PDA

View Full Version : Deltha, Lelie

ElwayRules
11-04-2003, 02:31 AM
Hate to do this, but I'm going to. These two stars have amazing gifts. They have been blessed with pure athleticism. I am not seeing this translate onto the football field CONSISTANTLY. I have had it. Have you folks seen, through the course of this season, how many TD's and big-time receptions are given away by Deltha? He needs to be cut...and I don't care the cost. Can you imagine that he was showboating after the return and choked but a few minutes later?!
Ashley Lelie is getting to the point where he should fight for third string (injuries permitting). He drops SO many crucial passes its not even funny. Danny Kannell is not to blame any more than Ashley "Butterfingers" Lelie. Again, how many catches sail right through his hands every given Sunday. Forgive me if its not my place, but something must be said....

Woody
11-04-2003, 05:14 AM
Lelie is and has been so overrated its disgusting. Hes got the size and speed, but hes got horrible hands. I dont know why he's #3 on the depth chart, Id much rather throw the ball to Cole who isnt anything special either.

SaskBronco
11-04-2003, 08:18 AM
After last night it is very apparant the Deltha's head is just not in the game of football. How does anyone let a free kick get by him. I believe that play and that play alone cost the Broncos the game. Instead of starting with decent field position they are pinned back at their own 16 because this idiot lets the ball go. It is time for Coach Shanahan to get rid of this guy.

SD bronco pride
11-04-2003, 09:49 AM
I still have faith in Lelie!! When Plummer was at the helm, Lelie was getting thrown the ball and making some good plays. It's just not the same offense with Kanell!! As for Deltha, I have never been a fan. He has been consistently overrated by everyone and has given up too many big plays this season. I still have lots of confidence in the Broncos, but Deltha must go!!

jbones733
11-04-2003, 10:14 AM
DELTHA"FRIGHT" O NEAL

I could not believe this guy AGAIN

been screaming about it for 3 years, they finally bench him OK & HE MANAGES TO GIVE UP A BOMB IN THE MINN GAME OK

We get him back as a punt returner & Dime/Nickel OK FIne Ill take him as a punt returner & because of a penalty he runs one back WOOOOO OK GREAT JOB.

NOW WHY DOES HE TALK TO THE CAMERA FOR 45 MINUTES UGH
OK

How can you not cathe that ball on the free kick after the saftey WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THHIS GUY I COULD NOT BELEIVE MY EYES RIGHT THERE HE SCREWED US & GAVE THEM A SHORT FIELD

THEN THEN THEN AAAAAA WHAT THE **** WAS HE DOING ON THAT LAST PLAT HORRIBLE . IT LOOKED LIKE HE HAD NOC LUE WHAT WAS GOPIN ON CLUELESS & DELTHA FRIGHT COSTS US ANOTHER GAME UNREAL DISGUSTED

it would help if Lelei could catch a pass also

DELTHA FRIGHT RANT OVER

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 10:49 AM
I still like Lelie, it is only his second year, give hime some time. I think he can be good. He has to get in sync with a QB. It's all about time.......as far as Deltha, to be honest I always liked him but what I've seen lately is very disappointing, what else is there to say. Some talented players make it, others dont. We need an all new secondary though. I dont quite understand why we havent done anything in the drafts to strengthen it. It has been a weak spot of ours for some years now.

AsianOrange
11-04-2003, 10:55 AM
I think the Defense got too soft at the end...had nothing to do with the offense. If they let frickin new England keep scoring...then they wouldn't be kept in that position.

SaskBronco
11-04-2003, 12:18 PM
I am not just talking about this game (although he was at his brutal best), it is the whole year. I don't think he should even play nickel or dime, I think it is time to cut him. I am not sure what his salary is but I am sure we can spend the money elsewhere. As far as Lelie, I think the kid still has what it takes he just needs time with one QB. Wideouts and QB are all about timing and with three different QBs he just hasn't been able to get it. I am anticipating with the return of Jake that Ashley will improve drastically (I hope).

SD bronco pride
11-04-2003, 12:28 PM
What really disappointed me about Deltha last night was the last touchdown. He didn't even make a play on the ball and that was the end!! I don't know if he's that bad or just doesn't care anymore but his level of play is unacceptable. I also agree that the defense is in need of much work. The run defense is playing extremely well, but our pass defense is horrid! We have no pass rush and the corners aren't covering very well either. Hopefully with this bye week we will figure out the problem and fix it!!

jbones733
11-04-2003, 12:45 PM
HE LOST US ANOTHER GAME FOLKS, LETS LET HIM HAVE IT

maybe were just tiredof yellin about him, i understand him