PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix Revolution (May contain spoilers)

AsianOrange
11-05-2003, 11:13 PM
I was very dissappointed in this show. I did come into it with high expectations. So do yourself a favor and go into it expecting nothing.

There were some high spots but mostly stuff that confuses people. It's like they rushed the ending.

What are your guy's thoughts...

AsianOrange
11-06-2003, 08:20 AM
It might take another watch for me to get the "little details" but the positive note is that the visual was awesome.

RealBronco
11-06-2003, 11:33 AM
I'm a little disappointed in it. I went into it with high expectations, expecting the Wachowskis to outdo Reloaded, but they didn't. The plot tried to come together and there wasn't much of Neo at all. Or the Matrix. The battle scene of Zion and the Sentinals was pretty good though, and the final fight between Neo and Smith was pretty neat, but also cheesy. What was that? Superman all over again?

The biggest thing. I could have stayed home and read the ending for free in the Bible. Come on. Everyone has to have gotten the obvious reference to the Crucifixion, even if you don't believe in that. Plus the whole "the One" business and talk of Neo as the "savior of Zion." Zion is Biblical, and so is Nebuchadnezzar. But, it was pretty obvious at the end when the huge head made out of Sentinals quoted Christ and said: "IT IS DONE" Come on...How about an original plot? Or one that doesn't mock or disgrace the real Savior.

Sorry...if I offend anyone or seem to be preaching...that's just what I thought of the movie. Heh.

BroncoManiac_69
11-06-2003, 12:52 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but the kids went last night. They said they thought there will be another one by the way the ending was.

Will probably check it out over the weekend or wait for the DVD to come out in about a month. LOL

AsianOrange
11-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by RealBronco
The biggest thing. I could have stayed home and read the ending for free in the Bible. Come on. Everyone has to have gotten the obvious reference to the Crucifixion, even if you don't believe in that. Plus the whole "the One" business and talk of Neo as the "savior of Zion." Zion is Biblical, and so is Nebuchadnezzar. But, it was pretty obvious at the end when the huge head made out of Sentinals quoted Christ and said: "IT IS DONE" Come on...How about an original plot? Or one that doesn't mock or disgrace the real Savior.

You're right about that part. I can't believe it had to end like that. I wish the ending was better understanding....

Like...are people free? Are people still trapped in the Matrix? if so...wouldn't that defeat the entire purpose of the "war"?

Are the machines going to live in the top of the earth? Do people stay mole people? Does Lynk eventually get some....action?

Zmabe
11-19-2003, 03:47 AM
ya i heard from some friends who saw it yesterday that is wasnt great but it was okay. reloaded had great fight scenes but it was very confusing and there was that old guy saying all those big words and all those small complex ones. but it was okay.

Javalon
11-19-2003, 04:52 AM
Because the title of the movie had "Matrix" in it, I assumed the story would still focus mainly on the Matrix itself. I was disappointed at how much of the movie was "real life" and how little Neo and Trinity were in the middle of the film.

It was also a bad sign when I yawned a couple times during the final showdown between Neo and Smith. It just went on a little bit too long.

The battle in the hangar was pretty cool although also a little long.

Also, I truly doubt they'll have any more Matrix flicks due to the rapid decline in the series' revenues. Revolutions looks like it will make less than half what Reloaded did. Warner ain't gonna like that.

orangenblue420
11-19-2003, 10:51 AM
I give it an OK, I thought the special effects and fight scenes were much better in the first two, it could be that it's just getting old and we're used to it now. I certainly wasn't overy thrilled with it (but I got in for matinee price then snuck into Texas Chainsaw Massacre) so it was money well enough spent, cause any Matrix movie needs to be viewed on the big screen to get the right effect.

ozzy_osbourne
11-19-2003, 12:10 PM
I saw the first two and I was not impressed by either one of them, the second one was just over hyped... I think that I will save some money and wait for the trilogy on DVDů

Zmabe
12-04-2003, 03:49 AM
i still havnt seen it but i want to even though everyone told me it sucked.

cprender8
12-06-2003, 12:31 AM
Wow, i had a completely different perspective on everything. I liked the graphics of the battle between the setinels and the city (forgot wut it's called) Those mech-warriors were tight!

I thought the detail and graphics of when neo and trist were entering the machine world was amazing. And those defense structures defending the machine world..... omfg, i couldn't stop just loving it all. I thought the ending was a little raw, but it did make sense to me.

I thought it was way better then the 2nd one. Conclusion: If you liked the 1st matrix better then the 2nd, then u'd probablly like this one. Otherwise, I feel u wouldn't enjoy it as much as i did :D

RealBronco
12-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Yikes.

The City: Zion

And there's no character in the movie named Trist. It's Trinity.

The first two movies were spectacular "revolutions" in cinematography and special effects. The third one was nothing new, just more of the old stuff. And not even really more of it, but less of it.

The battle for Zion was pretty amazing. The fight between Neo and Smith, quite long and cheesy.

Overall, the movie did not live up to it's predecessors. The Wachowski's didn't fascinate us this time by showing us they could out-do the last movie. Reloaded totally blew The Matrix out of the water effects-wise and fighting-wise. The original movie still has the best story and plot.

Revolutions was too predictable and you didn't even have to think about anything.

mattos
12-09-2003, 10:37 AM
i liked all three - the only thing i didn't like in the 3rd one was that kid who was too young to fight and then was scared and then was brave and then saved the day by opening the door and then was the one to run and tell everyone that they were safe.

its one thing when the hero of the story is in every scene, but i don't like it when a side character keeps implausibly showing up for no particular reason over and over

i really enjoyed each of them

Zmabe
12-11-2003, 03:42 AM
i have heard different oppions now. well.......i guess ill have to go see it for myself.