PDA

View Full Version : TD pic



rascal
11-04-2003, 12:46 PM
here are some pics of that TD. Judge for yourselves...

rascal
11-04-2003, 12:46 PM
here is the next one

rascal
11-04-2003, 12:47 PM
here is the last one....

Sorry I can't put them on 1 message.

Perry1977
11-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Doesn't get much tighter than that.

RealBronco
11-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by rascal
here are some pics of that TD. Judge for yourselves...


This is the one where he should have noticed and gotten out in front for the pick. Dammit...

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 12:50 PM
From those pics, it looks like he had pretty good coverage but Brady made a great pass. I'm not a Deltha defender. I'm just posting what I see according to the pics.

rascal
11-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Personally I think he should have been expecting them to try and throw into the endzone. But then I don't know how he can be any closer. I don't think we can blame him. My question is what about that 3rd and 10 from the 34 and they get 16 yards...what is up with that?

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by rascal
Personally I think he should have been expecting them to try and throw into the endzone. But then I don't know how he can be any closer. I don't think we can blame him. My question is what about that 3rd and 10 from the 34 and they get 16 yards...what is up with that?

My thought EXACTLY!! 3-10 and we give them a 1st down. Lame.

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Yeah but if you watch the replay slow mo, looking at them from the front, it was pretty bad coverage, those pictures dont do him the injustice he deserves on that play...........I am not a Deltha basher, in fact, I dont bash any player on the team (except Griese, I never liked him, but i digress) Deltha blew that play, just like the rest of the secondary getting blown away all night.....

Javalon
11-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
From those pics, it looks like he had pretty good coverage but Brady made a great pass. I'm not a Deltha defender. I'm just posting what I see according to the pics.

Don't worry, Deltha's not a defender either. :D

orangenblue420
11-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Don't worry, Deltha's not a defender either. :D

LMMFAO------that's a good one Javalon :D

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Don't worry, Deltha's not a defender either. :D

:D

As much as Deltha deserves smack, at least he had a TD return. Our other defenders just got punked. Why is it that our pass D has been junk for the last few years? Any thoughts?

Javalon
11-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
:D

As much as Deltha deserves smack, at least he had a TD return. Our other defenders just got punked. Why is it that our pass D has been junk for the last few years? Any thoughts?

Good question. Maybe Shanahan needs to find the Alex Gibbs of secondary coaches. A better pass rush would also make the secondary look a lot better. I almost find myself missing Greg Robinson's eternal blitzes...almost.

And, yeah, Deltha has potential as a punt returner (when he's not fumbling) but it's his cornerback skills I question. I think he's lost his aggresiveness and seems to play scared of screwing up which causes him to screw up even more. Not a good psychological state for a DB.

Pres. Al Wilson
11-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Look at that second picture though...Deltha is too far off him just staring at the receiver going for the ball lol. I don't think that you can totally blame him for that TD though because it was great pass by Brady. However, it should have NEVER EVER gotten to that point. And in that regard, Deltha DID royally screw up when he spaced out on that punt return. Not to mention everything else we have all brought up on here such as pass D and clock management during the 2nd half....etc., etc., etc.

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Our pass rush was inconsistant at times too though. At times, Brady had enough time to whip out his cell, call up Tara Reid, beg her to come back to him, and still throw and complete the pass.

BroncoCy
11-04-2003, 02:27 PM
I'm not a Deltha supporter in anyway possible, I think he needs to go somewhere else and try to find his knack there. But after seeing all of the replays of that play, I thought the coverage was there it was just a perfect route and pass combo. I honestly don't think there is 1 or 2 guys in the NFL that could of covered that play.

douceur
11-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BroncoCy
I'm not a Deltha supporter in anyway possible, I think he needs to go somewhere else and try to find his knack there. But after seeing all of the replays of that play, I thought the coverage was there it was just a perfect route and pass combo. I honestly don't think there is 1 or 2 guys in the NFL that could of covered that play.

I agree with that. There are times when the QB really makes a throw that only the receiver can catch.