PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night game

Pres. Al Wilson
11-03-2003, 09:35 PM
GO Deltha!!!
Watch out K.C. you're not the only team that can run the ball back!!! lol

Mer
11-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Lots of teams have done it this year silly.

Pres. Al Wilson
11-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Of course.
I'm just having a lil fun with the K.C. crashers on the board.

DRU
11-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Heh...I think we Chiefs fans must have just been taking for granted the excitement that comes with a TD return on a kick. Just part of the game here in KC.

You guys are lookin good tonight. Hold on tough...I'd still honestly rather see us have to fight you guys to the end instead of not worrying all the way into the playoffs and then playing like crap.

Good luck tonight and the rest of the season...except of course for 12/7. :)

DRU
11-03-2003, 10:04 PM
One block in the back...10 other guys to make a tacke...and 8 min left to score...and you just can't get over it? I thought you guys thought more of your team than to blame that...and Dante's success...on the refs. Give it a break already. I was trying to wish ya luck...but nevermind. GO PATS!!

Pres. Al Wilson
11-03-2003, 10:08 PM
I am official going to bury the hatchett on the clip no-call. I thought your post was classy Dru.

Mer
11-03-2003, 10:09 PM
So some Broncos missed Dante. The block in the back shouldn't have even mattered. You let a guy run backwards into his own end zone from the 10, and it's not a ref problem. It's a Bronco problem.

There was 4-5 missed blocks from the Pats that gave Deltha the opening to tear butt downfield.

Can't play perfect every time.

DRU
11-03-2003, 10:12 PM
glad to hear from the bronco 'football fans.' And I am still cherring for Bronx tonight...I got money riden on em. :)

DRU
11-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Booher: take a look at the clip...watch it closely...there was one block in the back...the other guys were not pushed the way it looks...and even if you say that there were still 10 other unblocked...unclipped Bronx to make the tackle...and didn't get it done. It's a big play that happens in a lot of games and that's just the way things go.

You can download the clip at a site I provide for us Chiefs fans: http://angelleye.no-ip.com/chiefs/website/

For real...download it...watch it close...and then if you can honestly tell me you see more than one actual clip...well...i just dont know then.

By the way...great play on that punt just now. Bronx did a hell of a job keeping that out of the EZ for the touchback. I love to see stuff like that!

thesith2001
11-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Late in 4th quarter, Broncos lead Patroits. So far so good. 2:41 left in game Broncs up by 3.

Go put them away Broncos, you need the win! GET IT! FINISH IT!

Pres. Al Wilson
11-03-2003, 10:27 PM
its a tight one ...

ozzy_osbourne
11-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Stupid Shanny lets Danny (am I still in the AFL?) Kannell throw the ball...

Pres. Al Wilson
11-03-2003, 10:28 PM
We need an INT right here ...

Mr. CSU
11-03-2003, 10:33 PM
THIS IS A JOKE

Pres. Al Wilson
11-03-2003, 10:33 PM
How the hell do you let them score 7?!!!!!!!

vegasbronco
11-03-2003, 10:35 PM
What a shock,
Deltha blows the game for the Broncos.

He is a moron, he should be dumped.

The season is over, just as I thought.

I still love my Broncos, but Deltha should be dumped, Shanny should be fired, he made about 10 bad decisions.

Broncs play 1/2 of a game, then fall apart.

brnxfnRJH
11-03-2003, 10:38 PM
why do we always break down in the 4th?

Interpol
11-03-2003, 10:38 PM
All we had to do was run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run.

And the freaking idiot decides to pass.

thesith2001
11-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Damn it! 30 seconds left and patroits score. That sucks big time.
30 damn seconds, penelty Broncos. SCORE SCORE GO GO GO!
Interception Patroits. Patroits win now 7-2 Broncos 5-4. This does not look good for the Broncos, they needed that win. 30-26 New England.
Well, you can still make the playoffs,bye next week. Hurry up and get well, Jake.

At least the Broncs are better than Oakland and my San Diego Chargers.
Get hot in 2nd half of season;playoffs are not out of sight yet. Hang in there.!

ozzy_osbourne
11-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by brnxfnRJH
why do we always break down in the 4th?

Shanny thinks Kanell can throw in the Not For Long league, go with Portis he is your bread and butter...

Orange&Blue
11-03-2003, 10:41 PM
I hate our pass D, at least for the next few days.

ozzy_osbourne
Why not keep feeding Portis??

Mr. CSU
Dont you remember?

csumatt03
11-03-2003, 10:43 PM
This guy can't cover anything.

mattos
ugh
in my estimation, this one sits on the secondary and the play calling: "3-5? need to run down the clock? i've got it, lets throw it!"
we got plenty of breaks though (they got some too, but i think we got more) and if we had won i wouldn't be bragging out it.
congrats pats, you earned it in the air.
now i go to an unhappy sleep

Pres. Al Wilson
yeah ... deja vu of last season
We should probably come up with some kind of catchy "curse" now ... isn't that what every sports team has these days? lol

thesith2001
Originally posted by Pres. Al Wilson

HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET THEM SCORE 7?!!!!!!! [/B] Crap, I have no idea! Damn it. No don't fire Shanny, he's agreat coach all the QBs are hurt, which means Broncos should bring in a vet QB like Neil O'Donnell to take over until Jake returns.

Does anyone agree?

SlaggBot
broncos secondary cost us this game!! Absolutely frickin PA - THE - TIC! They let the Pat's catch every damn ball they wanted. They looked like a bunch of monkey's out there.

I am so tired of having great season fall apart due to these wimpy quarterbacks.

LOVE LIVE JOHN ELWAY!! The only Broncos quarterback that got it done for us.

hacarlson
11-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Woody Paige couldn't have been more wrong once again! Here's hoping for better results next year.

ozzy_osbourne
11-03-2003, 10:44 PM
I have had it with this staff, now they are going to blame injuries... it is the play calling...

Mer
11-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Kanell didn't do that bad tonight.

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Why cant Shanahan coach a whole game instead of 3 and half quarters? This game looked just like two primetime losses last year. Dolphins and Colts. By the way you have Clinton Portis in the backfield.

Pres. Al Wilson
11-03-2003, 10:47 PM
yeah ... like i said ... our secondary tonight looked like swiss cheese. I still think Shannie takes the most of the blame. There are a TON of talented players on this team but they just can't seem to get it done.

