PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the New England Game

broncos4ever
11-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Well, what a week!!! This week has been particularly hard for me because several of my friends were layed off at my company. We had around thirty people lose their jobs this week...

Back to the predictions...

New England is coming in full of stream having won four games in a row. They will come out strong in the first quarter and we will need to play excellent defense to stop the momentum otherwise it could be a long night. We need to have some 3 and outs for them quickly.

Broncos are playing their third string quarterback, but he is playing in Denver, where the crowd will be a big factor. We might not be as loud as we used to be in Mile High but we still are a factor in the game. Kanell did well until the fourth quarter when he through the interceptions, I look for him to get started early.
Portis has been on the radio and TV stations and has said that this game is a must win. He has said it starts with the running game. He is a determined individual and it looks like he would take the Broncos on his back if he could. In Denver I look for him to have a 100 yard game.

Rod and Shannon have also said this is an important game, so look at them to be huge contributors.

Our defense is looking for some interceptions. Kelly Herndon is one that can do it. If Deltha is playing he will also be looking to get some interceptions because that will get him out of Shanahan's dog house. (I guess that is a big if)
Gardner will start and Berry is going to be looking for more sacks.

That said my prediction for the game will be:
Broncos 30
New England - 14 or 17

broncos4ever
11-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by horseface
I'm not talking trash...but I don't think there is a chance in hell that Denver puts up 30 points in this game. That being said...I do believe they can win, but this game should be a low scoring affair by both teams. My prediction would have to be:

NE -- 13
Broncos -- 10

I just don't think Kanell can play well enough to get Denver a victory...but maybe, just maybe, the kid will show all of us "naysayers" and do enough to get the Broncos a much needed win. If so...I will be the first to eat my words that he doesn't have it in him.

I originally thought 21-24 points for the Broncos, but then I thought of the last Monday Night debacle against the Raiders. I also thought the Broncos were at home so that should give them another touchdown. I am also expecting an interception or two with run backs in that prediction.

Javalon
11-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by broncos4ever
I originally thought 21-24 points for the Broncos, but then I thought of the last Monday Night debacle against the Raiders. I also thought the Broncos were at home so that should give them another touchdown. I am also expecting an interception or two with run backs in that prediction.

Well, in the Raiders game the Broncos were mostly healthy. They're not now. And Kanell hasn't proven yet that he can get this offense scoring a lot of points.

I also wouldn't count on many interceptions since that has to be the defense's Achilles' heel. I'd be ecstatic if you were right, though.

I agree with horseface that it'll be relatively low-scoring. Both defenses are playing well and neither offense has been lighting it up lately. Being at home I'm hoping for a touchdown or two so I'm guessing around 17-13 Broncos.

mattos
11-01-2003, 10:21 AM
i'll be happy if we make it out of the game without any new injuries.
you guys are a bit more optimistic than i am. i hope you're right

jbones733
11-01-2003, 10:40 AM
Its gonna be war, but since we always seem to beat NE I'll have to say we are gonna win, I was more confident we were gonna beatthe ravens,

I actually think we can bottle up NE offense though

il go Denver 17 - Pattsies 13

RunByDesign
11-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Denver 20 N.E. 10

Clinton Portis 225 all-purpose yards
25 attempts for 150 yards rushing and 2 TD's
5 receptions for 75 yards recieving

Al Wilson 10 tackles 1 pass defense
Kelly Herndon 6 Tackles 1 int.
Trevor Pryce 6 tackles 2 sacks
Lenny Walls 8 tackles 1 pass defense
Bert Berry 3 tackles 1 sack
Danny Kanell 15-25 150 yards 0td 0int's
Mike Anderson 5 carries for 40 yards
Shannon Sharpe 3 catches for 30 yards
Rod Smith 4 catches for 20 yards
Ashley Lelie 3 catches for 15 yards

That is a decent productive prediction, eh?

chi3fs
11-01-2003, 02:54 PM
See Broncomania is dead (http://www.denverbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2942)

There is very little light at the end of the tunnel for the Donkos in this game... The Patriots are clicking and the Donkos are suckin'... the team has very little confidence right now, as it has been riddled with injuries. [actually, both teams are hurting.]

New England Patriots
Probable QB Tom Brady (arm); DT Richard Seymour (leg)

Questionable G Joe Andruzzi (shoulder); S Je'Rod Cherry (knee); TE Christian Fauria (leg); CB Ty Law (ankle/ribs); WR David Patten (knee); LB Mike Vrabel (arm)

Out LB Ted Johnson (foot); DT Ted Washington (leg)

Denver Broncos
Probable LB Keith Burns (knee); RB Reuben Droughns (shoulder); DT Daryl Gardener (wrist); QB Danny Kanell (finger); S Kenoy Kennedy (ankle); C Tom Nalen (ankle); TE Shannon Sharpe (knee)

Questionable WR Chris Cole (ankle); WR Ed McCaffrey (quadricep)

Out LB John Mobley (neck); QB Jake Plummer (foot); T Ephraim Salaam (knee)

This will be a relatively low scoring game, but bet the bank on the Patriots scoring at least 10 more points than the Donkos. Bet the bank on it.

vegasbronco
11-01-2003, 03:04 PM
I love the Broncos, but I can't see them coming out of this with a victory.

