PDA

View Full Version : Silly statement about the Broncos on NFL.com

Javalon
11-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Let me state right off that I know I'm nitpicking here. :)

On NFL.com's power rankings this was what they had to say about the Broncos:

They should forget catching the Chiefs now and focus on a wild-card spot.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? :duh:

Shanny talking to the team says, "Okay guys. We probably can't catch the Chiefs to win our division. Since we're only trying for a wildcard, don't worry about playing quite as hard this week."

Does anybody else think that quote was a little silly and meaningless? It's late and I'm sleepy, it could be I'm just overly critical right now.

The-4th-Amigo
11-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Well unless KC has a serious meltdown, Denver can only get a wildcard spot.
The only way Denver can win the divison is if KC loses at least 4 games and denver runs the table. Maybe even 5 games depending on their divison record. the chances of that happening are next to nill.

Nothing wrong with only getting a wild card spot. Heck last time the broncos were a wild card they won the superbowl.
This should make the players play harder knowing that they can't screw up anymore or they can kiss the play-offs good bye.
Just my opinion though.

dandaman23
11-06-2003, 03:06 PM
What were they ranked in the power rankings? Last time I went there they were I think 5.

pikman
11-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Power rankings. My ASS. I know this has been said before but "That's why they play the games" Granted the chances of catching KC are slim, but that doesn't mean impossible. Broncos play your asses off, maybe catch KC ,and almost for sure get the wildcard. Then when the playoffs come we're as healthy as we were first week of september and IT IS GO TIME!

Javalon
11-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by FootballFan
I as a Chiefs fan don't want you to make it to the playoffs. I think Denver won't coz to get a wild card spot you have to beat KC and Indy or Green Bay. Not going to happen. You might go 9-7 again and miss playoffs. I know it does not sound very good but that is possibly whats going to happen for Denver this year.

Well, that's the thing. You can't predict what Denver will do in those 3 tough games. Yeah, the Broncos have struggled the past few weeks. But, no matter what anybody says, injuries have taken their toll on our team. After the bye week, we get several important players (including the QB) back into the mix.

If we can win at least one of those tough games, we will be in the playoffs...and we'll deserve it. If we CAN'T win any of those tough games, then there's no way we'd go anywhere in the playoffs anyway, so what does it matter?

The Denver Broncos' season is still up in the air.

gr8moose
11-07-2003, 07:13 AM
KC still has to make a trip to Denver this season, and you ain't gonna win that.

Plus think about this KC, the Vikings a couple of years ago went through the regular season destroying the competition, they went 15-1 or 14-2, something like that only to lose to the Atlanta Falcons in the playoffs.

KC has played very well this season, and they have exploited the opportunities in some key games (The block in ....I mean the Kick return against Denver and the one against the Ravens, Ahman Greens fumble) critical mistakes by the opposition that KC has taken full advantage of. But beware that sometimes all it takes is one stumble to set you up for a fall. That said, not only will you lose to Denver, but I think Cinci will beat you too. I know that is nuts but they are such an underdog and they have a spark since Dillon went out that I think they have a shock the world game coming.

dcorbett
11-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by FootballFan
I as a Chiefs fan don't want you to make it to the playoffs. I think Denver won't coz to get a wild card spot you have to beat KC and Indy or Green Bay. Not going to happen. You might go 9-7 again and miss playoffs. I know it does not sound very good but that is possibly whats going to happen for Denver this year.

Chiefs got some lucky brakes so far, every year Champion teams have some break to go all the way. If we represent AFC we will do it well you can count on that.

You seem reasonable to chat to...the other K.C. fans that post here are juvenile and rude.

Yes, K.C. has a gravy schedule between now and the playoffs.
So yes, you will be in the playoffs easily. And you will probably go a ways....but you cannot and will not win the big one. You just aren't good enough.

Bottom line. Sorry!!!

Debbie
I wear number 87 with pride!!!