Maverick
11-03-2003, 10:48 PM
no, kanell did great! Blame always goes straight to the QB. dont do that.

our D did OUTSTANDING!!! except for that final stand, we didnt pull through.

Elam being hurt cost us the game.

invisogothworld
11-03-2003, 10:49 PM
What the heck is wrong? Besides Kanell being mediocre I swear our defense was giving up big plays left and right. Never thought I would say this but we did not pass enough. Special teams(grade F) gave us crappy field position and gave the Pats good field position. Defense (grade F) gave up big plays all day and lost the game. Offense(grade C) wasnt great and wasnt bad either. I want Plummer back now.

csumatt03
he is such a joke. Why is he even in the NFL?

mattos
Originally posted by Maverick
our D did OUTSTANDING!!!

????
running d yes
passing d? i think the stats speak for themselves, but the middle was open all night.

SlaggBot
No, Kanell wasn't that bad, I dont blame him, after all, he is 3rd string and you cant expect much. Every damn time Brady had the ball, I expected them to throw down the field and complete passes. I had ZERO faith in our secondary stopping the pass, and I proved myself right.

I feel right now about our secondary, like I did when Darion Gordon was our CB and every ball that went to his guy was caught. I am so pissed right now, I can't even describe it.

Another wasted year due to yet ANOTHER quarterback injury. GETTING OLD, the story is getting really old, really fast!!

K'Noy_Kills
11-03-2003, 10:50 PM
What us up is when Deltha decided not to catch the ball after the safety. I've had it.

Anybody want an autographed denver bronco football and tshirt I'll send it to your FOR FREE. I don't want to look at a damn horse.

Maverick
11-03-2003, 10:52 PM
I guess Im just used to our secondary sucking. HA

JED Bronco
11-03-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Maverick
no, kanell did great! Blame always goes straight to the QB. dont do that.

our D did OUTSTANDING!!! except for that final stand, we didnt pull through.

Elam being hurt cost us the game.

What game were you watching???? The Dline did well thats the most anyone can say...OUSTANDING my A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick
11-03-2003, 10:54 PM
you guys are really really pessimistic

Pres. Al Wilson
11-03-2003, 10:56 PM
yes the middle was wide open like a freeway for T.Brady...
Swiss cheese i tell ya

JED Bronco
Originally posted by SlaggBot
No, Kanell wasn't that bad, I dont blame him, after all, he is 3rd string and you cant expect much. Every damn time Brady had the ball, I expected them to throw down the field and complete passes. I had ZERO faith in our secondary stopping the pass, and I proved myself right.

I feel right now about our secondary, like I did when Darion Gordon was our CB and every ball that went to his guy was caught. I am so pissed right now, I can't even describe it.

Another wasted year due to yet ANOTHER quarterback injury. GETTING OLD, the story is getting really old, really fast!!

To Shay!!!!!!!!!!

And Jake can't fix all the screw ups I saw!!! It was enough to make Sharpe say this is it for me ...this year is it!!!

chickennob2
Another D@man season with a great start, down the drain. Start out undefeated. One big divisional loss and FLUSH! there goes our season (Raiders last Year, KC this) Last year the Woodson Int returned for a touchdown, this year the Hall return for a TD. @ years, 2 plays turn aroud the entire season

Biggestfan
11-03-2003, 10:57 PM
It wasn't the QBs it was our defense - From their first to their last - coverage sucked! Our DBs only play 95% of the time they don't understand 100% Commitment. Yes, there goes our season, and we deserve it.

Gridiron Guru
11-03-2003, 10:59 PM
Clintonn Portis is a great third down back. He can't breack anything but an arm tackle and he killss drives looking for an exit. Mike's ego iss costing the team wins. Mike Anderson should be the starting back with Portis as thhe change of pace third down back.

Shawnalea10
11-03-2003, 11:04 PM
O'Neal is a joke. He is such an inconsistent player. It is absolutely rediculous that Shanahan keeps him. Get rid of him.

justinfischer
11-03-2003, 11:05 PM
Linebacker #57 is the dip that blew the game. He was horrible. His zone drops were pathetic and it was his man that ran for 30 yards on that screen to Faulk. He should be axed. NO HEART!!!

Jared
11-03-2003, 11:06 PM
It took me 15 minutes just to log on.

You guys and gals are definitely in a foul mood.

I can't even keep up with everything.

So much reactionary stuff that will probably just have to let it slide, or else I will be up till 3 am.

Remember, its a football game. The Broncos Lost. It is not the end of the world, so please don't go crazy flaming people. Even the trolls.

vent all you want though, better here than doing something rash out in the real world.

csumatt03
11-03-2003, 11:08 PM
O'Neal, no brains.

bartwart
11-03-2003, 11:08 PM
He's complaining about his mouth piece?? He should be on the side lines pumping up his team. No heart.

csumatt03
11-03-2003, 11:09 PM
He must make too much money.

O'Neal sucks.

ozzy_osbourne
11-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by bartwart
He's complaining about his mouth piece?? He should be on the side lines pumping up his team. No heart.

No heart? He is our leader on the defense, he plays his heart out each and every game...

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:11 PM
The league needs to stop putting Denver on prime time. Anybody agree. Its heartbreak everytime lately.

Javalon
11-03-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Timmy87
The league needs to stop putting Denver on prime time. Anybody agree. Its heartbreak everytime lately.

The last one was nice. They killed the Faiders. But that seems a long time ago now.

Douglas
11-03-2003, 11:12 PM
I shriek everytime I see a Monday night game on our schedule because I know we will lose. And it's usually some dumb-@ss play called in by Shanahan. My eight year old son knew they should'nt pass on third down.

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:13 PM
I was at that game, I think it was the last good game they played.

okcbroncofan
11-03-2003, 11:15 PM
I agree for the most part, I tell everyone if the Broncos are playing on Monday night they will lose. I say "for the most part" because they kicked the Raider's ass on their last Monday night game.

Orange&Blue
11-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
The last one was nice. They killed the Faiders. But that seems a long time ago now.

Yeah. Back in those days, we could hang with anybody in this league. It's kind of sad to have to reminisce this early in the season.

Javalon
11-03-2003, 11:22 PM
To any of you Patriots fans who are NOT rubbing it in our faces (e.g. pattastic = gloating ass) I would like to say congrats.

It was a great game even if heartbreaking from a Broncos' fan standpoint. You guys have a great team and Tom Brady is a clutch QB. That intentional safety call by your coach was really smart.

