't be allowed to coach women? If I was looking to have a career in coaching, and an NCAA D-I women's position was the best offer I had, I'd take it.

He would still be an *** regardless of the gender of the team he coached.

orangenblue420
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
19 pts in the 1st half - WTF - :ugh: :mad: :sad:

orangenblue420
03-12-2005, 09:31 AM
http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/blowup.gif

BlueDevilsDB
03-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Wow, we really had to scrape together a win last night. I really like what I saw from David Mclure. First time he really got some playing time.

The way the ACC tourney has come out so far, I believe it is ours to lose. Especially since we won't have to beat Wake and NC to win it.

I think yesterday showed us a lot. Wake is garbage without Chris Paul, there is no long any justification for Indiana to get it, it could be a bumpy road for KU without Langford, UNC will have to play defense to go far, and West Virginia is serious about winning some games.