PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard

pikman
11-05-2003, 02:42 PM
OK it is now time to deal with reality folks. Last season 9-7 earned Cleveland a wildcard spot in the playoffs. Having a look at the sched after the bye we should reasonably assume that 9-7 or 10-6 will be the final results. Looking at who we lost to and who we've beaten I think the chances are quite good. 3 of our 4 losses are to division leaders and the other is to an NFC team.The big question???? Will it be enough this year to earn the wild-card. Let me know what you think?

Mer
11-05-2003, 02:47 PM
If you were in the NFC, I'd think sure.

AFC? Definitly going to need 10 or 11.

LawDog
11-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Don't be so sure there Mer... As of now the only contenders for the wildcard are Miami, Tenn, and the Broncos. Tenn will most likely be in so it comes down to us and Miami. The fish have had problems of their own and unless Buffalo goes on a tear, 9 wins just might be enough to get to the post season.

LawDog
11-05-2003, 03:04 PM
I referred to it as a tear because they've got Indy, Giants, Tenn, Miami and the Patriots on the schedule so I think they would have to be on a hot streak to prevail in the majority of those games.

Thanks tho'

pikman
11-05-2003, 03:05 PM
I agree the Titans will most likely earn one, but the most exciting race will be the wildcard. All of the division leaders except Baltimore are running away with it.

Mer
11-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by LawDog
Don't be so sure there Mer... As of now the only contenders for the wildcard are Miami, Tenn, and the Broncos. Tenn will most likely be in so it comes down to us and Miami. The fish have had problems of their own and unless Buffalo goes on a tear, 9 wins just might be enough to get to the post season.

You know it's funny. Kansas City, Titans, and the Colts have the easier schedules the second half.

Buffalo, Miami, and Denver have the comparitivly toughies.

Looking at those 3 schedules, you're right. I suppose it is possible that one of you will win the Wild Card with 9 wins.

LawDog
11-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by pikman
I agree the Titans will most likely earn one, but the most exciting race will be the wildcard. All of the division leaders except Baltimore are running away with it.

Maybe we could petition Tagliabue to waive the automatic for division leaders if no one is above .500. Let's just have three wildcards!

pikman
11-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by LawDog
Maybe we could petition Tagliabue to waive the automatic for division leaders if no one is above .500. Let's just have three wildcards!

Starting to look like the american league.