I wish you well but I hope the Broncos somehow make the playoffs and play you again and kick your butts. :D

Ciao!

up in d'broncs
11-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Why didn't Sharpe have 6 plus receptions? From what I saw he was open a whole lot! Maybe it was the blinders Danny had on!

If I'm looking at my choices: Smith, Lelie, Cole or Sharpe I'm going with the Hall of Fame guy as much as I can.

Fat Joe
11-03-2003, 11:23 PM
There the luckiest team in football. They got lucky cause we screwed up, not because they did anything spectacular.

Javalon
11-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Fat Joe
There the luckiest team in football. They got lucky cause we screwed up, not because they did anything spectacular.

I disagree. Good teams make their own luck. Their offense schooled our defense in the second half. Their defense shut out our offense in the second half. That's a good team.

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Because why go to the sure hands of Smith and Sharpe, when you can throw a perfect pass to the sideline that is dropped by lelie, Ha Ha

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Primetime equals a loss

JED Bronco
11-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Danny threw over the open reciever to Rod in double coverage.

We had guys open just like they did but Jake wasn't there to get the ball to them!!!

elwaymvp
11-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Fat Joe

I wouldn't exactly call 350 passing yards luck...

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:28 PM
I agree that plummer would have made more plays, but lelie has got to catch that ball on 3rd down it was right there. But it wouldnt have been an issue with plummer in

elwaymvp
11-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by horseface
whoa...whoa...whoa...I thought the CHIEFS were the luckiest team in football. Don't take that title from us yet. We haven't come close to earning it yet...(sarcasm intended)

Don't worry, horseface. Most of us Bronco fans still give the Chiefs that title.

ozzy_osbourne
11-03-2003, 11:32 PM
The barrell man is still alive... he will return next season maybe then our team will not su*k

chickennob2
11-03-2003, 11:33 PM
once again, it all comes back to injuries. If Plummer was there; If Elam could kick; If Ed was there; the list never ends

SoCalBroncosFan
11-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Anyone tired of seeing Jake the Snake walk around on the sideline smiling?

As I recall, Brett Favre played with a broken hand last night and led his team to a much needed win.

Yet, our 1st string quarterback, in our must win game, is walking around the sidelines, smiling, and giving interviews to Monday Night Football.

Come on Jake. At least help us think that you couldn't have played tonight?

JED Bronco
11-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Barrel man for MVP!!!

DieHard
11-03-2003, 11:38 PM
Why didnt we run it to cloe out the game? 3rd and 3 no run?

SoCalBroncosFan
11-03-2003, 11:46 PM
While everyone wants to discuss Deltha Oneal or Danny Kanell, what about Larry Coyer.

He did not blitz at all tonight. NOT EVEN ONCE and Tom Brady picked our weakness (our secondary) apart for 350 yards.

Are the Broncos Coaches watching the same game we are?

6180lcdr
11-03-2003, 11:48 PM
I always said, he's more worm than snake.

bartwart
11-03-2003, 11:49 PM
...so give him the ball on third down.

SoCalBroncosFan
11-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Mike Shannahan is paid $4 Million a year to make the calls he did tonight?

Who holds him accountable?

Mike,
Why don't you take a pay cut to $3.8 million and hire a situational coordinator for $200,000 a year. This coaches sole job could be to help you understand the situational decisions in a game like RUNNING THE BALL ON 3RD AND 3 ON THEIR 33 YARD LINE WITH THE LEAD.

Return of Lava
11-03-2003, 11:59 PM
What goes aroud comes around for all you "other" fans keep laughin till you burn some calories! Pats forgot what their record was when they won the superbowl!!

BroncoCy
11-04-2003, 12:05 AM
Who can we look into in the off season to fill in here? We are soooo damn weak here! Woodson anyone?

BroncoCy
11-04-2003, 12:07 AM
just dont fumble CP

SoCalBroncosFan
11-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Check out this direct quote from Bowlen on Mike Shannahan (from the NFL Magazine). I think they are both high.....

Ive learned over the years that if I really want to have strong opinions on football and the way we play the game, I had better be prepared to really get involved in watching film and doing all of the things that coaches do, Bowlen says. I had a short span of time when Wade Phillips was our coach where I thought I could get more involved with football operations. That gave me a pretty good idea of what I was and was not capable of doing. Thats why we have a guy like Mike running football operations. Hes done that since he was a young guy. Its very difficult for me to imagine that I could get to the level where he is at.

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 12:15 AM
We may be the clowns now but a lot can happen in November/December.

JED Bronco
11-04-2003, 12:31 AM
A good point it is!

SoCalBroncosFan
11-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Bowlen will not hold Shanny accountable. And so this type of crap will continue.

JED Bronco
11-04-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by SoCalBroncosFan
Bowlen will not hold Shanny accountable. And so this type of crap will continue.

Yes, unfortunately it will.

Coaches like Shanny need veteren players to lead for them
(J Elway)... we are too young right now...too green. When Sharpe leaves it will be sad for the team.

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 12:40 AM
Just wondering what you think. He does have FG kicking experience. Look at this quote from Knorr's bio:

Originally posted at http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=498&contentID=727
COLLEGE: As a senior at Utah State in 1996, Knorr earned second-team All-Big West honors after connecting on 12-of-21 field goals and 36-of-47 extra points to lead the Aggies in scoring with 72 points. He finished his collegiate career with a school record 39 field goals made. As a junior, he earned first-team All-Big West honors after tying for the league lead in field goals, connecting on 12-of-19 with four of the misses coming from beyond 50 yards. He also finished second on the team in scoring with 61 points. He led Utah State as a sophomore with 63 points on 15-of-20 field goals and 18-of-18 PATs while averaging 37.3 yards on 10 punts and posting 14 touchbacks on kickoffs. Knorr saw action in 11 games as a true freshman in 1993, averaging 38.6 yards on 33 punts.

elwaymvp
11-04-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Just wondering what you think. He does have FG kicking experience. Look at this quote from Knorr's bio:

Hmmm...interesting. I feel a bit safer now, though I am still a bit concerned that he doesn't have any experience in the NFL. Everyone has to start sometime, though...

Thanks for sharing that.

Javalon
11-04-2003, 12:42 AM

I don't know. Does he even practice field goals? If he does, I have no idea if he's any good or not. Only the coaches know.

Hopefully Elam will be fine after the bye week.

