PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to a game?

dandaman23
11-02-2003, 04:14 PM
How many people here have been to any professional sports game? My first game that I was at was a terrible expierence. My first NFL game was the Bronco-Raider Monday Night Football game when they killed us 34-10. Then the very next week I went to the Seahawk-Bronco game which we won 31-9. Then this year I went to a Rockie-Tigers game in June then just 3 weeks ago I went to Washington Huskies and Nevada and then Seattle Seahawks and the 49ers.

Javalon
11-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by dandaman23
How many people here have been to any professional sports game? My first game that I was at was a terrible expierence. My first NFL game was the Bronco-Raider Monday Night Football game when they killed us 34-10. Then the very next week I went to the Seahawk-Bronco game which we won 31-9. Then this year I went to a Rockie-Tigers game in June then just 3 weeks ago I went to Washington Huskies and Nevada and then Seattle Seahawks and the 49ers.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with your first game. I've been extremely lucky so far. I've been to 7 Broncos games (and if I still lived in Colorado I'd go to more) and they've won every game. In fact, I've never been to a professional game where the team I was cheering for lost. That includes 6 NBA games and 5 or 6 MLB games. I've never been to an NHL game but I hear they're fun.

Football is my favorite sport but those games are also the most expensive on average, otherwise I'd attend more often.

Mr.Man
11-02-2003, 05:24 PM
ya, sucks when your team loses at your very first game.
i don't live in Colorado so i have never been to any of their games.
because i live in California,. but, i have seen the Rockies play the Giants a few times, prettyt fun. i would have to say that i am lucky to because i have ben to 3 football games, (2 raider, 1 ninner) about like 15 baseball games (A's and Giants) and 1 basketball game (warriors0 and i1 hockey game (sharks). and 1 college footbal game(CAL). And i am not a very big hockey fan and i don't really follow it, but their games are pretty fun..and cold.

jbones733
11-02-2003, 10:55 PM
I live in NY and have been to 2 Bronco games. My first one ever was back on opening day in like 94-95 vs the jets. It was Glyn Milburn's debut and he ran 2 punts back for td's ( i think that was the last time we ran a punt back -looks at deltha) anyway that was a good game

i unfornuatley went last year vs the jets also, when Griese decided to thro the ball to jon McGraw & pretty much seal the deal on our season

Jared
11-03-2003, 08:02 AM
Have only been to one Broncos game

1991 or 1992 (I had this discussion on another thread)m whatever season the Broncos went 5-11, I saw them at the Vet in Philly.

I have seen the Steelers 3 times (all last year, against the Browns, the Panthers, and that crazy Atlanta game last season)

The Eagles at home against the Chiefs way back in 1990 or something, and on the road in Phoenix twice.

Cleveland at home against Baltimore 2 years ago.

Buffalo at home against NE 3 years ago

Washington at home against the Giants 1993 or 1994. I know I was in college, just can't remember the year.

Thinking about the San Diego - Raiders game here 12/28, just to heckle the Raiders....always fun.....plus, as you can see, I like to hit at least one NFL game a season, the last few years. I try to anyway.

For anyone who cares, I have seen more baseball games at the Vet and Shea than I can count, been to Yankee Stadium once (against Baltimore in 1983), the hall of fame game once (I LOVE the baseball hall of fame), Camden Yards once, PNC once, Jacobs Field once, and more AAA Scranton-Wilkes Barre games than any other team out there.

Went to the Boston Garden before they tore it down to see Philly play against the Bruins (when they both stunk, but its always fun to put up with drunk Boston fans), and the Spectrum or First Union Center in Philly to see countless Flyers, Sixers, Big 5, and NCAA basketball tourney games and concerts.

I am somewhat of a sports nut.

(Sidebar: I consider myself blessed to have been the legendary Duke-Kentucky NCAA regional playoff game that ended with that Christian Laettner shot. I still get chills thinking about that. The most excting and well played athletic contest I have ever seen. It was something special for sure.)

Almost Heaven
11-03-2003, 08:08 AM
I'm from West Virginia so it's hard to catch their games but i did get to see them play the bengals the year after elway retired. Cincy was 0 and 8 a beat the **** out of us; however, i did witness corey dillon break the nfl rushing record! Oh well maybe i can catch a game again with better results.

DiscoStu
11-03-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm from Canada and have never been to an NFL game. I was supposed to go and watch the Chiefs vs Vikings game this year but it's too close to Christmas. Next year I may take the 16 hour drive down to Kansas City and watch the Chiefs play the Broncos. That would be the ultimate for me. I could die a happy person after that. Well, only if the Chiefs won. If Denver won then I'd have to drive back when they play someone like Oakland and I can be assured of a win.

AsianOrange
11-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Well...I'm from a small dinky city that people pass thru on I-40.....

So nobody cares about this town.

