PDA

View Full Version : Why Broncos Aren't Doing Well

Portis-Plummer
11-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Why do you thing the broncos aren't doing well. If you have a different idea post it.

2 Minute Warning
11-08-2003, 06:02 AM
Too many injuries early in the season for starters:(........

Aardwolf
11-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by JoviBronco
Too many injuries early in the season for starters:(........

That's ridiculous! The reason the Broncos are doing poorly is poor personel decicions over the last few seasons by Mike Shanahan.

They have ancient receivers, a weak offensive line, horrible defensive backs and don't even get me started about the pathetic decicions made at the quarterback position.

What kind of ***** quarterback has to miss anything because he hurts his freaking pinky finger? This happened on the very same day that another team's quarterbach suffered a broken thumb (on his throwing hand) and didn't even miss a single PLAY. Not having a third quarterback on the roster was insane. Where is the young gun that is being groomed that every other team has on their roster.

I'll tell you why the Broncos are falling apart. Mike Shanahan!

NameUsedBefore
11-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Uh, Beurlein is in his forties, a broken pinky (more like snapped) pretty much did him in. If it was a younger QB they'd still be in, but we're talking about a guy who's been through some years.

Elway
11-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Griese was supposedly their young gun, but just couldn't get the job done, hence getting Jake. We can draft a QB in April as a long term solution. In Mikes defense while he has made some bad decisions on the field, he can only do so much with the personell on the field.

God gives you lemons, you make lemonade,
God gives you lemon peels, you're screwed.

Aardwolf
11-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Elway
Griese was supposedly their young gun, but just couldn't get the job done, hence getting Jake. We can draft a QB in April as a long term solution. In Mikes defense while he has made some bad decisions on the field, he can only do so much with the personell on the field.

God gives you lemons, you make lemonade,
God gives you lemon peels, you're screwed.

Griese was the Broncos young prospect half a decade ago. Since then they have has Jarious Jackson but he was cut to keep an old fart like Beuerlein on the roster. And to make it worse, they only kept 2 QBs, whereas EVERY other NFL team kept 3.

I don't see how you can defend Shanahan by saying there is only so much he can do with the personnel. God didn't make the stupid personnel choices over the last few seasons. That was Shanahan! The REASON the personnel are lacking IS Shanahan's fault. He makes the personnel decisions. Most of the really bad decisions made by Shanahan are not made on the field; they are made in the office.

Maverick
11-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Wheres the option for "my bad spelling"

j/k :D

Elway
11-11-2003, 08:25 PM
He decideds which players are on the field, whether they do there job and make the play or give it up, is beyond his control.
Deltha gave up the go ahead TD last week, Mike didn't.

Mike was responsible for the playcalling that led up to that scenario by not running the clock out with his play calling.
I agree he should have had 3 QBs all along, but the players have to step up also, the defense isn't exactly getting the turnovers in the past few weeks.

Bronco Benny
11-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Well, it seems obvious now that the reason the Broncos weren't doing well is that the loss of Jake for a few weeks took alot out of the team. Not only is he a great player with alot of talent but he is a great leader for that team as well. Elway has returned, and this time, he wearing #16.

hammer51770
11-18-2003, 09:25 PM
Benny, I have to agree with you (except for the next coming of Elway statement).

Aardwolf...you are an idiot if you think Shanahan is to blame for poor performance. The man is an offensive genius, the problem has been poor execution, partly due to injured starters, and Steve Beurlein throwing way too many interceptions. Shanahan kept him this year so he could help Plummer learn the offense. I bet he'll be gone next year, though I think Danny Kanell should stay. He's shown that he can play smart (Patriots game for example) and that he can step in and get the job done.

TXBRONC
11-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Well the Broncos are 6-4 and still in the hunt for a playoff spot even with injuries. Now that Jake is back and if the team can remain relatively healthy I think they'll be alright.

diehardbronco88
11-22-2003, 09:14 AM
injurys and not to mention a couple of aged players. it wont hurt them also to beef up portis, improve plumers run ability, and bring in some new talent for WR.....-RyAn-

edmccaffrey87
11-23-2003, 08:02 AM
I agree that the Broncos have had bad luck with injuries, but I think they're doing considerablt well anyways, thanks to playing as a team and shutting out distractions.