JED Bronco
11-04-2003, 12:43 AM
Every team knows what we have now is beatable. Is there a bullseye on Jake??

elwaymvp
11-04-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by JED Bronco
Every team knows what we have now is beatable. Is there a bullseye on Jake??

The rest of the NFL watched us go 4-0 in the games before Jake's injury. With Danny K., they knew that we were probably going to run, but with Plummer we can mix it up a lot more. However, if they think Plummer is still weak, they might have his number...

Mudcat
11-04-2003, 12:49 AM

No.... The coaches must know his range.... 45 yards is no chip shot and if he misses they get the ball from where he kicks. But, why not go for it on fourth down?

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Javalon
I don't know. Does he even practice field goals? If he does, I have no idea if he's any good or not. Only the coaches know.

Hopefully Elam will be fine after the bye week.

I'm not sure if he practices them. A field goal from the Pat 35 would have been what, a 53 yarder? I guess that's still pretty far. 20/20 hindsight. Oh well.

Jared
11-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by csumatt03
O'Neal, no brains.

umm....now I am no brains?

And what hippie talk? I said vent away, just don't get suckered into a flame war.

Mr. CSU
11-04-2003, 01:44 AM
I still have hope in this team. With a healthy Plummer they should be 7-4 when they play the chiefs. The chiefs at home will be the last chance they have I believe.

Anyways I hope they find a way to get Antonio Perkins or STrait. Both are cover corners, perkins can return kicks. STrait has returned before and done well.

What do you all think?

RunByDesign
11-04-2003, 03:46 AM
I watched Knorr a Utah State and I feel Shanny passed on a very makeable fieldgoal...Just my opinion....

chi3fs
11-04-2003, 04:58 AM
During MNF... Al Michaels had to read their intros... because "The OLine isnt allowed to do these kind of things."

Whats up with that?

Woody
11-04-2003, 05:11 AM
Its not that they arent allowed, thats never been said. They choose as a unit not to do it. They refuse to talk or have anything to do with any kind of media. Kinda stupid I think, but why change something thats worked for so long? Well, until this year, when KC has the better Oline than Denver.

AFCWestBest
11-04-2003, 05:53 AM
They probably feel so guilty that they are constantly holding and never get the flag ! Nice conspiracy Shanahan has......brag so much about your line the refs think "it must be right".

thesaint
11-04-2003, 06:13 AM
I would have rather seen us play those situations as 4 down territory. The one punt was a net of about 20 yards. The Pats pass offense was picking that up in one play anyways...

Broncs Bomber
11-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Give Tom Brady credit, he definitely knows how to manage his time efficiently. While he was standing in the backfield waiting for his receivers to get open, he took the extra time to write out his Christmas cards, thumb through the Home Depot catalog & pick out new carpeting for his den, pay his bills, and read the last 300 pages of the novel he's been meaning to finish.

Good thing we have a bye this week. Our defensive line is still chasing the Pats team bus back to New England and maybe they'll finally get to Brady by the time they reach Pennsylvania.

thesaint
11-04-2003, 06:38 AM
What do you want Jake to do? Stand there grimacing in pain the entire game? :cheeky:

Broncs Bomber
11-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Gridiron Guru
Clintonn Portis is a great third down back. He can't breack anything but an arm tackle and he killss drives looking for an exit. Mike's ego iss costing the team wins. Mike Anderson should be the starting back with Portis as thhe change of pace third down back.

Portis is an outstanding RB, and is not Dave Meggett. I cannot imagine why in the last few minutes of the game that Shanny opted to allow Danny Kanell to pass the ball. He is horrible, and the Broncos running game was moving the chains all through the first 12 minutes of the 4th quarter. Then you start passing when you actually NEED to run the clock out in the last 3 mins? Still can't understand it.

nella
11-04-2003, 07:05 AM
I must say that watching the Broncos has been very frustrating lately. Injuries are huge and we have now lost two linebackers and Jason Elam. Elam not finishing that game last night was huge. If he was in we would have attempted two field goals which probably wins us that game. Another thing is playcalling, you got portis back their and 3rd and short and you throw the ball. Give him the ball and let the clock run. Shannahan is a genious but sometimes I question some of his play calls in critical situations.

Gridiron Guru
11-04-2003, 07:22 AM
We havent run all year. We cant control the ball game. We need to get back to the type of football this team was built on. A power runninng back. Mike Anderson is better than Steven Davis and we dont use him. Bellichick knew we wouldn't be able to play smash mouth football. His defense was playing soft waiting for the short pass with their linbackers filling every gap. A defense desinged to stop a third down conversion against a team that can't run the ball with power. Like Ali's " Rope a Dope" Shanny's wants to prove he is the greatest at drafting RB's. His ego is keeping this team from winning. How have you liked the games since we went to the "homerun ball" Portis instead of the ball control running of Davis, and Anderson..

EddiMac87
11-04-2003, 07:46 AM
Well, I like most everyone on these boards spent last night watching a close game slip out of the Broncos hands and in to the then 6-2 Patriots'. I'd like to say that I was surprised by the outcome, but with the offensive (no pun intended) production out of our team lately I was not. With the exception of Clinton Portis, it seems everyone is underachieving on offense. Ashley Lelie dropped first down balls on several occasions for example, and Danny Kanell simply lacks the mobility to make the bootlegs work as well as the ability to move around the pocket and without Jason Elam, a couple of typical scoring opportunities turned into short field punts. At any rate, the bye week is here and hopefully everyone can get healthy. The next 3 games are very winable with San Diego and Chicago at home and then travelling to Oakland. With enough momentum and lack of further injuries a win at home against our old buddies the Cheifs and the playoffs seem a little more realistic. Any way, my bandwagon feet are far from jumping. Go Broncos!!

vandal68
11-04-2003, 07:53 AM
What is up with our secondary? All year long, I have watched teams continously throw 10-20 yards downfield to a wide open reciever. For example, last night I watched Brady hit wide open recievers 15-20 yards downfield. After the first couple of times I figured that adjustments would be made and we could get a pick or two. It was obvious that Denver was in a zone coverage, but I thought that they could try to hide it a little better than they did. As we all know, no adjustment was made and Brady continued to completions downfield for first downs all night long. Also what is up with Sam Brandon on the patriots first TD pass. If you watch the replay, when the reciever made his post move, Brandon sprinted right past him and left the middle wide open. What did Sam see???? He reacted like it was a run play or something. Either the DB's need better coaching on recognition and coverage, or Denver just needs new DB's. Am I the only one that can see this or does anyone else feel the same way. The DB's are without a doubt the weakest part of the team and things just seem to be getting worse. Deltha may not be very productive the last couple of years, but none of the DB's have been very impressive the last couple of years. What to do????

