No, it's nothing.

mattos
04-21-2005, 02:09 PM
This is my 200th post, i know its only a few compared to you guys
but its still something :D

congrats to you. ignore the troll.

BVP
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Congrats! :beer: Watch out if people start getting mad and say you are spamming.

BlueDevilsDB
04-21-2005, 03:12 PM
congrats to you. ignore the troll.
Are you calling Benny a troll?

mattos
04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Are you calling Benny a troll?

nah i don't think he's a troll, i mean that was pretty obviously false. . . but in these particular types of threads he kinda is.

OrangePeel
04-21-2005, 08:45 PM
i really dont see any problem in post count. Benny do you seriously think that when people see these threads, they want to go make mindless posts? I doubt it, and i havent seen many of em', so why you crying?

The Dark Knight
04-21-2005, 09:33 PM
i really dont see any problem in post count. Benny do you seriously think that when people see these threads, they want to go make mindless posts? I doubt it, and i havent seen many of em', so why you crying?

The thread encourages posters to post as much as possible to get to a certain goal reguardless of the qaulity of the post. When you glorify post count, you tell people it's OK to do this. People begin to post one word answers like "yes" or "LOL" and not contribute to discussions. In the begining of the boards, the post count annoucements were everywhere. Everyone wanted to be at the top. It was like a race at first. Members would brag about getting 500 posts or being 2 time #1 poster. It got so bad that they had to put in a 10 character limit on posting. You may be aware of it. I've been on these boards since the begining so I know a thing or about it's history.

Johnny Law Man
04-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Not to offend, but it is nothing more than an example of how much time you should have spent on the toilet... :goofy:

OrangePeel
04-22-2005, 08:58 PM
The thread encourages posters to post as much as possible to get to a certain goal reguardless of the qaulity of the post. When you glorify post count, you tell people it's OK to do this. People begin to post one word answers like "yes" or "LOL" and not contribute to discussions. In the begining of the boards, the post count annoucements were everywhere. Everyone wanted to be at the top. It was like a race at first. Members would brag about getting 500 posts or being 2 time #1 poster. It got so bad that they had to put in a 10 character limit on posting. You may be aware of it. I've been on these boards since the begining so I know a thing or about it's history.

and how many mindless posts like that have you seen. Most of the lol and ROFL posts have been in threads about something funny. And its not necessary to post an opinion about somethin you felt was funny, because saying that you thought it was funny basically says that you thought it was worth posting, and thank you for sharing that with us. I doubt there are many, and if not ANY posters on here that look at say, your post count, and say, "ok im going to post a bunch of one word answers in threads that i dont really give a damn about so that i can get my post count higher.