I've been to a texas Rangers game and that's about it....oh, and Wrestlemania....but that's consider lame to some folks.

I would love to go to a broncos game this year...wanna go Broncos4Ever?

Aardwolf
11-03-2003, 03:55 PM
I have been to many professional sporting events over the years and have been fortunate in that some of them were quite memorable.

The very first was a Green Bay Packers - Baltimore Colts game in 1959 at Milwaukee County Stadium when I was a mere 8 year old. The Colts were defending NFL Champs and repeated in '59. I was fortunate enough (although my feet don't always agree) to have attended the 1967 NFL Championship game (aka the "Ice Bowl") at Lambeau Field with my late Uncle Bob and his brother, Roddy.

Other NFL games I have been to were Bear's games, one each at Wrigley Field and Solder Field and several Broncos games at Mile High Stadium when I lived in Denver.

There was no MLB when I lived in Denver but I attended many Milwaukee Braves games at Milwaukee County Stadium including two of note. One was Warren Spahn's 300th win and the other was the game that Willie Mays hit 4 home runs. The later was the most amazing individual performance I have ever witnessed.

I have been to Cubs games at Wrigley Field (one this season) and Sox games at both the old and new Comiskey Park.

I also have been to many Milwaukee Brewers games at both County Stadium and the new Miller Park (one this season). I also was fortunate to have gone to all seven games of the 1982 World Series.

I also have been to many NBA games, Milwaukee Bucks games in Milwaukee, Chicago Bulls games in Chicago (at the old Chicago Stadium) and the Nuggets at McNichols. Once I went to a Bucks game in Milwaukee vs Cleveland with some of my frat brothers and one of them went to high school (Racine St. Catherine) with Jim Chones so we went down at half time and met Chones and Kareem Abdul Jabaar. (I also met Oscar Robertson at a Milwaukee night club, Teddy's).

I have only been to one NHL game but it was rather memorable. My ex went into labor during the game (at Cobo).

Jared
11-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Aardwolf

I have only been to one NHL game but it was rather memorable. My ex went into labor during the game (at Cobo).

That's one hell of hockey game!

:-)

Aardwolf
11-03-2003, 04:13 PM
I noticed some of us have mentioned college games as well. When I was in my early teens I went to every Carroll College home football game for several years but they are just a small school in Waukesha. I just lived nearby.

I have been to a few University of Wisconsin games at Camp Randall.

In the '70's I religiously (pun not really intended) attended Marquette University home basketball games when Al McGuire was HC. They won the NCAA national championship the last season before I moved to Denver.

thesaint
11-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Ive been to many Broncos, Nuggets, Avs, and Rockies games. Ive also been to games in Gainesville and Athens. Ive seen CU, CSU and Air Force too many times to count as well. I saw a Bucs game at the old Sombrero, and Ive seen a number of college basketball games. UF, USF, Washington, Purdue, Vanderbilt, and Kansas to name a few...

Aardwolf
11-04-2003, 06:40 PM
This could be a good thread. Hate to see it get buried!

broncofan76
11-04-2003, 06:50 PM
first bronco game i went to was the mnf game last year against the raiders as well. since i live in the la area, i go to laker, kings and angel games a lot. but if i lived in CO, i would have season tickets for sure.

BroncoCy
11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
My first ever NFL game was 2 years ago against the Redskins. Quite possibly the worst.nfl.game.evar. I think the final was 14-10 Washington. I have been to several different baseball venues(Wrigley, Comisky, Miller Park, Metrodump, Kauffman(KC), Coors, ProPlayer, and Turner Field). I've been to one NHL game(Minnesota NorthStars), and one NBA game(T-Wolves) which I about fell asleep at. Now...if you want to talk college venues(football and bball) thats a different story. I could go on forever there.

jubei
11-04-2003, 07:27 PM
The only game I've been to was the Broncs-Chargers game at Mile High where Junior "the Thug" Seau came in on a late hit and laid out Elway about three plays into the damn game. So much for seeing my idol play a whole game in person. At least Bubby came in and got it done and they went on to a championship. Even the 10 hour drive was still worth it. The fans at Mile High were awesome too.

BroncosFanInPA
11-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by booher
i've been to 2 broncos games first they lost in the playoffs at baltimore ........horrible experience......and second this year week 1 in cinci i had a great time at that one Hey i was at the game in cincinnati too maybe i saw you well i had a great time as it was my 1st broncos game but i was at 1 previous game a few years back, a steeler game

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 09:55 PM
I've been to see the Rockies, Nuggets, Broncos, and Avs. The last Bronco game I went to was against Indy last year. It was freezing cold and I went with a friend of mine. In the 4th quarter, she wanted to leave. I didn't want to force her into staying, so we left. As we walked back to my car, I heard the crowd in an uproar. From that, I just knew something bad had happened. I learned from the radio on the way home that Indy ended up tying it and taking it to OT. Indy went on to win.