Vandal............

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 07:55 AM
He made some poor plays lately! Maybe he is still soaking in his good game against pittsburgh

jehaslett
11-04-2003, 08:33 AM
So the Broncos are now 5-4 and all you hear about is the fact that the Broncos will not make the playoffs, well guess what they aren't. It's hard to swallow but lets look at it. Againest the patriots the Broncos went into the game with the #2 defense in the league, how is that possible, because total defense is all about yards. The Broncos haven't let up a lot of yards but big plays is different. Denver's secondary is horrible, let's face it, that has been constant through the years. The linebacking core has been desimated by injuries and the definsive line has done good this year for the most part, only allowing one hundred yard rusher. The Broncos DON"T HAVE ANY DEPTH ON DEFENSE, which means no one can step up for the Broncos when big players go down. I'm not buying that Larry Coyer will be a good defensive coach, please Larry show me that I'm wrong.
Ok it's just the defense how about that great offense in Denver, oh the one that is averaging 23.3 points a game. Yeah I understand, injuries. Let's face it Danny Kanell can't play in this league, he can't convert on two roll out passes that are 5 yards away. That should be automatic for any QB in the NFL. He throws behind his recievers and over there heads. He has had Rod Smith open many times on crossig patterns and throws it no where near him. The Broncos have one the best running backs in the league so why didn't Mike Shanahan give him the ball on monday night againest the pats on 3rd and 4. Like John Madden said that was two down territory. Instead he puts the game in the hands of the worst player on the field and tells Kanell to roll out and complete a pass of 5 yards. That was a very bad decision. The Broncos have so many weapons on the field any QB would love to get the chance to have what Denver offers. The Broncos don't have much depth on offense either and where are the Broncos team leaders Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Tom Nalen and so on they aren't doing anything to get the other players ready to play or helping them understand the system. This team has little to no leadership.
The big guy on campus, the briilant mastermind, the offensive genius not in Dever. Mike Shanahan has made many questionable calls over the last three seasons. Believe me Shanahan saw owner Pat Bowlen coming, that fat contract given to Shanahan is looking pretty rough right now. He get's paid millions of dollars a year to win the big games, so far he hasn't delivered. I'm not sure Mike Shanahan has changed his play book since the Broncos won there last Superbowl, it doesn't seem like it since the Broncos offense has been stagnent the las few years.
Mike Shanahan is on the hot seat in Denver, maybe not with owner Pat Bowlen but definitly with the fans. My prediction, look for Denver to win thier next three games, loose to KC, beat the browns and loose to the colts and packers making the Broncos
9-7 and missing the playoffs again.

TheGlue Factory
11-04-2003, 08:46 AM
I know last night was a heart breaker. Yes many things went against us at the last but a lot of things went for us as well.

Namely, our offense wasn't offensive. I was shocked that we only had like 4 penalties for the entire game! That means composure folks. I'd rather lose by 7 and have a very few penalties than win by 10 and have a lot. Disciplined teams win games.

Compared to the previous three weeks our offense improved immensely! We were able to move the ball and utilized Portis very well. Remember NE had not allowed a 100 yard rusher until last night! Yes we should have won but I'll take yesterday's game over the Minn. and Balt. games any day!

Yes, I know it sux rox to lose but this loss was much better than the previous two. And consider this: What if Elam makes that first FG? The loss wasn't due to any one thing and the Broncos were much improved on offense.

Now for all you little pansy babies crying about how this or that cost the game and talking of getting rid of this person or that person... SHUT UP!!! Bronco fans don't abandon their coach or players mid season.

I bet many of you weren't around when having a winning record was a great thing! You don't know what it was like in the early years. We will most likely end this season at 10-6 or 11-5 which is still an excellent record. If you're calling for people to be released and fired then I don't consider you a true FANatic! Fans don't throw their coach under the bus just because he didn't win. I've heard enough crying from all you young children that can't support your team after a disappointing loss. Did I feel down last night with 0:30 showing on the clock? You bet! But I'm not in here criticizing Shanahan and trashing talkin' our own coaches and players. It's just one loss.

[edit for mispelling]

motarque
11-04-2003, 08:56 AM
right on brother(or sister)!! i'm with ya. They're my team still...i won't abandon them now. we should 11-5 (loss at Indy maybe) and make the wild card. lets finish this season and show everyone we're the real deal.

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 09:01 AM
I guess you're right. i have to go get ready for school anyway!

mac190
11-04-2003, 09:19 AM
I guess we cant vent our frustrations of a loss without being true fans. I come here to talk about Broncos football, bad or good, and express my opinion. That does not make me any less of a fan!

rascal
11-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by mac190
I guess we cant vent our frustrations of a loss without being true fans. I come here to talk about Broncos football, bad or good, and express my opinion. That does not make me any less of a fan!

True that.

kickersarecool
11-04-2003, 09:28 AM
I won't give up hope on the Broncos making the playoffs until it is not phissically possible for them to make it. i believe they'll get there even if they have to win every game.
GO BRONCOS!!!

kcchiefsrule
11-04-2003, 09:28 AM
It's too bad that the Broncos suffered all those injuries. They can rebound but what are the chances? Don't give up hope yet. As Shanahan said, "Champions are made in the second half of the season."

kcchiefsrule
11-04-2003, 09:33 AM
LOL the Chiefs are your old buddies? That's great. But I agree, the playoff hopes are not dead yet. Broncos can do it (and the Dec. 7 game will be good).

TheGlue Factory
11-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by mac190

I didn't say not to vent your frustration. I've done that myself. I've even asked if Delta will be back last year. But I'm not saying Shanahan is a bad coach either. Calling various personell bad coaches or players is NOT supporting your team! Saying they did bad things is okay. Today too many "fans" have been calling Coach Mike and other players bad players/coaches. I'm sick of hearing!

[edit] I really am disappointed that so many Bronco "fans" have become like all others - What have you done for me lately? [edit]

Javalon
11-04-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by kcchiefsrule
LOL the Chiefs are your old buddies? That's great. But I agree, the playoff hopes are not dead yet. Broncos can do it (and the Dec. 7 game will be good).

Another Chiefs fan said recently that even though he hates the Broncos the playoffs wouldn't be any fun without them. They "make the game more interesting."

