PDA

View Full Version : How Should the Broncos Use Their Bye?

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 01:52 PM
What do you think the Broncos should look at/work on during their bye?

rascal
11-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Getting healthy and shanahan growing some balls.

Woody
11-04-2003, 02:00 PM
They should all be locked in their houses and not be allowed to pop their knuckles. The main thing Denver needs to work on is getting healthy.

BRONCO @ BIRTH
11-04-2003, 02:00 PM
ARE YOU REFERRING TO PUNTING IN LEU OF GOING FOR IT ON 4TH AND 4?

rascal
11-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by BRONCO @ BIRTH
ARE YOU REFERRING TO PUNTING IN LEU OF GOING FOR IT ON 4TH AND 4?

I am referring to that and the other punt. It was 4th and 3 at the 32 and we punt?? Its a touch back and they get the ball at the 20, wow a punt of 12 yards that was worth it.

broncosgrrrl
11-04-2003, 02:06 PM
Rest, Study, Heal, Clear their heads for the second half of the season. They cannot dwell on the last 4 weeks... and neither should we.

BroncoCy
11-04-2003, 02:15 PM
They should charter a flight to Cleveland and support Melo as he takes on Bron. Show some Denver pride! Orrrr...they should bring breakfeast in bed to Jake every morning hoping he heals faster. That and Deltha O'Neal better start putting in applications to Best Buy, Burger King, and McDonalds.

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Ha ha! You all are hilarious! Thanks for making this loss easier to forget about!

Mr. CSU
11-04-2003, 03:00 PM
To Get BETTER as a FOOTBALL TEAM. Remember they were in a great position last year going into their bye. Shanny just tried to milk it and get ready for the playoffs instead of making them a better football team.

JETBOATRICH
11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by rascal
I am referring to that and the other punt. It was 4th and 3 at the 32 and we punt?? Its a touch back and they get the ball at the 20, wow a punt of 12 yards that was worth it.
What sucks is we did it twice, should have went for at least one of them

Jarious17
11-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
What do you think the Broncos should look at/work on during their bye?

Just a suggestion.....Maybe Mr. Bowlen could look into finding a Head Coach that: 1. Will draft playmakers every year. 2. Sign quality free agents that WILL come here and contribute. 3. Call plays in crucial situations that will secure a win (I.E. Run the clock out instead of passing like Mike is prone to do.). 4. Not blame losses solely on injuries, like Mike has a tendancy to do.

I know it's hypothetical, but accountability has to start at the top!

Just my thoughts.

BroncoManiac_69
11-04-2003, 03:38 PM
I think they should take it easy and watch the other teams play. This will give them the itch to get back on the field.

Those Broncos that are injured need to continue healing and get back as soon as possible.

Us fans need to regroup too. Let us all chill out and relax a little bit. The stress level on these boards is growing feverishly.

GO BRONCOS!!

vegasbronco
11-04-2003, 03:39 PM
I was thinking they should all come out to Vegas and bet the season on RED.

Shanny and his play calling seem to be about that way anyhow, lets bet it all on chance and see what happens!

Maybe we should tank the rest of the season and see if we can get a better draft spot and use it to draft some DB's...

(just kidding about tanking the season, but we really do need some DB's that understand coverage) Lenny Walls is a step in the right direction, but we need more help in that area. Also maybe signing a backup QB that has not been in the league for 17 years would help.

Steve was great while he was here, but face it he aint comin back, and we dont need a guy who is old and the exact opposite of the snake when it comes to mobility.

Im not sure who is going to be available at the end of the year as a free agent, but we better get someone.

rascal
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Kanell will be 2nd string next year, and you can bet on that.
We don't need to waste money on 2nd string QB's. We need to use the money to get another dominant pass rusher (from the outside), another DB (safety or corner), a TE (sharpe is gone), and OL.

tpoole
11-04-2003, 04:04 PM
What do you think the Broncos should look at/work on during their bye? MIKE(THE COACH) SHOULD DEFINITELY RIDE CLINTON PORTIS' BACK ALL THE WAY TO PLAY OFFS. SPELL HIM WITH MIKE ANDERSON AND ROUBEN DRAUGHNS. MIKE NEEDS TO REALIZE THAT YOU MUST FIRST A ESTABLISH THE RUNNING GAME TO WIN CONSISTENTLY!!!! HE MUST ALSO NEVER THROW THE BALL AGAIN WHEN YOU ARE 3RD AND 4 WITH LESS THAN 3 MINUTES REMAINING WHEN YOU ARE IN 4 DOWN TERRITORY WIHTOUT A FIELD GOAL KICKER. COME ON MIKE, YOU ARE SMARTER THAN THAT.

chickennob2
11-04-2003, 04:05 PM
2 words:

1: HEAL

2: Pray

The big man upstairs has got to make a complete 180 for us to have a chance

chickennob2
11-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by vegasbronco
I was thinking they should all come out to Vegas and bet the season on RED.

You talkin roulette? rather than red i would bet the entire season on one number: 26

jubei
11-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
I think they should take it easy and watch the other teams play. This will give them the itch to get back on the field.

Those Broncos that are injured need to continue healing and get back as soon as possible.

Us fans need to regroup too. Let us all chill out and relax a little bit. The stress level on these boards is growing feverishly.

GO BRONCOS!!

Right on Maniac! I also think that Shanny really needs to do some soul searching about his play calling. The Minny and Balt losses were due to some poor play and bad coaching, but not running a back like Portis with under three minutes and a miniscule lead is sheer idiocy.

P.S. Its good to see So. Utah represent on the Bronco boards. Keep it up.

Elway
11-04-2003, 08:09 PM
They need to go out, leave Denver, take thier wives, girlfriends, lady of the night, whoever get freaky crazy on them and forget completey about football and their season for a week. No one is having fun out there, even when they make the plays, and it is a contributing factor, they are playing not to lose, instead of playing to win, when you play to win you take the chances on 4th down. That was ridiculous both times.

Someone should also give Deltha a trip to the mountains and let him find his own way home, no money, no phone, no clothes, no cornerback skills.

Jarious17
11-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Someone should also give Deltha a trip to the mountains and let him find his own way home, no money, no phone, no clothes, no cornerback skills. [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL......Same thing should be done with the Head Coach!

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Boy, some of you really hate Mike right now. Maybe you'd be happier if we had Deion next year? :D

Elway
11-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Boy, some of you really hate Mike right now. Maybe you'd be happier if we had Deion next year? :D

We can't get Deion, he's going to be the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. Just ask him.

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Can't say I'd want him coaching us anyway. My Broncos fanhood would be really put to the test if he were to ever become Denver's coach.

Orange&Blue
11-04-2003, 09:44 PM
So it looks like the main suggestions are:

~ Heal
~ Have fun playing
~ Mike reevaluate playcalling/plan on using Portis more

I hope that's all it takes. Even though Jake is expected to return against SD, who knows if he will. The offense might want to still practice with Kanell because the O is still anemic. Should Jake not return against SD then the Chargers will be a lot harder to take down.

Jared
11-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Elway

Someone should also give Deltha a trip to the mountains and let him find his own way home, no money, no phone, no clothes, no cornerback skills.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA