PDA

View Full Version : Super Mod

Snk16
03-30-2005, 09:35 AM
What's the difference between a Super Mod and a normal Mod? Do Super Mods get to ban people while normal Mods can't?

West
03-30-2005, 10:59 AM
theres only one super mod

Admin :duh:

Snk16
03-30-2005, 11:24 AM
theres only one super mod

Admin :duh:

Better check your info before you get on my case and start using the :duh: smiley.

http://web.denverbroncos.com/forums/showgroups.php?

West
03-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Its basically the same. Only Admin has the power to ban people. But I do believe Elway has the power to suspend people :confused:

Broncs Bomber
03-30-2005, 12:00 PM
You guys are FAR too perceptive (and accurate as well). Heck, I'm gonna start sending you all of my spreadsheets to review before I submit them to the boss. You'll find every screw-up I overlooked!

:cheers:

Vulcan
03-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Super Moderators can moderator every forum, while a Moderator is restricted to his/her own assigned forum(s).

Snk16
03-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Super Moderators can moderator every forum, while a Moderator is restricted to his/her own assigned forum(s).

Can the Super Mods suspend?

LiquidBlue
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
what do you think? :beer:

and then theres the "pretend mod" ahem....EMCF...lmao

Snk16
04-10-2005, 03:55 AM
what do you think? :beer:

and then theres the "pretend mod" ahem....EMCF...lmao

;) He doesn't have mod powers, just like Batman trying to be Superman. :laugh:

Peerless
04-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Im super!!!!!

Elway
04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
For the majority it is the same as the other mods. Just trying to keep the board following the rules, stepping in when needed. Admin is the big kahuna with the power. We work the ship, he's the captain. ;)

Snk16
04-14-2005, 08:40 PM
For the majority it is the same as the other mods. Just trying to keep the board following the rules, stepping in when needed. Admin is the big kahuna with the power. We work the ship, he's the captain. ;)

Yaho capiton. :laugh: Who's the first mate?

Jared
04-14-2005, 08:55 PM

I moderate every forum too.

In the case of this board, it has to do with the ability to check on any harrasment issues via PM or CP, as well as removing a questionable sig or avatar.

Snk16
04-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I moderate every forum too.

In the case of this board, it has to do with the ability to check on any harrasment issues via PM or CP, as well as removing a questionable sig or avatar.

Oh, I see. So Elway can see our PMs?

Jared
04-15-2005, 10:53 AM

I think ONLY if you had a complaint about them, he can go in and look at them..

But he cannot see them unless you give him permission to access your account.

Snk16
04-15-2005, 10:53 AM
I think ONLY if you had a complaint about them, he can go in and look at them..

But he cannot see them unless you give him permission to access your account.

I see. Thanks Jared.

Alastor
04-17-2005, 10:25 AM

Um... no... Elway can't see PMs. Neither can anyone else on this board. It requires one Hell of a hack to the source code to make that possible, or direct access to the server, plus the knowledge of how to do it.

PMs are stored on the server, such that if an event such as a death threat or something came up the police or the server host *could* retrieve the information if they needed to, but it's not easy.

I doubt anyone on this board would be able to do it on their own, including me.

Your "private messages" are stored and can be accessed, just as all things on the net are. It is NOT a simple process however and it would require an immense amount of effort and skill to do it. I assure you no one on this board is likely to have the gumption, interest or skill to invade your privacy in that manner.

In other words, your PMs are indeed private, until the cops get involved at least.

CP comments are NOT private. The staff can see those comments and who left them - even though other members cannot.

Snk16
04-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Um... no... Elway can't see PMs. Neither can anyone else on this board. It requires one Hell of a hack to the source code to make that possible, or direct access to the server, plus the knowledge of how to do it.

PMs are stored on the server, such that if an event such as a death threat or something came up the police or the server host *could* retrieve the information if they needed to, but it's not easy.

I doubt anyone on this board would be able to do it on their own, including me.

Your "private messages" are stored and can be accessed, just as all things on the net are. It is NOT a simple process however and it would require an immense amount of effort and skill to do it. I assure you no one on this board is likely to have the gumption, interest or skill to invade your privacy in that manner.

In other words, your PMs are indeed private, until the cops get involved at least.

CP comments are NOT private. The staff can see those comments and who left them - even though other members cannot.

I think that's why they're called PRIVATE Messages.

EMCF
04-17-2005, 08:52 PM
As pretend mod I think I should get special treatment of some sort, prehaps a congratulatory ham for every 100 posts? Mull it over, then send the ham.