I, for one, am still expecting the Broncos to do their part. But we might have to beat the Chiefs in December to do it. I hope we're healthy by then but, if not, I'm hoping the Cheifs will do us a favor and play badly for us. :D

jbones733
11-04-2003, 10:15 AM
for all the bashing he took he played well, better than Beurlein, much better, he looks like a decent backup

JED Bronco
11-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Since the invention of the new camera the shots were great of all the NE catches...It shows the DB's just standing in there zones...Gee I hope he throws one in my direction so I can be a star.

Why no turnovers this year from the D? That's why. No one is playing they are just watching and hoping.

Step up or step out!!!!!!!!!

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 10:32 AM
I must agree, he did what he was supposed to. Not turn it over, control the ball, make the throws you know you can make.....Granted he missed some real easy passes but what do you want from a 3rd stringer. I believe we couldnt have expected much more from him, though a stellar performance would have been awesome and a blessing, i dont beleive it was expected.

rascal
11-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
I must agree, he did what he was supposed to. Not turn it over, control the ball, make the throws you know you can make.....Granted he missed some real easy passes but what do you want from a 3rd stringer. I believe we couldnt have expected much more from him, though a stellar performance would have been awesome and a blessing, i dont beleive it was expected.

I agree.

BroncoManiac_69
11-04-2003, 10:36 AM
Yeah, Danny looked much better last night with his performance. Hopefully Jake will be back after the bye, but I feel better knowing that Danny is learning more and more each week in the sad event Jake goes down again.

GO BRONCOS!!

kickersarecool
11-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Great fans who support their team to the bitter end, no matter what the out come. The Patriots may have won this round but we'll get to the playoffs yet!!
who's with me!!!

missnay
11-04-2003, 10:54 AM
I'm definitly with you on that! Despite the few "fans" that start giving up hope when we lose a game.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!
GO PORTIS!!!!!!

AsianOrange
11-04-2003, 10:58 AM
I think that stadium was starting to thin out at the end.

Fan
11-04-2003, 11:20 AM
There are a number of things I found to be troubling last night. First of all is the fans: You all need to suck it up and support this team. I could hardly beleiv it when the boos were so loud it was clearly audible over the TV commentators. You DON'T BOO YOUR OWN TEAM! That is bad and unhelpful to the players that need the support to get fired up. Remember folks, these guys are performer's here to provide entertainment. How much passion would you have if you went to work each day only to be booed by your boss? Would you be looking for work elsewhere? If you aren't going to support them during the struggles, you don't deserve to get any credit when they have success.

To the coaches: What is up with the injuries. I realize this is a tough sport, but the last few years have been so injury plagued that it has hurt chances to even get a whiff of the post season. One year is bad luck, two years is a trend and three years is a problem. Whatever is happening on the conditioning side of the coin needs to change. There are teams out there with obviously better conditioning programs to keep the players healthy. This important component can't be ignored.

To the players: How about showing a little heart? We fans love our players and our team. I have been a fan for 27 years though ups and downs and longer than many of the players have been alive. We want you to succeed, but we need to see some passion for the game! Don't sell out your opportunity for greatness to free agency. A man is only measured by his accomplishments not how much money is in the bank when he is buried. LETS SEE IT!

SlaggBot
11-04-2003, 11:27 AM
We stopped the run like Champs. This game sqarely rests on the Secondary! Plain and simple. I don't even think it's Shannahan's fault. After all, he's not the one out there letting the Pat's catch REDICULOUSLY WIDE OPEN PASSES!

We might as well of not had a secondary last night.

Again, PA THE TIC!

BroncoCy
11-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Early on I was calling for Jarious Jackson due to frustration but after the loss and a night of sleep I do realize Kannell did better than I expected. Not good enough to get that gut feeling that we will ever win with him though :( Please hurry back Jake...

bronco30
11-04-2003, 12:20 PM
the secondary is maybe average at best granted theres not the atwaters or dennis smiths growin on trees. but from drafting and free agents we've stunk. louise wright could prolly come back n be better than half of what we got now.

the linebackers are great hope they resign gold n wilson.

the D-line is pretty good against the run but the lack of another consistent pass rusher besides pyrce really showed up against NE....he was doubled and still no 1 else was there.

whats your thoughts??

rascal
11-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by bronco30
the secondary is maybe average at best granted theres not the atwaters or dennis smiths growin on trees. but from drafting and free agents we've stunk. louise wright could prolly come back n be better than half of what we got now.

the linebackers are great hope they resign gold n wilson.

the D-line is pretty good against the run but the lack of another consistent pass rusher besides pyrce really showed up against NE....he was doubled and still no 1 else was there.

whats your thoughts??

I think you hit the nail on the head.

invisogothworld
11-04-2003, 12:25 PM
We were outcoached and outplayed. Blah.... They need to sell those squishy toys(like a bronco) for stress like this.

Pres. Al Wilson
11-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Yeah, the secondary did blow chunks. Swiss cheese they were. I still think shanny should step up and take a lot of the blame though for those horrible play calls in the 2nd half. Especially in the last half of the 4th.

jbones733
11-04-2003, 12:40 PM
Ou secondary has been brutal for god knos how long, I agree
we nnever have never had a shutdown corner for as long as ive been a fan

rascal
11-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Wow, currently 22+ people on. Pretty active. I guess that's what happens when the fans get pissed off because of a bad loss.

bklynbronco
11-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Was the pats loss a bad loss? Yes it was. Was it another crucial conference loss? hell yes. Do the broncos still have a chance to make the playoffs. Hell yes. Untill we are officially eliminated I won't give up yet and i know there a lot more of us that think that way but they are just frustrated. Losses take time to get over so everybody relax we'll be back.

Jeffy
11-04-2003, 02:38 PM
THE BRONCOS PLAYED THEIR ASSES OFF. THEY PLAYED ALL 60
MINUTES WITH DETERMINATION.THEY DID NOT DO WELL ON
DEFENCE.THAT COUSTED US THE WIN

GO BRONCOS

jbones733
11-04-2003, 03:01 PM
``The bye week couldn't have come at a better time,'' Broncos fullback Mike Anderson said. ``We really need to take some time off and get away from everything. Every now and then, everybody needs a little break. Sometimes you need time to regroup and rethink things.''

broncofan2121
11-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Many people want to say he sucks but bottom line is he kept us in the game with the punt return hes a great special teams player and a good zone corner. Put him at kickoff please hes gotta be better then cole

BroncoManiac_69
11-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Reposted from other thread:

Hello Bronco Faithful:

I think that we are so used to being a winning team that we expect it. You put 3 losses in a row and everyone is pointing fingers and getting upset with each other.

