PDA

View Full Version : Who's Board is this???

broncos4ever
11-06-2003, 05:31 PM
You know this is a Broncos Board.

The object of:

General Discussions according to what is posted is to "This is the place to discuss everything to do with the Orange & Blue." (I don't see this as "discussing the Chiefs record" or discussing the Chiefs going to the Superbowl" or anything about the Chiefs unless we are playing them that week".

Talkin Smack: Mix it up with fans from lesser (oops -- other) teams in here. Not for the easily offended...
That is where the Chiefs come in if they are going to talk smack or any other team.

Non Broncos: If you absolutely have to talk about the other 31 teams, feel free. It's only bandwidth.

THIS IS REALLY WHERE THE CHIEFS OUGHT TO TALK ABOUT THEIR FOOTBALL TEAM.

O.K. I have just copied what the forums have said.

That is why Bronco fans get tired of Chief fans in the General Discussion area when we are supposed to be talking Orange and Blue, we get a bunch of Chief posters talking smack, or about their team when it is not their week to play us.

We supposed to be talking about our team. Not GO CHIEFS!!!

There are a lot of older posters that have dropped off the board or are not posting anymore because this is not be adhered to.

There are some of the Chief fans that do talk Broncos and it is a pleasure to talk to you. Others of you, well I guess we just have to put up with you, but really you are not following the "forum rules" as far as I can see.

There have been several times when I have thought about not posting anymore, but that means that the Chief fans that are talking smack on the General Discussion board have ran me off.

You see I do not post on the Smack board, if I have, it was before it was the Smack board.

That was probably why this thread was started and it is my opinion...

Javalon
11-06-2003, 05:46 PM
You're perfectly correct. But there are too many obnoxious posters who aren't satisfied unless they get to talk smack where it's least wanted.

Since there are no penalties for disobeying the rules, they see no reason to adhere to them.

As you said, there are some decent Chiefs fans that are really here to talk football and even express their opinions (not trash talk) about the Broncos. They are a worthy addition to the forum. Many are even more pleasant than some of our own Broncos fans (e.g. I've been told Aardwolf is a Broncos fan but none of his posts have endorsed it).

Anyway, this post was a nice idea but I'm afraid it will fail just as many other similar posts have to this point.

DrewB
11-06-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm not worried about the big mouths.These things have a way of coming back around.Remember the Raiders.Thats why when Denver is having success I try to keep a low profile.

Elway
11-06-2003, 08:40 PM
"Will you protect this board!!! Whoo!!! I Will!!!!"

RunByDesign
11-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Elway
"Will you protect this board!!! Whoo!!! I Will!!!!"

Count me in...I have been slapping the shiznit out of idiot chef fans and the like from my first post...hehehe

Elway
11-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by portisistheman
Count me in...I have been slapping the shiznit out of idiot chef fans and the like from my first post...hehehe

As is there is really any other kind of chefs fan!!! HAW HAW!!

KC Chiefs
11-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Broncs4ever in response to your post.Some of us don't like to talk smack.We like to talk football.We aren't your opponent just one Sunday..Hell we're your division rival all year long.We could sit all day on our boards patting eachother on the arse,but i think it's better to mix it up with our rivals.

broncos4ever
11-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by KC Chiefs
Broncs4ever in response to your post.Some of us don't like to talk smack.We like to talk football.We aren't your opponent just one Sunday..Hell we're your division rival all year long.We could sit all day on our boards patting eachother on the arse,but i think it's better to mix it up with our rivals.

KC Chiefs ,

I understand what you are saying, but to be honest I think there are very few Bronco fans that really care how great the Chiefs are doing. We are not doing so well at this time with the injuries to our "Star" players.

If the Chief fans can talk about Bronco football then they are in my opinion more than welcome to comment. What really turned me off is when we feel that we got "rooked" out of a call, which anyone watching the game knows it is true and it did turn the game -- (Take away those seven points and we win) and then on our own board we are called "whiners" or "cry babies" by people that are guests on our board because it is the "Bronco Board that can get really "old".

I have watched people that used to post on this board either not post anymore or post very little that came on when this board started ... I don't know why that is happening... I have my own ideas...

You know we as Bronco fans ought to be able to argue with one another, (Aardwolf), and voice our opinions without having one of our hated rivals chiming in with derragotory comments.

So if the Chiefs fans want to talk Broncos or not talk about how great the Chiefs are, and not critisize us for not liking calls, then this board can be fun again. If you want to do any of the above then the Smack board is available.

I am just sick and tired of the other.... I am sure there are many of us as it has been stated in other threads that feel the same way...

