PDA

View Full Version : ok, stop

Maverick
11-03-2003, 11:13 PM
stop being so pessimistic, now. We can still have hope, and perhaps some luck (i know, we havent had MUCH luck yet this season)

but-- after the bye we should be getting the majority of our starters back. We have a cake schedule (+/- one or two teams). We win every game, other teams (miami/tennessee..etc) have harder schedules and begin to lose. This all equates to a wild card spot. We can still have hope guys/gals, dont give up.

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:15 PM
San Diego, Chicago and Oakland. We should easily end up at 8-4 after that. As upset as i am now I will still be watching every game.

K'Noy_Kills
11-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Pessimistic some ****. That **** would make ANY die hard fan throw their hands in the air. Like my mom says...I just let it go and turn it over to God.

The coaches and most of the players need to take their ass to church this Sunday and pray like the world is about to end cause their season sure ass hell just did.

Javalon
11-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Maverick
stop being so pessimistic, now. We can still have hope, and perhaps some luck (i know, we havent had MUCH luck yet this season)

but-- after the bye we should be getting the majority of our starters back. We have a cake schedule (+/- one or two teams). We win every game, other teams (miami/tennessee..etc) have harder schedules and begin to lose. This all equates to a wild card spot. We can still have hope guys/gals, dont give up.

Hey I completely agree. But after a heartbreaking loss like that it's hard to be an optimist. I'll probably be more rational tomorrow but right now I'm still pissed.

Maverick
11-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Im afraid because, yes shanny is a great coach... but Im thinking he may have reached a stagnation point with the team. Nothing is coming of his mastermind anymore. THATS what scares me.

elwaymvp
11-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Also remember that Plummer, with the extra week to relax, will be back for the Chargers. We were 4-1 when he started...

Maverick
Originally posted by Javalon
Hey I completely agree. But after a heartbreaking loss like that it's hard to be an optimist. I'll probably be more rational tomorrow but right now I'm still pissed.

yeah, no doubt it truly WAS a heartbreaker.

Timmy87
He always is playing not to lose rather than to make calls to win the game.

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:20 PM
I hate not being able to watch sportscenter. I dont want to see the highlights

Maverick
11-03-2003, 11:21 PM
my sig rings true during this bye week.

its latin and it translates to: "In times of peace, prepare for war!"

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:22 PM
I was wondering what that meant

Javalon
11-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Im afraid because, yes shanny is a great coach... but Im thinking he may have reached a stagnation point with the team. Nothing is coming of his mastermind anymore. THATS what scares me.

I don't know. I'd be willing to bet that after the bye week things get back on track. Jake's back. Salaam's back. Eddie's back.

But that doesn't help my post-heartbreaker blues right now. I think I'll go mope now. ;)

Fat Joe
11-03-2003, 11:32 PM
We can look at it like this too, yes, we should have won that game, yes, we gave that game away, no, the patriots didnt deserve it, BUT, they did have one hell of a time shutting down our 3RD STRING qb. Pretty pathetic either way. So, think of it as, if Plummer had been in, there wouldnt have been a game. Saddle up and look forward to the play offs when we'll get a chance to beat the **** out of the patriots with a healthy team, that is, if they make it that far.

chickennob2
11-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Timmy87
He always is playing not to lose rather than to make calls to win the game.

Must i reiiterate: "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" thanks herm

Timmy87
11-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Shanahan needs to get that into his head

Javalon
11-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Fat Joe
We can look at it like this too, yes, we should have won that game, yes, we gave that game away, no, the patriots didnt deserve it, BUT, they did have one hell of a time shutting down our 3RD STRING qb. Pretty pathetic either way. So, think of it as, if Plummer had been in, there wouldnt have been a game. Saddle up and look forward to the play offs when we'll get a chance to beat the **** out of the patriots with a healthy team, that is, if they make it that far.

I don't know about that. Kanell's numbers?

16/35 for 165 yards. I think they shut him down pretty well. But you're right, he is only the 3rd-stringer. So there's still hope when Jake gets back.

FloridaFan
11-04-2003, 09:06 AM
What happened to sticking by your team no matter what???? You can't be winners all the time, but geesh, it's still football and it's still enjoyable. Quit being such bad loosers, between the negative media and fair weathered fans, the Broncos owe you nothing. These wins/losses are for them and them alone. You are just there to enjoy the sport, get over it!

vingamel
11-04-2003, 09:16 AM
Yeah, these Broncos fans have always been whiners. Sure, they had their years as winners, but let them lose games and they turn on their team nothing flat. Powdered bottoms.

rascal
11-04-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by FloridaFan
These wins/losses are for them and them alone. You are just there to enjoy the sport, get over it!