As I stated in an earlier post, they played the most uninspired game I have seen in all my life against the Ravens, it reminded me of the Rockies going through the motions just like they always do as soon as the All-Star break is done.

I am sad to say that I look for more of the same this week. Despite having the silver tounged guru (Sharpe) {Maybe he can call in the National Guard now ang get the Broncs fired up}and being at home I dont see the Broncos playing well at all.

My prediction,

New England 17

Denver 6

I truly hope I am wrong.

Javalon
11-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by chi3fs
This will be a relatively low scoring game, but bet the bank on the Patriots scoring at least 10 more points than the Donkos. Bet the bank on it.

Bet the bank? Please do. Then maybe the Broncos will win and you won't be able to afford internet acccess anymore and we'll have to do without your wonderfully inspiring posts. ;)

I assume you are just saying to "bet the bank" as a metaphor to illustrate your disdain for the Broncos.

Anyway, why is it you think the Pats are "clicking" considering their recent offensive struggles against the Browns (9 points at home), Dolphins (13 points regulation, admittedly a good defense) and Giants (17 points at home against #17 defense)? And why do you think they'll "click" against the Broncos' #2 defense in the league?

I can understand anybody's skepticism of the Broncos' offense after last week but the Pats are ranked #14 on defense and don't have Ray Lewis. And Kanell isn't coming off the flu and has had another week of practice with the starters and will be playing in front of the home crowd instead of a hostile road crowd.

Aardwolf
11-01-2003, 05:40 PM
New England 27, Denver 17

The Broncos are only going to win 2 or 3 more games this season and this isn't one of them.

Return of Lava
11-01-2003, 05:52 PM
shame on all who think the broncos will lose! broncos come out with intensity! kanell wont do anything special our yards will come after the short catch portis can run against the pats! broncos 24-13

Javalon
11-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Aardwolf

The Broncos are only going to win 2 or 3 more games this season and this isn't one of them.

We should have Jake Plummer back after the New England game; also Salaam, McCaffrey, Cole and a bevy of others should benefit greatly from the bye week . Of the Broncos 8 remaining games, 4 are against losing teams:

Home against San Diego
Home against Chicago
at Oakland
Home against Cleveland

Discounting the chance that we actually beat one of the remaining winning teams Pats, Chefs, Colts and Packers (okay, they have a losing record but I don't think they'll still have a losing record by then), do you really expect us to lose any of those games? Even though the Raiders are our rivals, they are seriously struggling and now look like they might let Gannon ride the bench for awhile even after heals up.

I can't tell who you root for but it's obvious from your avatar that you're anti-Broncos. Even many die-hard Chefs fans who post on this site give the Broncos a little more credit than do you.

Return of Lava
11-01-2003, 07:19 PM
he better ask somebody

Javalon
11-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Really? Whew, I'm glad they changed it. I just assumed from the caricature looking nature of it and from his negativity about the Broncos that he was another Chiefs or Raiders fan mocking the Broncos.

Javalon
11-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by horseface
it was definitely an awful logo...take a look at it on the original "two bar" helmet:

http://www.nflnut.com/store/media/BroncosRetro2BarMiniHelmet.jpg

Ugh. That was ugly. Thanks for the link. You're a veritable fount of resourcefulness, horseface.

broncos4ever
11-01-2003, 07:55 PM

Aardwolf,

Back from your siesta I see...

Boy, have we missed your posts, since you have been gone...

Javalon,

To bring you up to speed Aardwolf has been around the message board for a long time. He is never wrong and has many opinions. Here some of his quotes from past History on the board...

QUOTE]Originally posted by Aardwolf
I have read all of the predictions that others have posted and I am astonished at how totally unrealistic they are.

10-6? 11-5? 13-3? 16-0? 19-0? LOL!!!!!

I have a hard time visualizing this Broncos team winning any more than 8 games and that is highly unlikely.

The Bronco's defensive backfield is, quite simply, PATHETIC!!!! They are not going to be able to stop anybody with the mediocre personel on the roster.

My prediction for the 2003 Denver Broncos? 7-9 [/QUOTE]

QUOTE]Originally posted by Aardwolf
Just in case you are wondering how I figure the Broncos record will be 7-9 in 2003, this is how I see it playing out.

@Cincinnati W
@San Diego W
Oakland L
Detroit W
@Kansas City L
Pittsburgh L
@Minnesota L
@Baltimore L
New England W
BYE
San Diego W
Chicago W
@Oakland L
Kansas City W
Cleveland L
@Indianapolis L
@Green Bay L [/QUOTE]

Perhaps I just have a better understanding of the NFL than most of the others on this BB.

I have hit the Bronco's record right on the nose for the last two seasons. Think about that and think about what YOUR prediction was for the Bronco's record the previous two seasons in comparison to the actual result.

I have much more "faith" in my powers of observation than I have in "faith" in unrealistic expectations, such as an expectation of a 2003 Bronco record of 11-5. I am far too honest with myself to be fooled into believing anything so unrealistic.

Actually, I think the opposite is true. I am a much better Bronco fan because I don't let them fool me into expecting them to be a good team when I can plainly see that they are not.

A good fan holds those in positions of responsibility accountable for their failures and (Let's Be Honest With Ourselves) Shanahan has failed miserably in his responsibility to assemble a quality team.

Absolute best case scenario 9-7

Worst case scenario 5-11

Most likely record 7-9

Aardwolf,

I don't know why you are picking Denver to lose to New England when at the first of the season, you picked them to win...

@Cincinnati W
@San Diego W
Oakland L
Detroit W
@Kansas City L
Pittsburgh L
@Minnesota L
@Baltimore L
New England W

Of course you did pick Denver to lose to Oakland and Pittsburgh also.

Javalon
11-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Aardwolf,

Back from your siesta I see...

Boy, have we missed your posts, since you have been gone...

Javalon,

To bring you up to speed Aardwolf has been around the message board for a long time. He is never wrong and has many opinions.

So, this guy is a Broncos fan?! Whoa, did Shanny run over Aardwolf's mom or something? I don't like being at odds with my fellow Broncos fans but he sure seems bitter, although he calls it being realistic.

Is it possible he's a Chefs fan pretending to be a Broncos fan in some insidious attempt to create strife in the Broncos forum? I don't mean that to be insulting, I'm seriously wondering...

broncos4ever
11-01-2003, 08:37 PM
He claims to be older than all of us and been a Bronco fan longer than most of us...

NameUsedBefore
11-01-2003, 08:59 PM
From since I've been scanning these boards for about a year (never really joined till now) Aardwolf is an utter stat freak. In all his arguments he puts up stats. Don't even attempt to prove him wrong cause he'll just make you read through a War and Peace of stats.

NameUsedBefore
11-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Oh and I think that logo is for when they were called the Denver Buckys.

I think...

broncos4ever
11-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
From since I've been scanning these boards for about a year (never really joined till now) Aardwolf is an utter stat freak. In all his arguments he puts up stats. Don't even attempt to prove him wrong cause he'll just make you read through a War and Peace of stats.

That's true. You ought to read the discussion Aardwolf had with Jared. It was quite interesting...

mattos
11-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
Don't even attempt to prove him wrong cause he'll just make you read through a War and Peace of stats.

haha

Jared
11-03-2003, 07:49 AM
That's true. You ought to read the discussion Aardwolf had with Jared. It was quite interesting...

and still wrong

broncos4ever
11-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Jared
and still wrong

Jared,

Who was wrong??? What is still wrong???

Jared
11-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Jared,

Who was wrong??? What is still wrong???

For me to have that overblown discussion.

broncos4ever
11-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Jared
For me to have that overblown discussion.

Jared,

I respect that. I have read the discussion and it was interesting. I would agree it was "overblown". I also respect you. Thanks for your insite.

Jared
11-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Jared,

I respect that. I have read the discussion and it was interesting. I would agree it was "overblown". I also respect you. Thanks for your insite.

Your welcome. I try to own up when I screw up.

blue1014
11-03-2003, 02:55 PM
As bad as Cleveland may look they actually have the top rated pass defense. This same defense that the Pats only scored 9 pts against is the same one that held the Colts to 9 pts opening week. So I wouldn't say that the Pats did all that bad against the Browns.

Also the Pats haven't allowed a single +100 rusher this season and have held teams for under 100 total rushing yards in 3 games.

This is not the same Pats team that the Broncos faced last year or any year before. This is a Pats team that is on a winning streak that includes victories over the Titans and Miami in Miami, which was something the Pats have failed to do in the 13 previous trips down there in Sept & Oct. And they have done it with the loss of guys like Colvin, Washington, Johnson, Vrabel on D and their WRs and RBS on the injury merry-go-round, as well as a QB that has been playing injured all season.

The Pats are 4th in the league in interceptions. They also have 2 rookie DBs that are the only rookies in the league to have multiple picks. The Pats also lead the NFL with players (4) who have mulitiple interceptions. On the other side, Brady hasn't thrown an interception in the last 4 games.

I think this is a very scary team to be facing at this point.

AsianOrange
11-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Broncos 28
Patriots 24

Game won by a late Kenoy Kennedy interception!

lilmac
11-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Will be a close one, who ever dominates the running game will win. Denver 24, Pats 28...

AsianOrange
11-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Man....running game...

Denver ****
New England *

New England has NO running game...who the heck runs for that team?!? dangerous Mike Cloud? Oh puleeze.

Oops....got in one of them fan-mode again.

Javalon
11-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by CrazyAsian
Man....running game...

Denver ****
New England *

New England has NO running game...who the heck runs for that team?!? dangerous Mike Cloud? Oh puleeze.

Oops....got in one of them fan-mode again.

You realize that by disrespecting the Pats running game you've just assured them 200 yards on ground, don't you? ;)

Jared
11-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
You realize that by disrespecting the Pats running game you've just assured them 200 yards on ground, don't you? ;)

HAHAHAHA

Karma.