PDA

View Full Version : Will Ed play on Monday?

bronco_mom
10-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Just looking at the depth chart on db.com... Eddie is not listed as injured. Wonder if the old boy might play? Anybody know?

Mudcat
10-31-2003, 10:57 PM
Maybe 15 - 20 plays if all goes well is what i've read.

bronco_mom
10-31-2003, 11:01 PM
Hadn't read that. In good health, he's a valuable asset to the team. Sometimes, I'd swear he was a ball magnet the way he grabs them out of the air!

Mudcat
10-31-2003, 11:12 PM
I agree Ed's somthing special when he's healthy.... I just hope his best days aren't behind him. He's been my favorite player since Elway retired but I fear his days are numbered.

broncos4ever
10-31-2003, 11:16 PM
It is a game day decision. I really hope he plays, we need him if he can. He really provides us a spark and can hold on to ball if it is thrown to him.

bronco_mom
10-31-2003, 11:19 PM
I thought his days were numbered with that ghastly break! He came back to suprize us all! I fear, as you, that he might be on the downhill... not done, though!

broncos4ever
10-31-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bronco_mom
I thought his days were numbered with that ghastly break! He came back to suprize us all! I fear, as you, that he might be on the downhill... not done, though!

Yes Eddie's skills have deminished, but not his heart. He can and will if healthy teach the younger receivers some tricks and how to show integrity on the field. He is still one of the best "blocking" receivers around and hopefully some of that can rub off on Ashley.

bronco_mom
10-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by broncos4ever
Yes Eddie's skills have deminished, but not his heart. He can and will if healthy teach the younger receivers some tricks and how to show integrity on the field. He is still one of the best "blocking" receivers around and hopefully some of that can rub off on Ashley.

In an earlier post, I mentioned scratching my head about Lelie. He's not bad, but I guess I was expecting more, somehow. Ed very definitely has heart, and talent, as well. I don't remember who said it, but maybe they're just not getting the ball to Lelie... I think Ed coulda caught them all. He has a radar for the ball, and whether it's over or under thrown, he's there.

Maybe we can count on the Mouth to catch a few to put in the cradle on Monday. Heard he's out of practice with a sprained ankle.

Elway
10-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Ed has a quad injury, that has kept him out the past few weeks. He has killed the Pats in the games he has been in, so Mike is hoping Eddie can go the 15-20 plays providing he is healthy.

broncos4ever
10-31-2003, 11:45 PM
Sharpe should be back. Just a slight ankle sprain. Still the best tight end in football, inspite of his "mouth". He is a terrific team leader and you know he will always give 100% all the time.

Ashley is in his second season and to give him the benefit of the doubt he has gone through three quarterbacks... He must catch some of the long balls though to stretch the field... Even without speed Eddie had double moves that left him open and he most of the time caught the long ball if it was thrown to him.

Ashley must catch the long ball...

bronco_mom
10-31-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by broncos4ever
Sharpe should be back. Just a slight ankle sprain. Still the best tight end in football, inspite of his "mouth". He is a terrific team leader and you know he will always give 100% all the time.

Ashley is in his second season and to give him the benefit of the doubt he has gone through three quarterbacks... He must catch some of the long balls though to stretch the field... Even without speed Eddie had double moves that left him open and he most of the time caught the long ball if it was thrown to him.

Ashley must catch the long ball...

I know... I love the Mouth, too, as irritating as he is. He has been reliable thus far this season.
I hope, however, Lelie got some good practice with Kanell this week. Hope Kanell got some good practice with everyone. At least Kanell has a better reportoire with the team than did the Dolphins' new starting quarterback....

broncos4ever
11-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by bronco_mom
I know... I love the Mouth, too, as irritating as he is. He has been reliable thus far this season.
I hope, however, Lelie got some good practice with Kanell this week. Hope Kanell got some good practice with everyone. At least Kanell has a better reportoire with the team than did the Dolphins' new starting quarterback.... \

Let's see how Griese does against the Colts, then we will be able to cast judgment or heap praises...

Javalon
11-01-2003, 10:10 AM
I as understand it Eddie Mac won't even practice until warmups before the game. It'll then be a gametime decision. I just hope Ed's experience will let him play well despite the lack of practice time.

I sure hope he heals and can get another season or two in his career. He and Rod Smith were awesome when they were both healthy and ruling the field. 'Twas just a few seasons ago that they each had over 100 catches and were HUGE parts of the running game being some of the best run-blocking receivers in the league. I wish they could teach that skill the Lelie, but there's still time.

Bronco-N-KCland
11-02-2003, 02:47 AM
Speaking of Easy ED, I think that his play time is limited to both injury as well as the emergence of Ashley Lelie. The injury has hurt his rep time "snaps" in practice. With the limited practice, it has hurt both his route running and timing. The NFL has become a more timing pattern passing game and when you miss the reps in practice your timing is off. Just an observation on my part. Besides how can you not miss Ed coming over the middle and cluthing a ball out of Mid-air, taking the huge hit, hanging on and then getting up shaking his head left to right. Another note, I'm sure a certain Green Bay packer Linebacker remembers easy Ed landing a huge hit. Ahhhhhhh Vintage days.. Go Bronocos

NameUsedBefore
11-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Yeah that block was niiiice, plus he added the finger point!

I wouldn't be surprised if they called a flag for "taunting" now-a-days with all these rules that really interrupt the game and basically cancel the "Let 'em play!" atmosphere.

muse
11-02-2003, 09:50 AM
I think we could use eMac as a coach after he's retired.