PDA

View Full Version : Will Ed be back next year for one more shot?

PutzierChic06
11-04-2003, 04:46 PM
This injury seems to be bothering him and there is even talk of him not being able to return this season..

I couldn't imagine Ed wanting to go out of his carreer with such a bad season liket his w/out giving another try at least one more time. I think if he doesn't play again this season he'll be back.. but if he comes back feelin good after the bye and has a great second half of the season.. he may retire.

:( We miss you Easy Ed!

Return of Lava
11-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Its all up to eddie! he will always have a spot on the team though

PutzierChic06
11-06-2003, 03:57 PM
I really hope so. Its gonna be real sad when he retires. I hope he comes back for one more year and I'll be happy. :D

Return of Lava
11-06-2003, 05:24 PM
i dont see him retiring unless we win the superowl this year

Alone Bronco
11-07-2003, 01:54 AM
I miss seeing Ed out on the field. I feel he is the greatest. He plays as I did in High school and Collage before I went out injured. I know how it feels to want to be out there and you just can't. He is too strong of willed and heart and if his bnody allows him he will be back. No one will ever play as he did and no one will be as great as he is.

NameUsedBefore
11-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Its pretty iffy, I'd like to see him come back as maybe a receiver coach.

MrSifter86
11-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Receiver coach? That would be interesting. I'd like to see him come back next season, and the one after that, but he's gonna retire eventually. Him becoming a coach would be cool. I wanted to see Elway come back and coach, but he didn't. I guess we'll find out sooner or later(preferably later;))

Aardwolf
11-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Give it up! McCaffery is finished. I'm surprised that he even made the team. Ed is washed up.

Fat Joe
11-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Eds the freakin man. Who remebers that opener on Monday night the year after Elway retired (i think) that Ed broke his leg on like the opening drive and still held on to the ball? Hmm? Who remebers that one? I sure do.

Alone Bronco
11-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Amen Brother. He held the ball, he held his composure and he showed everyone how the game is to be played. Look at another team (Raiders) their team is in all kinds of tears and complains about injuries and they are not even off as bad a Ed was. He came back and he is playing well. How can you say your a Bronco Aardwolf and not respect and support Ed. Remember his 101 catch season. He can still do it because no one, no one espcially with as little pads as he wears, will go over the middle and make the catch like Ed would, does, and will. Rethink about Ed.

Grome
11-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Ed is i think one of the best recievers in the league... if u pass the pall within 3 ft of him, he makes the catch. I have not seen him miss alot of balls that were reasonably thrown to him.

PutzierChic06
11-12-2003, 02:39 PM
I hope he comes back. Looks like its goin on his 5th straight game not playing because of that tear in his quad. :( He has to come back. I feel confident that he will.. but it is iffy. Just gotta keep prayin for him. Hes still, and always will be my favorite Bronco. :)

Its goin to kill me when he leaves. :(

goodluv4Broncos
11-13-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Fat Joe
Eds the freakin man. Who remebers that opener on Monday night the year after Elway retired (i think) that Ed broke his leg on like the opening drive and still held on to the ball? Hmm? Who remebers that one? I sure do. I remember that game. He went high for the ball and was hit with a bad hard block, but like you said he took the lick and kept the ball, theres none like him. Eddie M is a dam great wide receiver and anyone who doesn't think so, well F**k emm if they can't take the brilliance of our team players, its a true adage when you know someone is good and you hate to admit it only means that you're mad cause you didn't get handed his talents. Fat Joe we all remember. Well the true Bronco Fans that is. The rest of these little pee ons you just try and look over them cause geeezas what they are talking about, is just NOTHING, cause they don't no Jack sh*t and whats more they will never know Jack sh*t !!!!!! Eddie Mac will be in the hall of fame for his hands that everybody thinks he glues when he comes on the field.Really all you have to do is just put a ball in his direction and he'll catch it and hold on to it. LMAO

goodluv4Broncos
11-13-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Alone Bronco
Amen Brother. He held the ball, he held his composure and he showed everyone how the game is to be played. Look at another team (Raiders) their team is in all kinds of tears and complains about injuries and they are not even off as bad a Ed was. He came back and he is playing well. How can you say your a Bronco Aardwolf and not respect and support Ed. Remember his 101 catch season. He can still do it because no one, no one espcially with as little pads as he wears, will go over the middle and make the catch like Ed would, does, and will. Rethink about Ed. AMEN Alone you are so right!!! Do you really think aardvark oops I mean wolf is a Bronco fan? Hummm couldn't prove it by me the way he's in here hating on all of them not just one but all of our team members thumbs down on him he's no true Bronco fan, I would say he's more a faider and kc fan. As far as him rethinking anhything don't wait on him it won't happen, he luvs being rude and nasty about the Broncos like he's got a special vendetta for them he would really like to see them down instead of up!!!!!!!

orangenblue420
11-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Fat Joe
Eds the freakin man. Who remebers that opener on Monday night the year after Elway retired (i think) that Ed broke his leg on like the opening drive and still held on to the ball? Hmm? Who remebers that one? I sure do.

