PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Restaurant?

Orange&Blue
11-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Just wondering what your favorite restaurants are. I like trying new restaurants and maybe if I'm ever in the area, I'll try what you recommend. Here are my favorites right now:

<restaurant name>
<location>
<type of food>
<favorite dish>
<price>

Tortugas
Longmont, CO
Carribean style seafood
I like everything I've tried there
about $20 for a main course dish

Good Times
all over
burger chain
bacon guacamole burger
$3 for the bac guac burger

Broncofan-13
11-06-2003, 03:51 AM
The Mandarin
Viernheim, germany
chinese food
the chicken and rice, and the pepper steak
about 10 euro/15 bucks for either platter, which is great, since the serving size is huge.also this place is great w/kids

RunByDesign
11-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Bautista's in Las Vegas....all you can drink wine and healthy portions of Italian food....great atmosphere...not real expsensive.

Elway
11-06-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm easy to please.

Red Lobster
garlic Rolls
Caeser Salad
Double order of Shrimp Scampi w/ Baked Potatoe
about $15 bucks

Javalon
11-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Los Tios
Houston, TX
Mexican
Acapulco Dinner
$9.95

I've always said that if I was to be executed and had to pick a last meal, that's the one. There are a lot of extravagant meals out there that I enjoy but this simple one is my absolute favorite.

First plate:
-- Taco (Wonderfully seasoned meat in a flaky, deepfried shell)
-- Chili con queso over tender, crispy, deepfried puff (NOT one of those upside-down corn tortilla bowls) with green chiles
-- Good guacamole salad

Second plate:
-- Two of the BEST cheese enchiladas I've had at any restaurant; it's the chile sauce that absolutely cinches it
-- My favorite refried beans & rice combo anywhere; I don't know what they do different but I've yet to find better

With a side order (free) of piping hot corn tortillas slathered in melting butter. The chips and salsa are pretty good, too.

Mmm...mmm...mmm... I have to drive an hour to get there but I'm considering it right now!

Oh, I almost forgot the free pralines they give for dessert. Even though I'm always stuffed, I still squeeze down 1 or 2 of these.

RunByDesign
11-07-2003, 09:47 PM
There used to be this Italian joint in Park City called Mileti's...they had the BEST Mediteranean Scampi I have ever had...Bautist'a is a CLOSE second...(Vegas)

BroncoManiac_69
11-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Taco Bell
On the corner
Grilled Burito
$2.99

;-)

Seriously:

La Fiesta
Main St Cedar City
Mexican
Shredded beef Chimicanga
Great prices

brnc fan 14
11-08-2003, 04:20 PM
carls jr
down the street
double western bacon cheesburger (w/large fries+large coke)

Orange&Blue
11-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by brnc fan 14
carls jr
down the street
double western bacon cheesburger (w/large fries+large coke)

I just drove to the next city over to try your recommendation. It wasn't far though since this is the suburbs. I gotta say that it's a pretty tasty buger! I like their fries too! Good post! Aside from Red Lobster, it might take me a while to try the recommendations in Texas, Las Vegas, and especially Germany! :)

Broncofan-13
11-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Aside from Red Lobster, it might take me a while to try the recommendations in Texas, Las Vegas, and especially Germany! :)

Ill mail you a plate ;)

Return of Lava
11-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Just wondering what your favorite restaurants are. I like trying new restaurants and maybe if I'm ever in the area, I'll try what you recommend. Here are my favorites right now:

<restaurant name>
<location>
<type of food>
<favorite dish>
<price>

Tortugas
Longmont, CO
Carribean style seafood
I like everything I've tried there
about $20 for a main course dish

Good Times
all over
burger chain
bacon guacamole burger
$3 for the bac guac burger Best food in the world!

Grandma's kitchen
Minden, Louisiana
Gumbo (x-tra shrimp)
a black/white/blue plate
One kiss

orang/blu in LA
11-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Mmm...there are so many! Okay, in Los Angeles:

1. Farfalla (Italian food in Los Feliz...mmmmm, they deliver to me, so they take first place for those lazy friday nights. they have a pasta with three kinds of mushrooms that's to die for.)
2. Crazy Fish (on Olympic. sushi. yum, but always a big line...call ahead, get it to go and take it home. that way you can sit on the couch, eat until your tummy hurts, take a break and then continue...)
3. Roscoe's House of Chicken 'N Waffles (i go to the one on Gower...and yes, i DO eat the chicken and waffles together, with syrup and butter...a strangely wonderful combination!)
4. In & Out Burger (anywhere in LA. the protein style burger is great for any Atkins friendly folks...)