They play the sport because we enjoy watching the sport. HELLO. Without us buying tickets, merchandise, watching it on TV, they wouldn't be getting paid to play.

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 10:54 AM
Seriously, the sport is for us...................We pay their f'ng salary, we pay for the new stadiums, we pay for everything...........so the W's and L's are for US. There wouldnt be professional sports if it wasnt for the fans. And we (Broncos fans) have an extreme passion for out team, which can go either way...........when they f**k up we get pissed, when they win we are happy..............but I guess we are the only fans who get that way, huh? All other fans just sit back and accept losses with no emotion, if so they SUCK!!!!!

Emotion is what makes this game so intense, fans and players alike..................without the emotion, good or bad, whats the point?????

Aardwolf
11-04-2003, 11:01 AM
What happened to sticking by your team no matter what????

With all due respect, one would need to have been lobotimized to have that philosophy.

Hansolo
11-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Aardwolf
With all due respect, one would need to have been lobotimized to have that philosophy.

kickersarecool
11-04-2003, 11:05 AM
The reason we get so upset is because we care!!!! And it's a bad thing for us to lose. It's not our fault if your used to your team loosing!!

Hansolo
11-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Aardwolf

What is that supposed to mean ? I have to be brain dead to stick by my team when their having a tough time of it (coaching or whatever...)? It's called loyalty man... If we were not loyal to our team, we would all be buying Dante Hall/Priest Holmes jerseys and saying, Bronco's? Who? The Chiefs are winning! I'm with them ! (just like EVERYONE did with the Chicago Bulls during the Jordan years).

Nuff said...

Peace

elway98
11-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Are you Denver fans really this fickle?? We're 5-4 currently sitting 7th in the conference and 4 of our next 5 games are at home with the next 3 being against under .500 teams! There's no reason for us not to be 8-4 by week 12 (when we meet KC again)with only needing 2 wins after that against either Cleveland, KC, Indy or Green Bay to clinch a wild card. Have some freakin' faith considering we are missing the amount of starter's that we are. Sure O'Neil had a bad game but we should of put that game away well before that!!

Mark my words, once the Snake is back along with McCaffrey, Salaam and Mobley(if and when?) we will roll again.

My predications...11-5 (max 10-6) with our only loss coming to either Indy or GB. We will beat KC in Denver as well!

Elway98

Fan
11-04-2003, 11:23 AM
There are a number of things I found to be troubling last night. First of all is the fans: You all need to suck it up and support this team. I could hardly believe it when the boos were so loud it was clearly audible over the TV commentators. You DON'T BOO YOUR OWN TEAM! That is bad and unhelpful to the players that need the support to get fired up. Remember folks, these guys are performer's here to provide entertainment. How much passion would you have if you went to work each day only to be booed by your boss? Would you be looking for work elsewhere? If you aren't going to support them during the struggles, you don't deserve to get any credit when they have success.

To the coaches: What is up with the injuries. I realize this is a tough sport, but the last few years have been so injury plagued that it has hurt chances to even get a whiff of the post season. One year is bad luck, two years is a trend and three years is a problem. Whatever is happening on the conditioning side of the coin needs to change. There are teams out there with obviously better conditioning programs to keep the players healthy. This important component can't be ignored and more.

To the players: How about showing a little heart? We fans love our players and our team. I have been a fan for 27 years though ups and downs and longer than many of the players have been alive. We want you to succeed, but we need to see some passion for the game! Don't sell out your opportunity for greatness to free agency. A man is only measured by his accomplishments not how much money is in the bank when he is buried. LETíS SEE IT! And congrats to Kanell for good hard play!

orange_crush77
11-04-2003, 11:30 AM
We do need to suck it up and support our team. We don't want to be fairweather fans...support'em throught the good, bad and the ugly.

rascal
11-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by tahuya man
Originally posted by orangenblue420

Seriously, the sport is for us...................We pay their f'ng salary

Their salaries are paid by the Denver Broncos. You aren't as important as you think.

Where do you think the Denver Broncos get the money?

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by tahuya man

Their salaries are paid by the Denver Broncos. You aren't as important as you think.

Ummmm...............hello.................do you not have a freakin clue on how professional sports make a majority of their money.........through merchandising (i.e. fans buying their sht)....through ticket sale (i.e. fans buying their tickets).......through television (i.e. fans paying for cable, nfl sunday ticket)..........do i have to say more...........

I am not saying I am important (though I am :D) I am saying THE FAN is important....so bite me b!tch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Take all the fans away for a season, completely, no merchandise, no ticket sales, no nothin, lets see what you got then..........

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Read closer cause I have, I have proved my point, prove yours.......

