PDA

View Full Version : Holding Out For A Hero.....

Mazdavi
11-05-2003, 04:55 PM
I have given much thought about the game on Monday night. The Broncos seemed to have had the game in their pockets - all the way up until the last few minutes! It was theirs for the taking - so I thought! After the game was over, all I could do was see was RED! I was so angry! I *****ed, moaned and carried on until I went to bed. The next day I went to work, and grumbled some more to my co-workers. One of my co-workers even went so far as to label me a "Fair Weather Fan". I reminded him that I have been a Die Hard Fan for over 21 years now. I told him that I was just upset about them losing, when they should have won! Well this morning I gave it some more thought....and realized that Shanahan really did the very BEST that he could, considering what he had to work with. And our beat up Defense did their best too, considering. Considering that he was using a 3rd string QB against a Patriot Defense that made it obvious that they couldn't stop the Run. There are so many "what if's". The reality of it all is....the game is behind us now! Kanell did the best that he could. Portis had a very nice game. Our Secondary just couldn't keep up with Patriot's Passing Game. Need we be reminded that this is a rebuilding year for the Broncos? A little more Fine Tuning, and our team will be Super Bowl contenders again! All we can hope for is to get Plummer and All the rest of our injured players back to health again. At least we can say this...we aren't the Raiders....and we sure as hell ain't the Chargers! Now those 2 teams give their fans something worth being angry about! Go Broncos!!

Javalon
11-05-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Mazdavi
I have given much thought about the game on Monday night. The Broncos seemed to have had the game in their pockets - all the way up until the last few minutes! It was theirs for the taking - so I thought! After the game was over, all I could do was see was RED! I was so angry! I *****ed, moaned and carried on until I went to bed. The next day I went to work, and grumbled some more to my co-workers. One of my co-workers even went so far as to label me a "Fair Weather Fan". I reminded him that I have been a Die Hard Fan for over 21 years now. I told him that I was just upset about them losing, when they should have won! Well this morning I gave it some more thought....and realized that Shanahan really did the very BEST that he could, considering what he had to work with. And our beat up Defense did their best too, considering. Considering that he was using a 3rd string QB against a Patriot Defense that made it obvious that they couldn't stop the Run. There are so many "what if's". The reality of it all is....the game is behind us now! Kanell did the best that he could. Portis had a very nice game. Our Secondary just couldn't keep up with Patriot's Passing Game. Need we be reminded that this is a rebuilding year for the Broncos? A little more Fine Tuning, and our team will be Super Bowl contenders again! All we can hope for is to get Plummer and All the rest of our injured players back to health again. At least we can say this...we aren't the Raiders....and we sure as hell ain't the Chargers! Now those 2 teams give their fans something worth being angry about! Go Broncos!!

I agree with most of what you said. Except, I don't feel this is a rebuilding year. The Broncos started with enough talent to make a deep playoff run. Injuries obviously put a crimp in things.

But don't give up yet. I've said it in several other posts but here it is again: The Broncos have 7 games left. 4 of the next 5 against losing teams. 4 of the next 5 at home. 2 tough road games to end the season. If they can win against the 4 losing teams and win at least one of the tough games, they'll probably still make the playoffs.

SixxGunz
11-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by kcdomination
What a pile of crap!

You guys were out played on MNF! (By a mediocre team).

Denver was ill prepared for the season/unconditioned= injuries

Plus crappy coaching/play calling.

This is the 2003 Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear to be stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt!

Hey Junior......You just can't seem to keep your mouth shut, can you? Every time you open it, ***** comes rolling out! I don't think we were watching the same game on Monday Night pal! The game I saw....The Broncos were in it until the last few minutes! And for a mediocre team, they sure are doing well at 7-2 now, aren't they?

Go Broncos!!

Javalon
11-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by SixxGunz
I don't think we were watching the same game on Monday Night pal! The game I saw....The Broncos were in it until the last few minutes! And for a mediocre team, they sure are doing well at 7-2 now, aren't they?

Go Broncos!!

That's a very good point that everybody seems to overlook. That team is on a 5 game winning streak. In addition to the Broncos, the Patriots beat a very good Titans team at home and a good Dolphins team (pre-Greise) on the road.

Give the Pats a little credit for being a very good team right now.

bklynbronco
11-06-2003, 05:19 AM
In kcdominations small little mind everybody else in the league is mediocre team if they are not the chiefs. This is the rationale that a lot of these new bandwagon fans are bringing to this board. It's like a little kid with a new toy, they are jumping up and down almost peeing in their pants with joy but that will change they just don't know it yet.

Captain Kirk
11-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by kcdomination
What a pile of crap!

You guys were out played on MNF! (By a mediocre team).

Denver was ill prepared for the season/unconditioned= injuries

Plus crappy coaching/play calling.

This is the 2003 Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!

A mediocre team? They happen to have quite a win/lose record right now. And we weren't outplayed, we lost the game ourselves and have no one to blame but the Broncos. That's why this is hard to take, if indeed we got outplayed and they had their butts whipped, those losses are easier to take.

Captain Kirk
11-06-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Mazdavi
I.............they should have won! Well this morning I gave it some more thought....and realized that Shanahan really did the very BEST that he could, considering what he had to work with. .........................
Uh, no he didn't. He has one of the best backs in the backfield, with some pretty good blocking fullbacks and tight ends and all they had to do was hold on to the ball and run the clock out. THEY PASSED!! And with what you pointed out was a third string QB!! Wrong play calling here, nothing short of it!

Javalon
11-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by klund
Uh, no he didn't. He has one of the best backs in the backfield, with some pretty good blocking fullbacks and tight ends and all they had to do was hold on to the ball and run the clock out. THEY PASSED!! And with what you pointed out was a third string QB!! Wrong play calling here, nothing short of it!

That's a matter of opinion. While most of us think running the ball might have worked, there's no guarantee. And if they didn't get the first down, the result is still the same because the Pats still had a timeout they never even needed. Did you ever think that the Pats were playing the run, assuming like everybody else that the Broncos would force the run and try to kill a Pats' timeout? So, a short pass looked to be the best way to pick up the first down and then have a fresh set of downs with which to kill the clock. If Lelie hangs onto the ball, the game is probably over and all this ranting never happens. If Deltha fields that damn free kick the worst that probably happens is overtime. If Lepsis doesn't get that false start we don't have a 3rd and 6, rather we have a 3rd and 1. Now THAT'S an obvious running down and there is NO thought for a pass.

Shanny's calls at the end (assuming it wasn't Kubiak) were questionable but nothing says the outcome would have been different if he calls a running play. I, for one, believe that you can't run the ball on every down even when trying to kill the clock; eventually the defense catches on and stops you. But again, it's all a matter of opinion.