So what I am asking is Chief fans police the others and we will do the same for the Bronco fans...

If you want to brag, go to the K.C. bulletin board or use our Smack board that is what is for.

Alone Bronco
11-07-2003, 01:31 AM
I am new to this but i have to agree with what you are saying. I have had to stand alone for all these years as a Bronco Fan when everone around me is a Raider fan. There are very few Chief's fans around here, but the same applies, if you want to talk football and Broncos football then lets talk Broncos football. I agree that the rivary is good and it makes for some great games but you visiting a Broncos board so show some respect to those on it.

AFCWestBest
11-07-2003, 05:35 AM
Sorry , you are a cry-baby!
Did KC get every call in the last game of the 97' season when there were chop blocks and vasiline on the jerseys of the Denver offensive line man( to aid in the runners not being tackled as easy)? No not many calls went their way, but KC also had L. Elliott as a kicker and didn't help their team with that aspect.
Get a life, you would be one of the first to sling the S--- if the Broncos were 8-0!
Go AFC West!

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Alone Bronco
I am new to this but i have to agree with what you are saying. I have had to stand alone for all these years as a Bronco Fan when everone around me is a Raider fan.

Its probably very quiet around youre area now, then :D

broncos_chick
11-07-2003, 07:05 AM

I'm in. Don't have much time to do so, but will do what I can.

The sistren has spoken.

Broncofan-13
11-07-2003, 07:10 AM

Im in.

mattos
11-07-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by DrewB
I'm not worried about the big mouths.These things have a way of coming back around.Remember the Raiders.Thats why when Denver is having success I try to keep a low profile.

not to mention it's just better form. but this kind of success is new to them so i supposed that explains their inability to handle it like adults.

rascal
11-07-2003, 07:37 AM
I'm in but what can we do?

BRONCO @ BIRTH
11-07-2003, 08:30 AM
LET'S FINISH THE YEAR WITH A NEW ATTITUDE... GO BRONCO'S
I GOT TIRED OF THE TALKIN SMACK PAGE...BECAUSE THERE WERE MORE KC & MINN AND OTHER TEAMS ON THE PAGE THAN BRONCO'S. I GO TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AND IT IS SO SIMILAR TO THE TALKIN SMACK PAGE.
GO BRONCO'S...

BigRedStick
11-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by BRONCO @ BIRTH
I GOT TIRED OF THE TALKIN SMACK PAGE...BECAUSE THERE WERE MORE KC & MINN AND OTHER TEAMS ON THE PAGE THAN BRONCO'S. I GO TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AND IT IS SO SIMILAR TO THE TALKIN SMACK PAGE.
GO BRONCO'S...

just one quick thing. the talking' smack page is basically dead. that's pretty sad but i guess since you're not doing so well you guys don't like taking any heat for your smack talking (see the oakland raider BB). i'll leave you all alone now. if the broncos do start winning a couple games i might be back. i'm pretty familiar with bronco fans, win a couple games and the broncos are the best team in the nfl again. best of luck and remember it's never your fault when you lose.

BRONCO @ BIRTH
11-07-2003, 08:50 AM
AND THIS IS WHAT I MEANT. THERE IS THE KC DUMB @SS. NOW.
YOU NEVER LISTEN DO YOU.
GO BRONCO'S

broncos4ever
11-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by rascal
I'm in but what can we do?

Any time a Chief fan starts talking smack and does not go to the smack page, we don't talk smack back, but we let them know what forum they are supposed to use. They will get tired of talking smack and we will be able to talk about our Broncos.

Any time the Chief fan starts talking about their team, and not ours remind them that they can go to the "Non Broncos board if they want to talk about their team". If it is Chief week then we will talk to them about their team, not until.

This should be very simple and easy to do.

The reason why I have singled out the Chiefs is because they are the worst offenders of this...

broncos4ever
11-07-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by AFCWestBest
Did KC get every call in the last game of the 97' season when there were chop blocks and vasiline on the jerseys of the Denver offensive line man( to aid in the runners not being tackled as easy)? No not many calls went their way, but KC also had L. Elliott as a kicker and didn't help their team with that aspect.
Get a life, you would be one of the first to sling the S--- if the Broncos were 8-0!
Go AFC West!

You are the first problem. There is a smack page you can use or a non Broncos page. This general discussion area is for the "Orange and Blue".

rascal
11-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by broncos4ever
Any time a Chief fan starts talking smack and does not go to the smack page, we don't talk smack back, but we let them know what forum they are supposed to use. They will get tired of talking smack and we will be able to talk about our Broncos.

