PDA

View Full Version : Pass defense so bad?? WHAT????

Mr. CSU
11-04-2003, 03:14 PM
The Broncos I believe were #1 in the league in Yards given up on the Pass on defense until last night. Don't give me 1 game means now they are horrible again.

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 03:15 PM
They did look slow and lost out there!

Mr. CSU
11-04-2003, 03:19 PM
They did not. They didn't get pressure like they have. Brady threw great passes. In the second half they struggled a bit but Brady threaded the needle on a lot of those passes thru Zones. Jashon is still unexperienced as a Pass defender as a LB. Once he learns, he will be a beast. He struggled a little with his drops. The Defense gave up 2 big plays in the 1st half, thats about it. Give Credit to Brady, he threw on the money. That pass was 60 yards hit him on the numbers for their TD. The other one to the outside hit him right in stride on the numbers. A couple passes I noticed almost hit 2 or 3 defenders hands and then hit his WR's right on target. The pass defense didn't go from great to horrible in 1 game. It happens, they just must improve and step up in the next 7 games. Or else 7 games is all they have left.

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 03:23 PM
If you wanna give credit to Brady then tell peopel to stop bashing Deltha Oneal he doesnt deserve that much blame it WAS a great throw! Walls and Herndon on the other hand just got left

rascal
11-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
If you wanna give credit to Brady then tell peopel to stop bashing Deltha Oneal he doesnt deserve that much blame it WAS a great throw! Walls and Herndon on the other hand just got left

True my friend, so very true. Of course, there is that free kick we could always discuss again. LOL.

spikerman
11-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Has anyone else noticed that when the Broncos throw the ball there is usually a defender there to either hit the receiver as soon as the ball is caught or the Broncs QB has to thread the needle? Contrast that with what I see on my tv. When the other team throws the ball, the receiver catches it and there isn't a Bronco anywhere in the picture. This happens more with Denver than with any other team I've seen.

Is it scheme? Is it coaching? The players change, but the trend continues.

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 03:28 PM
I know just what you are talking about thast one of the things i get mad about. its like they are cheating

Bronco_In_AUS
11-04-2003, 03:56 PM
the broncos pass D is good against 5-15yrd plays ..... but we keep getting burned deep .. do we need more speed at the corners ?? im not losing hope just yet .... we have to win 5/6 of the next 7 .... its going to be very tough

Hoss
11-04-2003, 04:18 PM
I tend to agree that the pass D is not up to par. There have been some bad plays on balls this year. Deltha has been getting beat. I do agree that there wasn't really much he could have done on that play, but he doesn't come up big when he needs to. I'm the last to get on a Bronco for their play but he hasn't done it this year. The runback was nice, but if he's going to be at CB, he needs to make some plays.

It wasn't only Deltha though. Everyone got burned. I haven't seen that many wide open catches in the middle of the field in a long time! Next year that secondary really needs some help. I think the current players would be fine if we got one really big name in there to cover the other team's primary receiver. A move needs to be made. They were hoping Deltha would become that guy, but it hasn't happened.

Aardwolf
11-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr. CSU
The Broncos I believe were #1 in the league in Yards given up on the Pass on defense until last night. Don't give me 1 game means now they are horrible again.

You can believe any fool thing you want but they were certainly not #1 and yards is not even the important factor.

You may have noticed that POINTS is what they keep track of.

Points determine who wins or loses and the fact of the matter is that only 8 teams have given up more passing POINTS than the Broncos have this season.

Return of Lava
11-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Hoss
I think the current players would be fine if we got one really big name in there to cover the other team's primary receiver. A move needs to be made. What if we could pick up Charles Woodson? He will be a free agent and it will be payback for Romo going to Oak.

JED Bronco
11-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by spikerman
Has anyone else noticed that when the Broncos throw the ball there is usually a defender there to either hit the receiver as soon as the ball is caught or the Broncs QB has to thread the needle? Contrast that with what I see on my tv. When the other team throws the ball, the receiver catches it and there isn't a Bronco anywhere in the picture. This happens more with Denver than with any other team I've seen.

Is it scheme? Is it coaching? The players change, but the trend continues.

Either the routes suck, the QB is late, or more than likely the other team has real NFL CB's and Safeties!! Look at almost all the good (500 +) teams and you'll see good coverage!

I saw a great camera shot last night on a reply...that new camera angle. It showed the 5 Defense Backs frozen like trees as the receiver caught the ball wide open in the middle of them.

I posted it last night but few have answered. I guess few saw it!

JED Bronco
11-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr. CSU

No way!! number 1!!! No Way!!!

The forest zone I call it. (trees don't move) Hand offs and shadowing are normal in the NFL but not in Denver!!!

Elway
11-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Fact is Brady torched the secondary with two big pass plays. On his first three completions he has over 100 yards. We bit twice on the big pass, and then as is out Motif in final minutes of the half and game, we let up a big play. This time a big return with 24 seconds in the half to give the a field goal, and at the end when we gave up the go ahead score.

Shades of the Minnesota, not playing a full 60 minutes and giving up something big at the end of the half.

Thats what killed us last year in Baltimore - 107 yd return
Miami - missed int that led to winning field goal
Indy - let them set up 2 50+ fgs, one to tie, one to win.