Cities like Cincinnati and Phoenix, who are not accustomed to winning don't even have the negativity that is being displayed on these boards today.

I honestly don't think everyone really knows how to react. We aren't used to this.

But we must remain faithful and supportive of our team. The bandwagon fans are the ones that are not here now. They are probably on the Chiefs or Colts websites bragging about how much they are fans. I work with one of these people so I know all about them.

Now the rest of us true Bronco fans need to keep our chins up, defend our team not criticize it and continue to route for our beloved Broncos!

GO BRONCOS!!

ett4202000
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
I'm not going to be one of those people that sits here and tries to rub it in. That was one hell of a game, and I must say Kanell surprised me. You guys had it down to the wire and I was (I'll admit it) expecting to come here today and get jabbed for my previous post. I got nothing bad to say about the Broncos, they played great but my beloved Patriots played just a little better. Remember Broncos fans, New England started their third stringer in 2001 and everyone said we were a doomed team. We all know what the outcome was.

Pres. Al Wilson
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
I will forever be Bronco fan. I may curse and kick and scream but I will never switch teams. I am a Denver fan for life...and beyond!

broncos4ever
11-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
Reposted from other thread:

Hello Bronco Faithful:

I think that we are so used to being a winning team that we expect it. You put 3 losses in a row and everyone is pointing fingers and getting upset with each other.

Cities like Cincinnati and Phoenix, who are not accustomed to winning don't even have the negativity that is being displayed on these boards today.

I honestly don't think everyone really knows how to react. We aren't used to this.

But we must remain faithful and supportive of our team. The bandwagon fans are the ones that are not here now. They are probably on the Chiefs or Colts websites bragging about how much they are fans. I work with one of these people so I know all about them.

Now the rest of us true Bronco fans need to keep our chins up, defend our team not criticize it and continue to route for our beloved Broncos!

GO BRONCOS!!

I'm with you. Win or lose they are my team.

BroncoManiac_69
11-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks for stopping by. The Patriots showed great character by not giving up and getting the winning score. Congrats on being 2 up on the Dolphins. Kudos to you for that.

We Bronco fans are hurting today. We are sad that our team seems to be falling apart. We have next week off so maybe things will calm down a little bit. We need to get back on a winning track.

You guys have the week off as well. Good luck with Dallas the following week.

GO BRONCOS!!

chickennob2
11-04-2003, 04:16 PM
How hard is this? Come on! You are starting a 3rd string quarterback! When Miami got trounced by VaTech, the Hokies didn't have a SINGLE passing yard, not ONE until the 3rd quarter. I know this is the NFL, but running the ball is still critical. It's even more important in this situation:

Less than 4 minutes left
You have a lead
Your passing game isn't quite clicking
3rd and short
3rd and short
3rd and short

RUN THE BALL

BroncosFanInPA
11-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Was it just me or does anybody else think last night looked some much like the game against the raiders on monday night last year? What i mean is what happened in that game? The defense sat back in zone & gannon ripped us apart & it just looked some much like that last night, i feel they should have done some blitzing instead they sat back & got shredded!

chickennob2
11-04-2003, 04:29 PM
let's see, here are some horrible trends i've found

Two Years in a Row (Last and This):

a great team ruined by injury
a team thats cruising halted on one play in a divisional game
(last year: Woodson Int return for a touchdown
this year: Dante Hall punt return for a touchdown)huge conference games lost because of passing on 3rd and short at the
end of a game with a lead(Miami, Indy, Foxboro, LastLastThis)
bad calls by the official

I know the Sox have got the Bambino and the Cubs have got the goat, but what could have cursed us?Maybe the big man upstairs mistook "Orange Crush" for "Orange Curse" just a thought/rant

DBChas
11-04-2003, 04:42 PM
I've been away from Denver a long time, but a fan for 33 years. I've seen 'em good, and lord knows, I've seen 'em bad. Last night was an all-time low. To everyone: Read Woody Paige in the Post. He's got it right, exactly right. No excuses. We've been saddled with a bunch of pretenders. They've looked bad all along, but managed to hide it--sort of. If anyone's looking for the Broncos' heart, see Elway. If anyone's looking for the real deal, see the names, that at least used to be, on the stadium ring at Mile High. Unfortunately, it's not, "Give me the damn ball," but, "Show me the money!"

Some people need to be fired--Deltha, and we have to start over. Hey, Pat, keep Rod, Ed, Clinton, Mike, Dan, Al, Ian, John and Trevor, and a couple others, tank the rest and build a new team. Maybe we can get back Maddox, who, presumably, doesn't spend his off time cracking his toe knuckles or tripping over his dog. Otherwise, I'm going to be putting up a beautiful leather Bronco jacket on eBay. Watch for it.

Yeah, it's only football, but don't embarrass me in front of my friends.

BroncoCy
11-04-2003, 04:49 PM
I say keep Plummer to...all the guy wants to do is win and has done that so far. He's got way too much to play for right now so I dont think he is wussing out, its just unfortunate something so little did this to him :(

REDMUDSLIDE
11-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Im surprised at some of you Bronco fans already giving up on your team you still have plenty of games left, and with Plummer coming back you still have a shot at the playoffs, belive me i have been with the CHIEFS since i can remember and i am proud of the chiefs now, things can change in the NFL. Win or lose the CHIEFS will always be my football team even if they were 0-8, i can remember when people gave tickets to chiefs games away in the early 80's and we went to the games and you could set where you wanted, those were the good old days of fan loyality. I look forward to december 7th. Broncos are a good team. yes REDMUDSLIDE SAID THAT , thats what makes the CHIEFS and broncos games so great. Take it easy Bronco fans and later........................GO CHIEFS

uknowit
11-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Can't blame the coach, have to blame the whole team. They quit the last two minutes of the game. They actually quit before they woke up. The Pats gave them so much yardage with penalties. Maybe next time they should spot them some points....say .................30 to make it fair.

ozzy_osbourne
11-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by uknowit
Can't blame the coach, have to blame the whole team. They quit the last two minutes of the game. They actually quit before they woke up. The Pats gave them so much yardage with penalties. Maybe next time they should spot them some points....say .................30 to make it fair.

how can you say don't blame tha coach? his paly calling is what is costing us games, give money (Portis) a chance to earn his money?

