PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Going to Do on the Bye?



Orange&Blue
11-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Since our team isn't playing this weekend, what are you going to do with yourself on Sunday? Are you going to watch other teams play or do something else? I'm not sure what I'll do because watching other teams isn't nearly as exciting. If I watch, here are the games that sound mildly interesting:

Tampa@Carolina
Miami@Tenn
Clevland@KC

I'm not sure if they'll be aired in Denver though.

EddiMac87
11-05-2003, 10:02 PM
I'll definitely be checking out the KC/Cleveland game. Who knows, maybe this is the proverbial "any given Sunday"

Jared
11-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Since our team isn't playing this weekend, what are you going to do with yourself on Sunday? Are you going to watch other teams play or do something else? I'm not sure what I'll do because watching other teams isn't nearly as exciting. If I watch, here are the games that sound mildly interesting:

Tampa@Carolina
Miami@Tenn
Clevland@KC

I'm not sure if they'll be aired in Denver though.

Mildly interesting?

number 3 should be an easy win.

But the first two have serious playoff implications, especially the Miami-Tenn game, because its in the Broncos conference. I would imagine that they have some very good to great potential.

BroncoCy
11-05-2003, 10:50 PM
On Saturday I'm going to the Iowa State vs KState game...so after the beat down the Cyclones will more than likely take(rough times to be a football fan for me :( ) I plan on drinking myself to sleep to wake up hopefully to the Tenn vs Miami game. Who knows...my luck I'll end up with something like last weeks Bengles vs Cards thriller. Feel sorry for me yet? :)

Jared
11-05-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by BroncoCy
On Saturday I'm going to the Iowa State vs KState game...so after the beat down the Cyclones will more than likely take(rough times to be a football fan for me :( ) I plan on drinking myself to sleep to wake up hopefully to the Tenn vs Miami game. Who knows...my luck I'll end up with something like last weeks Bengles vs Cards thriller. Feel sorry for me yet? :)

Could be worse, you coul dbe watching the sad downfall of JoePa at Penn State.

yes, he has earned the right to say when he quits, but its not his playcalling, it his players. He just can't seem to recruit em anymore.

I dunno, I think its harder when a program has a proud tradition and falls from grace.


Unless it is Miami or Nebraska. LOL!

joking...Calm down y'all well, joking about Nebraska at least....

Bronco_In_AUS
11-05-2003, 11:00 PM
this is going to be the longest 10 days ever .... one game i will def keep an eye on is miami v tenn .... it looks like we ill be fighting for wildcards with these guys ... should be a good game ... i think the titans will get them tho .....

BroncoCy
11-05-2003, 11:04 PM
I agree with you on the JoePa front. I feel so sorry for the guy, especially after this past weekends screw job against Ohio State. JoePa is a stubborn guy and I just don't see him leaving after this year. If he knows whats best for Penn State he'll step down but if he doesn't...well this year will look like next year for PSU. I also read somewhere that he only has two jobs as the head coach now. #1 Script the FIRST offensive play and #2 is to stay around and try to impress recruits with his presese. I don't think recruits care much anymore...

Orange&Blue
11-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Jared
Mildly interesting?

number 3 should be an easy win.

But the first two have serious playoff implications, especially the Miami-Tenn game, because its in the Broncos conference. I would imagine that they have some very good to great potential.
I just don't have an emotional stake in any team other than the Broncos, so they're just not as entertaining to me. "Mildly interesting" might have been an understatement though. The wait to the next Bronco game is going to feel like forever.

FYI: This weekend's other games:
Falcons@Giants
Cards@Steelers
Seahawks@Redskins
Colts@Jags
Texans@Bengals
Bears@Lions
Viks@Chargers
Jets@Raiders
Bills@Cowboys
Ravens@Rams
MNF: Eagles@Pack

Javalon
11-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Well, Sunday is my only day off each week. The wife is always very understanding of my need to watch the Broncos. We were going to catch a flick last weekend but the damn car broke down. So, this weekend I think we'll go see "Matrix Revolutions" and "School of Rock." Double up on movies and grab a bite to eat. Anybody seen Revolutions yet?

Hopefully, I won't even notice the lack of Broncos. I love this time of year and the bye week always seems to last forever. Especially this season coming off that heartbreaker to the Pats.

Orange&Blue
11-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Well, Sunday is my only day off each week. The wife is always very understanding of my need to watch the Broncos. We were going to catch a flick last weekend but the damn car broke down. So, this weekend I think we'll go see "Matrix Revolutions" and "School of Rock." Double up on movies and grab a bite to eat. Anybody seen Revolutions yet?

Hopefully, I won't even notice the lack of Broncos. I love this time of year and the bye week always seems to last forever. Especially this season coming off that heartbreaker to the Pats.

I want to go see Matrix but I might wait until the hype dies down a little. I bet this weekend, unless you arrive at the theatre early, you could end up sitting front row and catching a psychedelic color show.

BroncoCy
11-05-2003, 11:45 PM
I saw Revolutions tongiht. Badass. Be prepared for the last half hour...pretty shocking! Enjoy, I sure did!

jafrfiest
11-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by BroncoCy
On Saturday I'm going to the Iowa State vs KState game...so after the beat down the Cyclones will more than likely take(rough times to be a football fan for me :( ) I plan on drinking myself to sleep to wake up hopefully to the Tenn vs Miami game. Who knows...my luck I'll end up with something like last weeks Bengles vs Cards thriller. Feel sorry for me yet? :)


Man I go to Iowa State and I got way more pride in the clones than you do. I guess you are a broncos fan

Broncofan-13
11-06-2003, 04:01 AM
I got fb practice on saturday, and a scrimmage on sunday, so I might be home for the games. If not, oh well.

BroncoCy
11-06-2003, 10:23 AM
"Man I go to Iowa State and I got way more pride in the clones than you do. I guess you are a broncos fan"

Sorry dude...I love ISU as much as the next guy but I'm also pretty realistic. Iowa State has beaten Ohio U and N. Iowa this year and have had it handed to them every other game this year, not even close. BTW...what makes you think you have more pride in them than me when I just said I thought they'd get beat this weekend?

Arab Bronco
11-06-2003, 10:47 AM
i'm going to watch a friendly game of basketball between the U.S. Forces and the Qatar troops, but i'll probably be listening to the miami Vs. tenn game on interent radio at the same time. IF the fish lose then we'll be the sixth seed in the AFC. with plummer back after the bye, i think we got a fairly good shot of staying at that (i hope)

bronco30
11-06-2003, 11:12 AM
def. need tenn 2 beat the dolphins and the bills to lose....those are 2 teams denver will b fighting the last playoff spot for.

LawDog
11-06-2003, 12:01 PM
KC abomination, your mother must be so proud...

BroncoCy
11-06-2003, 12:03 PM
KC needs to put the bottle/needles away and go back to his board and talk about the fact they will lose ATLEAST 3 games this year. Mark it down.

orang/blu in LA
11-06-2003, 12:09 PM
Sunday ...i do like watching the other games, so I'll probably spend a good deal of time trying to put hexes on Miami and KC (LOL)... and then spend the rest of the day flipping between games. oh, and i'm sure i'll spend some time trying to figure out how my boss, who has three cars already and a ton of money, just won a brand new car in a raffle last night. sorry, had to vent about that. the rich just get richer, don't they?! :)