PDA

View Full Version : I noticed this

Snk16
04-12-2005, 02:50 PM
All of the benchwarmers are people who post in Anything but Football most of the time! Funny, I don't think the people in Talkin' Smack and General Discussions and all the other forums grasp the CP system.

EddyMac87
04-12-2005, 02:52 PM
i didn't get it till about a month after it came out... :coffee:

The Dark Knight
04-12-2005, 02:57 PM
All of the benchwarmers are people who post in Anything but Football most of the time! Funny, I don't think the people in Talkin' Smack and General Discussions and all the other forums grasp the CP system.

I don't think the regulars there are using it much.

And if they are, then it's probably just a pissing contest and they don't want to reward anyone for making a better point then they did.

I don't know.

I reward anyone for good posting.

I know there's some posters that don't want to give me any points just because I've been at the top since the begining. I don't really care but I think that type of behavior is what is prevalent in General Discussions. We're more of a happy family down here in Anything but Football.

Snk16
04-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I've had my opinions of General Discussions posted already so I don't need to. But I still post there to catch up on the Broncos.

BVP
04-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Whenever I go there, I will give out a point or 2.

West
04-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Eh i dont use the system anymore. Its overrated and makes the whole board pretty stupid.. Just my .02

EddyMac87
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Eh i dont use the system anymore. Its overrated and makes the whole board pretty stupid.. Just my .02
i actually kinda agree...there are guys out there who will make another username to give themselves cs points...i do still use it though

BVP
04-12-2005, 03:30 PM
i actually kinda agree...there are guys out there who will make another username to give themselves cs points...i do still use it though

I think it is stupid to make other screen names just to get CP. I like the old way of earning what you get.

West
04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
or would do anything to get 1 stupid CP point. It makes the board stupid like i said

BVP
04-12-2005, 03:33 PM
or would do anything to get 1 stupid CP point. It makes the board stupid like i said

It isnt that stupid. I think it is a way to reward the people who make good posts. And it makes the board funner, to try to earn as many points as possible.

West
04-12-2005, 03:35 PM
What if no ever makes good posts and get points overwise? Now thats stupid

BVP
04-12-2005, 03:38 PM
What if no ever makes good posts and get points overwise? Now thats stupid

Lots of people make good posts, and EARN them.

West
04-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Not all of them :goofy:

GridironChamp
04-12-2005, 03:43 PM
There needs to be a way that you have to give someone some points every now and then. Like every so many posts you make or so many threads visited something to make the system work otherwise if its used its like a popularity contest. :D

Snk16
04-12-2005, 03:46 PM
There needs to be a way that you have to give someone some points every now and then. Like every so many posts you make or so many threads visited something to make the system work otherwise if its used its like a popularity contest. :D

They have a system like that. You have to spread it around to 9 other people before going back to them.

2 Minute Warning
04-12-2005, 04:01 PM
I would like to be able to give out more than 5 :ugh: per day. And yes I notice those in General also :D

JWinn
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I would like to be able to give out more than 5 :ugh: per day. And yes I notice those in General also :D

I do too. I give them out for good posts in any forum. It seems to me the hard core people in GD are only here to talk football and dont really care about the system. They probably never even look at their "score".

However, a few of them certianly use it. Some of them are even close to getting to the bench.

Reading thru this thread, I have a few comments;

It's not supposed to be a contest guys. There is no prize at the end. It's moronic to make posts solely for the purpose of getting these points. Mentioning them in your sig or avatar, to me, is screaming "Dont give them to me!". Even some posts that I like wont get a point from me simply because the poster has some mention of it, begging or demading them. Not always, but many times.

I have hated this system, and liked it. I talk about it with others, and even compare scores with them from time to time. I will happily make threads when I notice someone getting a new bar, and congratulate people for rising up.

It's here, and I see no reason not to use it right now. There are some fun aspects to it.

But jeez guys, it's not the reason you are here, is it? Would anyone leave the boards if we didnt have this system? Or if they took it away tomorrow? I doubt it. Nobody signed up so they could get these points, did they?

if we all just used it, stopped worrying so much about it, stopped begging for them, I think the system would work the way it was intended.

A little ego boost for those who earn the respect of others. A notice of the lack of respect for those with few points. If they care to bother to look.......

BVP
04-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I do too. I give them out for good posts in any forum. It seems to me the hard core people in GD are only here to talk football and dont really care about the system. They probably never even look at their "score".

However, a few of them certianly use it. Some of them are even close to getting to the bench.

Reading thru this thread, I have a few comments;

It's not supposed to be a contest guys. There is no prize at the end. It's moronic to make posts solely for the purpose of getting these points. Mentioning them in your sig or avatar, to me, is screaming "Dont give them to me!". Even some posts that I like wont get a point from me simply because the poster has some mention of it, begging or demading them. Not always, but many times.

I have hated this system, and liked it. I talk about it with others, and even compare scores with them from time to time. I will happily make threads when I notice someone getting a new bar, and congratulate people for rising up.

It's here, and I see no reason not to use it right now. There are some fun aspects to it.

But jeez guys, it's not the reason you are here, is it? Would anyone leave the boards if we didnt have this system? Or if they took it away tomorrow? I doubt it. Nobody signed up so they could get these points, did they?

if we all just used it, stopped worrying so much about it, stopped begging for them, I think the system would work the way it was intended.

A little ego boost for those who earn the respect of others. A notice of the lack of respect for those with few points. If they care to bother to look.......

Just because of this logical post, I am taking it out of my signature.

JWinn
04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Just because of this logical post, I am taking it out of my signature.

I would just ask those of you who have mention of it on a permanent basis to think about it looks to the rest of us. I mean really, would all of you who have given me points done so if I begged for them? Or demanded them?

Although it is a popularity thing for some people, it's about respect for others.

Alastor
04-19-2005, 11:26 AM
i actually kinda agree...there are guys out there who will make another username to give themselves cs points...

Not a good idea. This system can track that.

Snk16
04-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Not a good idea. This system can track that.

That's freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Peerless
04-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Wow? Are you kidding me?

Snk16
04-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Wow? Are you kidding me?

I wouldn't be surprised. Just a suspicion but O&B420 got to benchwarmer without any posts for a while.

Alastor
04-24-2005, 02:39 AM
It's really not my place to comment, but I do know that after the system was up and running, I tracked it for quite a while.

I can personally attest to the fact that at least while I was in the system, neither OB420 nor DarkKnight set off any warning bells - and they were clearly ahead of the pack almost right from the start and by no small amount. I think I watched the system for at least three weeks after it was up and running (if I recall right) and saw no signs of abuse from either of them.

Since then the staff has been watching the system. It's not something that's been ignored (to the best of my knowledge).

There are members of this board who use multiple aliases - certainly - but they are easy to identify and at least the last time I was part of any of the nuts and bolts, the staff was aware of who they were and what to look for.

The only reason I'm even bothering to address this is because I think it's unfair to point an accusitory finger at someone and essentially "call them out" when in fact, there's nothing hokey there at all (or wasn't the last time I was able to see it at least).

There is some hokey stuff that goes on, but I'm confident the staff is aware of it, and I can vouch for the fact that when the system was finally ready to be left alone - OB420 had earned every point she got.

Snk16
04-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Thanks Alastor.