PDA

View Full Version : Do We Want RUMOR MILL?

Peerless
04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Im not bashing the mod's for making it, but it is pretty useless. Nothing is a rumor. i was wondering what everyone else thought of it, and maybe what we could put there instead.

MODS PLEASE STICKY THIS!

Milehigh117
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree, all of the actual rumors end up in the general discussion section anyway. The only thing that appears in the rumor mill is tabloids and jokes. I say we should keep it but change the name to something other than rumor mill.

BVP
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I agree, Rumor Hill is stupid, since all of the Ideas are way out of hand, and all of the trades are so unrealistic. I think it is a waste.

Peerless
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I agree, all of the actual rumors end up in the general discussion section anyway. The only thing that appears in the rumor mill is tabloids and jokes. I say we should keep it but change the name to something other than rumor mill.

good idea... but it should there should be evidence..... not just someone making up a rumor.

Peerless
04-12-2005, 03:48 PM

Good idea..... It should be a web page as a joke not someone making up the rumor.

Snk16
04-12-2005, 03:55 PM
No................................................ ..

Peerless
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
What else would we put up? Other Sports?

ludo
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
most people bash anything that comes onto the general discussion page...

so i think ppl should be able to express their thoughts at the rumor mill spot//

why is this an issue anyway??

Krugan
04-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Think of it this way, if not in the rumor mill it would be in GD and we all would have to weed through that stuff. Leave it where it is, if for nothing else, a place to dump bad threads.

GridironChamp
04-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Whats the big deal about having a rumor mill? :confused: If you dont like the rumors being posted just dont look at them, they dont hurt you and if they are in the rumor mill chances are they are not true!!! :duh:

Peerless
04-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Exactly..... So why have it? People are just trying to add a post and add to there total. It's all about stats on this board these days. "O i have the most # of post".

I like the idea of a thread dumper........... Or an Idea to keep FAMOUS THREADS?

LoufromLItt.
04-12-2005, 04:05 PM
The rumor mill is a good place for me to relay my dove valley info.. I also have another source who is a gardener at mike shanahan's mansion.. he here's a bunch of talk about us trading up to grab braylon edwards and mike williams.

Ps .. keep the rumor mill for what it is!! The Closest thing to the truth on this board! :beer:

Peerless
04-12-2005, 04:07 PM
The rumor mill is a good place for me to relay my dove valley info.. I also have another source who is a gardener at mike shanahan's mansion.. he here's a bunch of talk about us trading up to grab braylon edwards and mike williams.

Ps .. keep the rumor mill for what it is!! The Closest thing to the truth on this board! :beer:

Well if the draft is what you want to talk about, put that info under 2005 Draft/FA.

Peerless
04-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Can i get a sticky please?

LoufromLItt.
04-12-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't see why this would get a sticky though.. the rumor mill is based on rumors:

Here's dictionary.com's definition of a rumor:
A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.

Unverified... if the rumors were verified, it would be called... The Fact Mill.

wncbronxx
04-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Im not bashing the mod's for making it, but it is pretty useless. Nothing is a rumor. I was wondering what everyone else thought of it, and maybe what we could put there instead.

MODS PLEASE STICKY THIS!

keep it, its all good

BVP
04-12-2005, 04:42 PM
What else would we put up? Other Sports?

Good Idea! Other Sports, Other Sports, Other Sports! :beer:

Bellthebest
04-12-2005, 05:02 PM
the rumor mill is so stupid..it actually used to be not all that bad....;.i dont know what happened.....

take it out..or make it useul and make it into sumthing else

Elway
04-12-2005, 06:39 PM
There are others who feel the same about other thread sections here, We are a Broncos board, why have a section about other teams? If we are supposed to be a football board why have a anything but section?

Different people like different things about the board. If we did get rid of the rumor section, the that is put here, would still be, but it would just be clgging up the general discussion thread.

Just my opinion.

Snk16
04-13-2005, 12:25 PM
There are others who feel the same about other thread sections here, We are a Broncos board, why have a section about other teams? If we are supposed to be a football board why have a anything but section?

Different people like different things about the board. If we did get rid of the rumor section, the that is put here, would still be , but it would just be clgging up the general discussion thread.

Just my opinion.

Makes sense. :beer:

Peerless
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
So Mod's, what do you think?

Snk16
04-13-2005, 01:45 PM
So Mod's, what do you think?

Different people like different things about the board. If we did get rid of the rumor section, the that is put here, would still be , but it would just be clgging up the general discussion thread.

Just my opinion.

^^^

:cheeky: :D

West
04-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Of course we want it. It gives us some humor when we're all tense about the team to then read about Al Davis rumored to have mold coming off of him hes so old.

OF COURSE WE WANT IT!

wncbronxx
04-14-2005, 02:23 AM

Just my opinion.

Always the wise ole owl Elway. Someone must lead the sheep?
:D

OrangeShadow
07-17-2005, 05:14 AM
no one actually posts real rumors 95% of the time. Most are just completely out of this world.

FanFromMichigan
07-17-2005, 09:26 AM
We should keep Rumor Mill just so that the rumors stay out of General Discussions.

OrangeShadow
07-17-2005, 06:22 PM
thats a valid point

Peerless
07-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Again, I posted this thread before. :coffee:

Southstander
07-18-2005, 06:19 PM
I agree, it is a waste of Server space