Any time the Chief fan starts talking about their team, and not ours remind them that they can go to the "Non Broncos board if they want to talk about their team". If it is Chief week then we will talk to them about their team, not until.

This should be very simple and easy to do.

The reason why I have singled out the Chiefs is because they are the worst offenders of this...

Shouldn't the moderators move it to the appropraite forum?

broncos4ever
11-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Shouldn't the moderators move it to the appropraite forum?

I agree the moderator should, but if we can certainly help. Look at this post alone this KC fan called BIGREDSTICK said he was going to leave us alone. I think if we all work together we can accomplish only talking "Orange and Blue" on the discussion board and not lose our Bronco posters.

I think the rules stated you had to either be cussing, foul mouthed, or very hateful toward another poster to be kicked off.
Since talking about another team does not fall into that the KC fans that are talking smack cannot be kicked off.

What we can do though is look at the forums and remind them what each one means. This one means "Orange and Blue". Smack is for Smack. Non-Broncos is for any of the other teams, which include Chiefs.

bklynbronco
11-07-2003, 11:50 AM
That would seem to be the right thing to do B4E but this is not a perfect world. some fans are happy go lucky fans who would only show up if thier team is winning, other fans show up just because the broncos are losing just to say i told you so. the only thing we can wish for is that the chiefs to lose at least one game before they play the broncos just to have this board clear out of some of the riff raff chief fans who seem to only show when everything is good. you can't kick someone out for difference of opinion but we can express ourselves and try to get other fans to see our point of view. There is something to be said about sore losers but some chief fans are not very gracious winners and they haven't even won anything yet.

rascal
11-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by broncos4ever
I agree the moderator should, but if we can certainly help. Look at this post alone this KC fan called BIGREDSTICK said he was going to leave us alone. I think if we all work together we can accomplish only talking "Orange and Blue" on the discussion board and not lose our Bronco posters.

I think the rules stated you had to either be cussing, foul mouthed, or very hateful toward another poster to be kicked off.
Since talking about another team does not fall into that the KC fans that are talking smack cannot be kicked off.

What we can do though is look at the forums and remind them what each one means. This one means "Orange and Blue". Smack is for Smack. Non-Broncos is for any of the other teams, which include Chiefs.

I'm not saying we should kick them off, but the converstations should be moved the appropraite forum. Any comments from the moderators would be appreciated!!!

Jared
11-07-2003, 02:45 PM
Go AFC West!

What does what happened in 1997 have to do with his post? And the vaseline thing is just ridiculous. All teams, the Chiefs included, are FAR more sophisticated than that if they are going to try to cheat. The first play of the game, a ref would get a complaint, walk over, touch a jersey, and BAM! that would be that.

And why the assumption that B4E would be slinging anything if the records were reversed? So you're saying that you are here as a pre-emptive strike on something that probabaly isn't going to happen?

Your post is not a logical repsonse to the question.

Jared
11-07-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm not saying we should kick them off, but the converstations should be moved the appropraite forum. Any comments from the moderators would be appreciated!!!

You have to let us know. Its impossible to keep up with volume.
Moving posts is easy. Finding them is the proverbial needle in a haystack unless it is reported.

ReasonableChief
11-07-2003, 02:50 PM
Go AFC West!

Lin Elliott was not the kicker in 1997 .... he was cut after the 1995 debacle against Baltimore. Pete Stoyanovich was our kicker in 1997.

Perry1977
11-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
Lin Elliott was not the kicker in 1997 .... he was cut after the 1995 debacle against Baltimore. Pete Stoyanovich was our kicker in 1997.

Haha, PWNED (http://home.mindspring.com/~stovbolt/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/pwned.jpg)!!

Mer
11-07-2003, 03:22 PM
This is really silly.

Is it so hard to ignore the offensive posts and/or threads? All this thread will do is encourage the moron fans that you're complaining about.

Don't feed the trolls.

broncos4ever
11-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Mer
This is really silly.

Is it so hard to ignore the offensive posts and/or threads? All this thread will do is encourage the moron fans that you're complaining about.

Don't feed the trolls.

That's where you are wrong. Ignoring them is where we have got in the first place. If we all follow the rules of the forum it will be a better board. I will no longer ignore them.

Mer
11-07-2003, 04:24 PM
k. I mean do whatever you think works.

Don't think for a second that the nice Chief fans appreciate the idiots that come and ruin it for everyone.

broncos4ever
11-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Mer
k. Don't think for a second that the nice Chief fans appreciate the idiots that come and ruin it for everyone.

Point taken...

wesuckrealbad
11-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Mer
All this thread will do is encourage the moron fans that you're complaining about.

Don't forget attention. I need encouragement and attention.