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 11:57 AM
And who the hell r u anyways, r u even a Broncos fan, do you have a team??????? If not get out, I would rather hear the Chiefs fans, at least they know about football and talk football, whereas you my dear friend are talking straight out your arse.....

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Great post fan..............very well said. I was wondering about the conditioning/injuries myself. Not to mention some of the freakish ways some of these injuries occur.

Javalon
11-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
Great post fan..............very well said. I was wondering about the conditioning/injuries myself. Not to mention some of the freakish ways some of these injuries occur.

As far as I know, it's pretty much the same conditioning system the Broncos had during their Super Bowl years. If you remember, they had very few key injuries during those seasons. So, maybe this is just payback for those fortunate years.

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Yeah, so well that they cant win a superbowl or even make the playoffs, an exsisting team does not necessarily mean a successful team.

Guess you just cant admit that you may be partly wrong.....

My point is the FAN is very important, extremely important......if you take the FAN (not a fan or 10,000 fans) but the FAN away, you have no sport......

And why are we arguing this in the first place, are you not a fan????????? I mean why such a hard on against fans.........I am not understanding.

Oh yeah and I do talk out my arse on occassion, who doesnt, you just seem to do it on a more consistent basis.

TheGlue Factory
11-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Fan
To the coaches: What is up with the injuries. I realize this is a tough sport, but the last few years have been so injury plagued that it has hurt chances to even get a whiff of the post season. One year is bad luck, two years is a trend and three years is a problem. Whatever is happening on the conditioning side of the coin needs to change. There are teams out there with obviously better conditioning programs to keep the players healthy. This important component can't be ignored and more.

I agree to a point. Some injuries are just plain bad luck (ie Mobley) that conditioning can't be prevented while others can be (maybe Gold's injury could be prevented but maybe not.)

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 12:08 PM
God, I just feel we have been cursed or something, who knows, there is no reasonable explanation. Its just extremely frustrating.

threewalltim
11-04-2003, 12:37 PM
I truly believe that we still have a chance for the playoffs. I don't think I'm being too optimistic when I say it. I know the Broncos are one of the best teams in the league. Once we get past all these injuries, we'll start kicking @$$ again like normal. I admit I was very down on the team last night, but watching them lose a close one like that hurts. But now I'm focussed, and I'm looking forward to playing San Diego. Everyone needs to stop all this seasons over crap. There is still plenty of games to win and win big. The Chefs fans think they have this season in the bag, so we need to support the Broncos as much as possible so they kick the crap out of those tomahawk throwing, band wagon jumping, pu$$ies! (And the Chefs do have the largest bunch of band wagon fans in the NFL! I'm from Kansas, and I see it all the time. Plus I lived in KC for three years and it's even worse there!) So don't be like them and start jumping ship at the first sign of trouble!!

RealBronco
11-04-2003, 12:46 PM
yeah, no doubt it truly WAS a heartbreaker.

Hey Maverick what does your signature mean? Something about war right?

rascal
11-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by RealBronco
Hey Maverick what does your signature mean? Something about war right?

He said earlier...

its latin and it translates to: "In times of peace, prepare for war!"

RealBronco
11-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Thought so...

PG6311
11-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Maverick,

Have you looked at our wins and losses this season? Notice something. We lose to any team above 500 no matter who they are and we beat every team under 500. In the playoffs, we will play teams above 500. I am not looking for us to make a quick exit like in 2000; I'm looking for an opportunity to get a Lombardi trophy.

kickersarecool
11-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Look i know i'm new to this message board, and i know i live across the pond (thats england by the way) But it don't mean i don't support the broncos any less than people who go and watch the home games all the time. But i'm sick and tired of people crying at the first signs of a dodgey season. For gods sake it's the midseason not two weeks till the playoffs. Am i the only one in hear who just wants people to lighten up!! Don't look to the past look to the future and the next game!!

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Hey we dont need optimism, we are trying to dronw in our sorrows.....................

LOL

J/K

Its nice to see someone looking at the bright side........:D

OklahomaSooners
11-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Damn, all I have read is blame, blame, blame, and more blame. The bottom line is the Broncos have just had some bad luck mainly due to injuries. People saying cut delta, why? Dang its not like he is the only one making bad plays. If thats the option, cut the whole defense and offense and start over. Suck it up, stick to your team and quit boo hooooooin.

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
Damn, all I have read is blame, blame, blame, and more blame. The bottom line is the Broncos have just had some bad luck mainly due to injuries. People saying cut delta, why? Dang its not like he is the only one making bad plays. If thats the option, cut the whole defense and offense and start over. Suck it up, stick to your team and quit boo hooooooin.

