PDA

View Full Version : Cookies issue.

Jared
03-27-2005, 03:41 PM
If you are getting logged out at every page switch, and/or having trouble with the search function, post here.

I want to see if its only me.

2 Minute Warning
03-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I had a couple problems looking at some threads this morning ;)
And I logged out and lo and behold I came back to find I was still logged in, and visa versa. :confused:

Den21-Bal19
03-27-2005, 04:16 PM
I've had a similar problem going back some, but it seems to have stopped (or at least eased) over the last month & a half or so.

I don't know if it's related or not, but over the last month or so, I've noticed a few threads (Javalons B'day & NJ's promo to B/W) that when I try to open them close my browser window. Only at home, I seem to get on OK at work. Any ideas?

Adrenaline
03-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Yes. I tell it to "remember me" but everytime i open the web page and come here it logs me back out. Sometimes when i look at my CP it tells me to log back in again.

Adrenaline
03-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Try checking your points by just clicking the scale on one of your posts instead of going to the control panel. You cant see the notes, but you can see your total.

k. Thanks JWinn :beer:

Broncinator
03-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I am not on nearly as much as I used to be but I am still having the same problem as you are Jared and as the rest of them with always having to log in after being logged out. It did seem to stop but only after I had been to almost every page or forum and I had been on for hours at a time. It is only an inconvienance, not a major deal, no worries if it can't be fixed. Oh, by the way, I did enable all cookies for the site and still have the same problem. As I stated before, no big deal but thank you for your concern... :D

AZ Snake Fan
03-28-2005, 08:03 PM
--- i put 216.58.161.132 and 216.58.161.30 and DenverBroncos.com on my Trusted sites list just in case my firewall was interfering --- still got booted after every post, pm, and every time i switched forums --- it has been going on ever since we upgraded the website the last time --- before that all worked fine --- however, yesterday i was able to navigate throughout the site with no problems, and then last night it started again --- tonight no problems --- i don't think the problem correlates to peak high volume usage of the board, because i have had these problems while very few members were signed on --- could we be pushing the bandwidth envelope with all these psyco-delic animated sigs? --- az

Jared
03-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Guys, I am going to say i think it's more to do with the settings or something on your computers. Although not compleatly. You might just have a lot of cookies in your systems. Do you ever delete them?

I do. All the time. I never LOG OUT. The only times I do that is when I delete my cookies. Then I have to log in to everywhere again. But it keeps my computer running better. At least I find that to be true.

You should all know that I am computer illiterate! I couldnt figure this stuff out to save my life, but I just go with what little I have learned over the years of playing with this thing.

Certianly the site here does something. As I said, it's done it to me too. But very rarely. I will be on for hours, post many times and suddenly get a log in screen. It's annoying, but I dont worry about it. I figure somehow the system is resetting itself in some way.

I wouldnt be suprised to find out all the sigs has something to do with it. There has to be an amazing amount of data stored in the entre Broncos website, us being only a part of it.

I would suggest that if possible, old data be removed from the system temporarily. Mostly I mean old threads/posts. While they are viewed by some people some times, I think they spend most of the time just sitting there. Logic tells me that if I delelte old stuff on my PC, making it run smoother, the same might be true for a system such as this.

However, I have no idea what I am talking about here. :laugh:

Alastor? Where are you? You know about this stuff! Tell us whats happening!!!

Pleeeeeease? I'll give ya a point!!

This is the only site I have such problems. I anticipate it when I do clean my cookies, but not on days when I haven't done so.

JakesTheMan
04-02-2005, 06:26 PM
The settings in the VB3 AdminCP are using two different domains. If you login at www.denverbroncos.com the cookie is being set to that domain. When you submit a reply your browser is redirected to http://216.58.161.132/. Since cookie domains are specific and the initial sign-in cookie was set to www.denverbroncos.com a new cookie needs to be set to http://216.58.161.132/, so it asks you to login again.
It's not a local pc issue but rather one to do with admincp settings.

Alastor
04-02-2005, 06:37 PM
I don't know if it's related or not, but over the last month or so, I've noticed a few threads (Javalons B'day & NJ's promo to B/W) that when I try to open them close my browser window. Only at home, I seem to get on OK at work. Any ideas?

A couple of sigs here contain code that certain browsers will interpret as pop-up code. If your browser is among some of those then it might be shutting you down because of people's sigs. Try turning sigs off and see if that helps.

AZ Snake Fan
04-02-2005, 07:16 PM
The settings in the VB3 AdminCP are using two different domains. If you login at www.denverbroncos.com the cookie is being set to that domain. When you submit a reply your browser is redirected to http://216.58.161.132/. Since cookie domains are specific and the initial sign-in cookie was set to www.denverbroncos.com a new cookie needs to be set to http://216.58.161.132/, so it asks you to login again.
It's not a local pc issue but rather one to do with admincp settings.

. --- as i said in my post, i put URLs 216.....130, 216....132, and denverbroncos.com on my Trusted site list, and gave each site the cookie green light in my privacy settings --- you are correct about the cookie domains --- the problem is when it asks you to log in, it throws you back to the message board which is denverbroncos.com --- last sunday all of a sudden everything was working, then it went back to the problem we are having now --- az

JakesTheMan
04-02-2005, 08:44 PM
There's a number of issues it can be. I sent Jared a PM to a link for information on a possible fix.
Hope it helps.

AZ Snake Fan
04-03-2005, 02:37 PM
There's a number of issues it can be. I sent Jared a PM to a link for information on a possible fix.
Hope it helps.

. --- thanks a lot --- you're "TheMan" --- az