Hansolo
11-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Props to REDMUDSLIDE !

I appreciate what you had to say. Yeah, being a fan is all about sticking by your team faithfully no matter what. It's like a family... I'm not going to walk out on my Wife and Son beacause they make some bad decisions or mess up in somearea (my Wife would have left me a long time ago if it was like that!). The Broncos are a quality team and Shanahan is a quality coach. I can't stand it when folks feel like they have to figure out who's fault a loss is! Things will turn around... I have to be honest, what worries me most is the players checking out our message boards and losing faith in themselves based on what we say. I know the fans mean a lot to a player (most of them at least). They want our support...

I live in the San Francisco Bay area (although I grew up in Colorado... 1978-1993), and some of us are beginning to sound like Forty-Niner fans!! FAIR WEATHER !!

Peace

Hansolo
11-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Just wanted to reiterate how much I agree with what this Chiefs fan has said here. I usually don't agree with what most of their fans have said in here, but this guy has some wisdom to share with us.

Peace

Elway
11-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Nothing is a lock, we need to win, plain and simple. Right now our best record could only be 12-4 if we ran the complete table, and it isn't easy. At the halfway point we have the Chiefs, Indy, the Ravens, and Patriots leading the divisions. Tenn is right behind and so I Miami, Buffalo can come on strong, so we have to play our A$$ES of to get a wild card. If Miami takes there division lead, the Pats get the tiebreaker over us now. That;s what really burns me... we had it and let it slip away.

winuh
11-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Does anyone remember Lelie getting hit really hard in a game this year? I watched him last night and he seemed to be bracing for a big hit before he even caught the ball. I really think it's his fear of getting hit that is preventing him from breaking out, but I don't remember it being so obvious before last night. Maybe in practice he got laid out? I mean, that one catch he did make a defender was still a few feet away from him and he could have made a move and been free for extra yardage, but as soon as he caught the ball he braced and ducked downward . . . . and there wasn't anyone even there yet to hit him! So I guess I'm curious as to any possible explanations for this, and if anyone else is noticing it. I could be wrong, but I don't remember him playing like that at the start of the season . . .

Hawaiian Bronco
11-04-2003, 10:42 PM
A week or 2 ago someone posted that Lelie was over rated. As much as I've been trying to tell myself no, I admit that I have been disappointed in his play this year. He dropped a couple of 3rd downers that were catchable and dropped one right in the middle with no one around. When he runs the streak, he doesn't seem to get a 2-3 step separation. I don't know if he hasn't learned to create that seperation or the ball is under thrown so that the defender has a chance to close the gap. It seems that there is usually someone there when the ball arrives. He has the speed to get free but maybe his technique is lacking. You're right about how it looks like he's afraid to get hit. It looks like he's lacking self confidence also. He's an island boy so he's a bit mellow. Maybe he needs to get a "holier-than-thou" attitude.

Woody
11-04-2003, 11:17 PM
I still think hes got potential, Rod was known to drop a few when he began his career too, but right now Lelie straight up sucks.

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Criticism is ok. Stuff like "that was a questionable call i didnt get that"
Bashing is just stupid. Stuff like "Shanahan has no balls bla bla new coach bla bla he sent a statement that he doesnt trust his team to win bla bla !

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 11:27 PM
If your son or daughter keeps coloring outside the lines would you bash their a$$? Or would you give them encouragement?

Carmine
11-04-2003, 11:45 PM
I know out of frustration I have said it, "get rid of Mike," but the truth is, I know he is a damn good coach. He is human and is capable of bad decisions. What coach out there has not had his ups and downs with all the things that can go bad in the business. Anyway for all of you who really do think Shanahan needs to be replaced... who is really gonna come in and do better ... it wont be Parcells, Gruden, or Vermeil that is for sure. Other than those three, who would it be? I can think of alot of great coaches, but I know that their are owners out there that would give their left nut to get a guy like Shanahan. Come on now, Shan is not that bad compared to what other options we have at head coach. I dont think he is bad at all personally. I do talk ***** after a loss, that I will admit. Atleast we dont have Spurrier or Bill Calahan.

Mer
11-04-2003, 11:57 PM
ehehehehhe

It depends. Is he/she being paid five million a year to color?

Sorry Lava. Just teasing :)

Kitt
11-05-2003, 12:26 AM
He can't make the big play. We need Ed back.

Kitt
11-05-2003, 12:58 AM
He is becoming as predictable as Dan Reeves.

The inability of this team to make adjustments during the game
is killing them.

Just run the damn ball, and keep running, it's still working, no-no
don't stop running... incomplete, incomplete, stop the clock !

What the hell was that, you don't put the game in the hands of Kanell and Lelie, you put it in the hands of Portis or Anderson.

What a crappy season this is turning into, sorry boys no playoffs this year. Coaches are giving our games away.

I'm seriously pissed
Kitt

DrewB
11-05-2003, 01:14 AM
In the Vikings game when they gave the ball three str8 times to Portis everyone said Shanahan should have run a playaction.Guess he is damned if he does damned if don't.Lets not forget that Lelie dropped one of those passes for a 1st down.

Orange&Blue
11-05-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by DrewB
In the Vikings game when they gave the ball three str8 times to Portis everyone said Shanahan should have run a playaction.Guess he is damned if he does damned if don't.Lets not forget that Lelie dropped one of those passes for a 1st down.

So true.

DieHard
11-05-2003, 02:10 AM
Elam can't stay healthy or get his kickoffs deep. That is bad enough. But the fact that we use a roster spot and salery cap money on another kicker who can't kick say a 40 yard FG is wrong! One kicker who can stay healthy or a decent backup!

Chris Cole is not a KR. He needs to hit a hole. There is never a hole. So have him throw a fake, fake one way go the other.

Shanny's system is too dam complex: the number 3 WR has taken so long to accquire he is now our number 2. Old vets who have mastered the complex system dont seem to out play the young coached talent other teams field. Simplfy the system and find a faster way to integrate new young talent.

The fielding of the free kick - learn it!

geregeldzat
11-05-2003, 05:59 AM
I think that a lot of the players go on the message board to take a look what has been written...
It is in these times when things are going bad that our players need our full support... Let's make this thread a support one for the Broncos!
Everybody post your support to show that we are still behind them and nothing is lost! Root for your team when they most need it and realise that it ain't over till the fat lady sings!

GO BRONCOS!
I STILL BELIEVE!