According to some posters, blaming our losses on injuries is still boo hooing.

OklahomaSooners
11-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Actually that is just a fact not boo hooing, im not blaming anyone and im not trying to excuse anything. Its just a simple, unfortonate fact. End of story.

Hoolah
11-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Look as we are loosing, we are all going to be looking for "reasons" as to why, now that may seem like "blaming", but this is a discussion board, we are bound to discuss why we aren't winning.

I'm not sure how much mileage there is in a thread that starts "We lost, lets not look for reasons, and lets not talk about it".

Javalon
11-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Hoolah
Look as we are loosing, we are all going to be looking for "reasons" as to why, now that may seem like "blaming", but this is a discussion board, we are bound to discuss why we aren't winning.

I'm not sure how much mileage there is in a thread that starts "We lost, lets not look for reasons, and lets not talk about it".

Heh, good point.

But when a post starts off "Shanny's 100% to blame for this loss!!!" that's probably the blame game and not just looking for reasons.

But you are 100% correct that it's natural to talk about why the losses are happening.

I'm sad we're losing right now. But I won't get too depressed unless they keep losing after the bye week and with a number of key players back.

Pres. Al Wilson
11-04-2003, 02:04 PM

You can criticize your team and still be a loyal fan. In fact, I think it shows that you want the best performance for your team no matter what and are willing to dissect and look at all areas where your team can improve. True, Colorado fans expect a lot from their Broncos, but the Broncos would be the first to admit that they have been the ones to originally set that high standard. Rod Smith mentioned that high expectation that he demands from himself and the rest of the team this last sunday night on 9news.
I am not giving up on the Broncos for this season yet, but you gotta admit that it will be an amazingly difficult up-hill struggle just to get to the playoffs.

BRONCO @ BIRTH
11-04-2003, 02:04 PM
OUR DEFENSE (SECONDARY AND OVER THE MIDDLE) DID NOT SHOW UP LAST NIGHT. WHEN A OPPOSING QB GETS OVER 350 IN YARDS YOU KNOW SOMETHING BROKE DOWN.

FloridaFan
11-04-2003, 02:11 PM
The bottom line, you still need to support the team no matter what! Without the owners you wouldn't even have a team, someone had to upfront the money, and I know for sure it was not the fans.

And the boys do play for themselves, they are in it for the money, they are going to play the game whether you are cheering them on or not. And if the team or you don't want them, there is always someone else that does.

Just be grateful...look for the positives!

Pres. Al Wilson
11-04-2003, 02:19 PM
You can still love your team and yet voice your frustration and criticism. Criticism only makes your team stronger. I bet you are one of those people who believes that you aren't an American if you disagree or criticize a president. I am a life-long Bronco fan...hands down. And i will be pulling for them just as hard in their next game as i did in the MNF game, but I am also a realist and I am NOT going to sugar coat things and pretend that the "elephant isn't in the room." I love my team but something STINKS right now. Professional sports is very demanding (especially in a great sports state as Colorado) and these players get the big bucks partly because they are supposed to be able to handle the pressure of a big game and not crack. And be able to come back from a hard loss and win. Denver has done that this year or last, or even the year before that. At what point do you say ... ummmm this sucks, and this is not typcial Bronco play. i mean, the bottom line is that the Bronco fans are use to our team making the playoffs. Its a bitter adjustment when they come so close and yet still fail to make the post-season year after year.

BroncoCy
11-04-2003, 02:20 PM
This game made me think a lot of last years Monday night mauling against the Raiders. Our secondary couldn't stop Ryan Leaf throwing to Akili Smith :(

FloridaFan
11-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Some people know how to state their frustrations better than other. But today I just read the "Denver Post" and I couldn't believe how they ripped into the Broncos. Yes they lost, yes they need to win. But they are talking like they are the worst team in the league. Who likes to lose? And as a paying fan you want them to win, but the way these guys are being attacked is too much. It's not just a Colorado thing either...every state/city beats up on the home team. But enoughs enough

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Some people know how to state their frustrations better than other. But today I just read the "Denver Post" and I couldn't believe how they ripped into the Broncos. Yes they lost, yes they need to win. But they are talking like they are the worst team in the league. Who likes to lose? And as a paying fan you want them to win, but the way these guys are being attacked is too much. It's not just a Colorado thing either...every state/city beats up on the home team. But enoughs enough

Expectations for them are high this year, especially the way they started the season. Unfortunately, that means that they'll also get smacked by the media really hard when things start to go south. If you're talking about Paige and Kizla, that's the way they are. They heap the praise when the Broncos are sweet and heap the smack when they are sorry. I think Paige is a huge fan though(not sure about Kizla). Call it tough love.