I was at that game, broke my mutherf'n heart.............he hasnt been the same since :(

As much as I love me some Eddie, I think time is up, it was that injury that did him in, just like TD, and who knows Mobley and Gold.......................

Why do you curse us so???????????????

P.S. I have never seen anyone ever play the middle of the field so well and take so many damn hits, Eddie is a trooper, thanks to f'n Griese, he got way to battered and it shortened a great career

PutzierChic06
11-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Why was it Gresie's fault? At least the damn guy threw to him.. Jake doesnt even look his way and folks blame it on Ed and how hes not getting open. Hes open a lot of the time but Jake doesnt want to look his way. As soon as Ed is healthy I hope Ed gets a lot more reps.

As for not being the same.. he almost matched his stats for over 1000 yrds. He had 900+.. thats pretty good.

orangenblue420
11-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Well i certainly wont argue with his #1 fan, I was just going by what I've seen, I dont think he has what he had before his injury.................and of all people who should dislike Griese it should be Ed's #1 fan...............how many freakin times was Ed hung out to dry with Griese's shtty passes, including the one that broke his leg.......Eddie always had to put himself out on a limb to catch most passes thrown to him. And as far as Jake not throwing him the ball, Jake has only played 5 games with the Broncos, not much of a chance their to build a solid QB/rcvr relationship, dontcha think. Not to mention its not Jake calling the plays its Shanny and the O coord, so blame them for not getting Eddie the ball, not Jake

PutzierChic06
11-14-2003, 02:09 PM
I know Gresie threw some ****ty passes.. but the great thing about em.. Ed actually caught them. :)

I am not blamming it all on Jake either. I am just sick of Bronco fans saying that he is done and worthless when he can do so much if the coaches and staff and QB give him the chance. :)

No hard feelings. I'm not tryin to be a smart ass. I just really admire Ed.

Cara_Bella
11-16-2003, 12:58 PM
I hope he comes back i love him he is my Fav Bronco of all time!!!!! Please Eddie dont leave us.

And yes he can catch anything!!!

Bronco Benny
11-20-2003, 06:26 AM
Eddie Mac is one of my all time favorite Bronco's, I hope he doesn't retire after this year because I think he can still do it for at least one more. And if he does decide not to play, then hopefully he will stay with the Broncos in some capacity like coaching. Eddie Mac is loved by the players, coaches and fans so surley he will always have a place with Denver if he wants it. I for one, will be wearing my #87 jersey for years to come.

chiliD
11-20-2003, 05:42 PM
There's one guy out there I wish the Broncos would go after when McCaffrey's career winds down...Joe Jurivicius of TB...the way he plays reminds so much of #87. I would hope the Broncos would get him while Ed's still around so Joe could pick up a tip or two from "da mastah". :)

edmccaffrey87
11-23-2003, 08:14 AM
I think Ed should take the rest of the regular season off to recuperate, and come back for playoffs, if healthy. I think(and hope) he'll come back because I think he can still be productive when healthy.

edmccaffrey87
11-23-2003, 08:17 AM
"Give it up! McCaffery is finished. I'm surprised that he even made the team. Ed is washed up."

I just wanted to tell Aardwolf he doesnt have a clue what he's talking about.

goodluv4Broncos
11-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by McCaffreyFan03
This injury seems to be bothering him and there is even talk of him not being able to return this season..

I couldn't imagine Ed wanting to go out of his carreer with such a bad season liket his w/out giving another try at least one more time. I think if he doesn't play again this season he'll be back.. but if he comes back feelin good after the bye and has a great second half of the season.. he may retire.

:( We miss you Easy Ed! McCaffreyFan, last I heard he was questionable for today's game which means, he can take the field and play, in this case I pray he is well. Now Eddie Mac get out their and strut your stuff, you know you are one of the best. He will be back before this season is over Yippie Ky yea!!!!!!!:cheers:

goodluv4Broncos
11-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by McCaffreyFan03
Why was it Gresie's fault? At least the damn guy threw to him.. Jake doesnt even look his way and folks blame it on Ed and how hes not getting open. Hes open a lot of the time but Jake doesnt want to look his way. As soon as Ed is healthy I hope Ed gets a lot more reps.

As for not being the same.. he almost matched his stats for over 1000 yrds. He had 900+.. thats pretty good. McFan now don't read anything into Eddie Mac not getting the ball.....#1- 3/4 of the time Denver establish the run, so henceforth the ball isn't in the air that much, unless they can't establish the run then it's in the air. I'm sure when Eddie comes back hopefully today he will handle a few calls to him, but lets not crucify our QB he can only do what he can do, every QB has a favorite, just so happens his favorite is another great Shannon S., our team has a rythmn among themselves, they are not glory getters and certainly don't have the big heads ie K Johnson, P Holmes, need I say more? They insist that the QB's through to them, but look what happened to KJ no team and no more yards for the rest of the season, WOW didn't he screw himself? Dam I know he did, and he does too. LMAO at all the Big Heads they are so gullable. :p