Okay. now i'm starving. time to read the cheesecake thread and REALLY torture myself! ;)

Hoolah
11-12-2003, 08:35 AM
Santiagos North Denver (though they have one in Fort Collins and Fort Morgan)

3 Pork Taquitos, w/ guac, beans, chips, sour cream, salad and a rocket fuelled pot of their hot green chilli.....hhhhhmmmmmnnnn. All for the reasonable price of $6.50....of course later the next day you may reget the hot green chilli, if you know what I mean...

dandaman23
11-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Peanut Farm
Anchorage Alaska
BEST WINGS IN THE WORLD!!!
3 Alarms- there wings theres 1,2,3,4 and 5 alarms the 5's comeout on fire.
Bucket of 3 alarms is I think like 14.99.

Best part is it a sports bar. I go there atleast 1 time a week to watch a game. They have like 15 T.V.s and 1 big screen and one that is like a projection thing it is huge.

orangenblue420
11-13-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
Best food in the world!

Grandma's kitchen
Minden, Louisiana
Gumbo (x-tra shrimp)
a black/white/blue plate
One kiss

:D, that is sooooo sweet, that has got to be the best answer by far........I wish your Grandma could see it (maybe you can show her?) It would melt her heart.

Mine is Cheddars
71st and Highway 169
Chain Restaurant (but the one I ate in in Dallas wasnt near as good)
Texas Cheese Fries (app)
Steak and Ribs (or chicken caeser pasta salad)
Loaded BP (my one complaint, I always need to ask for extra loaded, they need to put more stuff on the potato)
Cookie Monster (fresh baked choc chip cookie, hot out of the oven, topped with ice cream, whip cream, choc......yyyyuuuuuummmmmmm)

Close Second
Stonemill BBQ and Steakhouse
145th E. Ave, between 61st and 71st, Broken Arrow OK
Worlds best spinach dip
Best sliced brisket ever
Their loaded BP is awesome
Turtle Cheesecake to die for

Zmabe
11-20-2003, 03:54 AM
Dixie Cross Roads
Melbourne Florida
All you can eat rock shrimp,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
$14 or $15 i cant remember.

Orange&Blue
11-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
Mmm...there are so many! Okay, in Los Angeles:

1. Farfalla (Italian food in Los Feliz...mmmmm, they deliver to me, so they take first place for those lazy friday nights. they have a pasta with three kinds of mushrooms that's to die for.)
2. Crazy Fish (on Olympic. sushi. yum, but always a big line...call ahead, get it to go and take it home. that way you can sit on the couch, eat until your tummy hurts, take a break and then continue...)
3. Roscoe's House of Chicken 'N Waffles (i go to the one on Gower...and yes, i DO eat the chicken and waffles together, with syrup and butter...a strangely wonderful combination!)
4. In & Out Burger (anywhere in LA. the protein style burger is great for any Atkins friendly folks...)

Okay. now i'm starving. time to read the cheesecake thread and REALLY torture myself! ;)

Darn. I've heard all about In & Out. I meant to try them when I was out in LA in September.

When I was out there, and my friend and I were looking for a place to eat, I remember seeing the name Roscoe's House of Chicken 'N Waffles. It sounds like an odd combination, but I heard it's popular.

Another thing you all should try is a hot dog wrapped in bacon. I remember when I first saw it, I thought it was going to be a salty, fat overkill, but it's actually AWESOME!! The best style of hot dog I've ever had hands down.

I heard down south, they have deep-fried hot dogs. I've also heard that deep-fried Twinkie's dusted with powdered sugar are common also.

Man, I get so hungry loodking at this list. You all look like you have great taste!

Orange&Blue
11-20-2003, 01:17 PM
This place is also one of my favorites too:

Proto's
Longmont, Denver, Lafayette CO
Pizza
Margehrita pizza - No this does not taste like a margarita. It's tomato, mozzarella, and basil.
$14 for a large

Their pizza is a little pricy especially since it's thin crust, but it's so much different than the chains. I like the chains, but it is nice to have a different style of pizza every once in a while.

BroncoCy
11-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Hickory Park
Ames, IA
Rack of RIBS...with sides of baked beans, baked potatoe, potatoe salad, and even french fries, topped off with a Coors of course :)
About $15 for all

If you are ever traveling on I-35 North by Ames, seriously swing by it. The place is always packed with visiting team fans after football games. I believe the place seats over 400 people to.

Orange&Blue
11-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Sounds awesome! That's a lot of food!