PDA

View Full Version : Contributor Status Viewing Question

IZAAK
03-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Is there any way I can view all of my Contributor Status. After you get like 10 of them, some disappear. I'd like to see all of mine. Is there any way?

Snk16
03-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Is there any way I can view all of my Contributor Status. After you get like 10 of them, some disappear. I'd like to see all of mine. Is there any way?

I wouldn't know.

OrangePeel
03-17-2005, 08:45 PM
so dont post :duh:

JWinn
03-17-2005, 09:46 PM

No. You can only see the last ten hits given to you. I think it is because after a while, the page would be huge. But maybe Alastor could give a better answer.

Snk16
03-18-2005, 11:40 AM
so dont post :duh:

Hm................ a little hypocritical eh?

Alastor could give a better answer.

West
03-18-2005, 02:25 PM
hmmm i dont know

but i got a question as well, i dont wanna make another thread about CS Points because that would be called spamming but my question is...

Can Mods give out CS Points?

JWinn
03-18-2005, 02:29 PM
hmmm i dont know

but i got a question as well, i dont wanna make another thread about CS Points because that would be called spamming but my question is...

Can Mods give out CS Points?

Yes they can, & do.

Snk16
03-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Yes they can, & do.

Yes, and their points are worth uh 2 or something? Even though they are starters I think the system is based on the amount of points they receive or something. So if they have 100 they give out 2 points. Or something like that.

Jared
03-18-2005, 04:05 PM
They are worth more than two.

Technically, I can give out negative CP, but admin has asked us to refrain from that until we have a variety of members at different levels and the system matures. This will allow members to get to the level where they can give negative CP to trolls or posts/threads that they think are a waste of bandwidth (duplicates, spam, smack outside of the appropriate forum, etc.) Ultimately, our hope is that this will reduce the amount of duplicate threads and encourage peole to think before they post, since they now have an incentive to NOT get negative CP. You don't want to drop below zero. That would be bad. I think it will make it better online community for everyone in the long run, if only because the amount it time it takes to build up a positive rep means it would be really hard for someone to gang up one person they disliked. One person with a vendetta can't really do anything if 5 or 10 other people are giving positive points for a great post.

JWinn
03-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Yes, and their points are worth uh 2 or something? Even though they are starters I think the system is based on the amount of points they receive or something. So if they have 100 they give out 2 points. Or something like that.

Just to clear up this point (no pun intended, lol)Snk, the system in not based on points, yet. You need to receive 1000 (thousand) points in order to gain an extra point to give. At least I think that was one of the things.

However, if you have been here a year, or longer, you also get en extra point to give. BBJ & I havent been here a year, so our value is still only 1. Benny has now been here over a year, so HIS points are a value of two, so far.

I believe mods are totally different from the rest of us, as Jared was explaining. I would consider them not really a part of the program. They ARE, in that they can give & receive points, but as mods, it's just different for them.

I would be interested in having Jared or any other mod hit me with a negative to see what it looks like. I am just interested in the toy aspect of the program, as you should have seen in the original threads on this topic.

Go for it Jared, really. :D

Jared
03-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I would be interested in having Jared or any other mod hit me with a negative to see what it looks like. I am just interested in the toy aspect of the program, as you should have seen in the original threads on this topic.

You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to JWinn again.

JWinn
03-18-2005, 04:51 PM
It's the thought that counts I guess. :laugh: j/k

When you get a chance, I would really be interested. Thanks!

Snk16
03-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Just to clear up this point (no pun intended, lol)Snk, the system in not based on points, yet. You need to receive 1000 (thousand) points in order to gain an extra point to give. At least I think that was one of the things.

However, if you have been here a year, or longer, you also get en extra point to give. BBJ & I havent been here a year, so our value is still only 1. Benny has now been here over a year, so HIS points are a value of two, so far.

I believe mods are totally different from the rest of us, as Jared was explaining. I would consider them not really a part of the program. They ARE, in that they can give & receive points, but as mods, it's just different for them.

Do you mean 100 not 1000? Please say 100. :laugh:

Jared
03-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Do you mean 100 not 1000? Please say 100. :laugh:

maybe he's right.....oooooo mysterious.

Snk16
03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

JWinn
03-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Finally, I am right about something!!!

I just checked the FAQ and it's 1000. You not really any farther away from that than the rest of us Snk. I expect to get my second point value for being here a year before I hit 1000.

Snk16
03-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Finally, I am right about something!!!

I just checked the FAQ and it's 1000. You not really any farther away from that than the rest of us Snk. I expect to get my second point value for being here a year before I hit 1000.

Crapola. :laugh:

welshbronco
03-19-2005, 07:37 AM
If u have more than one user name on this board I suppose u could log on with a different ID and give contributor points to your other ID's. Are there any measures in place to prevent this?
I think I should have posted this elsewhere! :confused: