PDA

View Full Version : 3 bars for Snk16!!!

Johnny Law Man
04-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Wholly crap, kid!! You got 3 bars...congratulations!!! :cheers:

Dream
04-26-2005, 05:33 AM
You started it before I could! :D Congratulations Snk, your Best Buy Gift Card is now in the mail.

NJBRONCOSFAN
04-26-2005, 05:34 AM
congrats :beer:

2 Minute Warning
04-26-2005, 05:37 AM
Congrats....... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

OrangeShadow
04-26-2005, 06:41 AM
congrats man

IZAAK
04-26-2005, 06:42 AM
Yes very good job!!!

The Dark Knight
04-26-2005, 06:49 AM
Congrats little buddy.

Stay in school, don't take candy from strangers, look both ways before crossing the street and don't make that face too long or it'll stick that way forever.

:beer:

welshbronco
04-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Well done. :D They need fresh legs up there!

JWinn
04-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Right on Snk!!! Congratulations!! :cheers:

Snk16
04-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Thank you fellas. :beer: I got a long wya to go before I catch JWinn, BBJ, and TDK...........

Peerless
04-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Thank you fellas. :beer: I got a long wya to go before I catch JWinn, BBJ, and TDK...........
Yea..... great. :sad:

bornbroncofan
04-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Congrats but I have a question, how do the bars work?

Peerless
04-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Congrats but I have a question, how do the bars work?You make a good post... you give them a contributor point. You have 5 a day to give out. To give it... click the white thing on the top right corner of your post number.

Snk16
04-26-2005, 01:34 PM
You make a good post... you give them a contributor point. You have 5 a day to give out. To give it... click the white thing on the top right corner of your post number.

You mean scale. :laugh: THat's important because you don't want to report a post. :laugh:

Everybody has 2 bars. From what I know

2 bars=100 points
3 bars=200 points

BVP
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Congrats Snk!!! :beer:

Raiderfan76
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Snk16 is da man! Good job bro.

rcsodak
04-26-2005, 10:48 PM
...the epitome of why the system doesn't work....... :coffee:

AZ Snake Fan
04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
--- rc --- wanna buy a new sig? ---az

rcsodak
04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
--- rc --- wanna buy a new sig? ---az

gee...I dunno...how many cp's will it cost me? :coffee:

Jared
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM

In what way doesn't it work?

arapaho
04-28-2005, 09:20 AM

in many ways i beleive,,,, and im not crying just observing
people trade cp points for sigs and such.....was that the intent?
peopel seem to ask for points on treads, in return for returning them,,,ala if you scratch my back i'll scratch yours..without any real contribution.....
and if we only went with this cp point system a short time ago...and i thought we all started at the same level,, how did all the mods get up to 4-5 bars so fast? did you asign yourselfs starter points for being a mod?

now its seems as if the whole underlying point of these is to quickly give them out so other posters will feel obligated to return them whether you ever make sense or not,, or to trade for sigs and avs

just my .02

Jared
04-28-2005, 11:42 AM
in many ways i beleive,,,, and im not crying just observing
people trade cp points for sigs and such.....was that the intent?
peopel seem to ask for points on treads, in return for returning them,,,ala if you scratch my back i'll scratch yours..without any real contribution.....
and if we only went with this cp point system a short time ago...and i thought we all started at the same level,, how did all the mods get up to 4-5 bars so fast? did you asign yourselfs starter points for being a mod?

now its seems as if the whole underlying point of these is to quickly give them out so other posters will feel obligated to return them whether you ever make sense or not,, or to trade for sigs and avs

just my .02

Well, if a person handing out the points feels that making sigs and avatars contributes to the community, is that bad? Everyone will have their own definition of what they consider to be a positive contribution. Now handing them back just because you recieved is dumb. That's why we have a 5 per day limit an no ability to give the same person a point more than once in every ten points.

As for my starter level, that's where admin put us. It has nothing to do with being a mod. He could have made us, I don't know, Hall Of Famers, or something. Completely arbitrary. It has nothing to do with our mod functions.

arapaho
04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, if a person handing out the points feels that making sigs and avatars contributes to the community, is that bad? Everyone will have their own definition of what they consider to be a positive contribution. Now handing them back just because you recieved is dumb. That's why we have a 5 per day limit an no ability to give the same person a point more than once in every ten points.

As for my starter level, that's where admin put us. It has nothing to do with being a mod. He could have made us, I don't know, Hall Of Famers, or something. Completely arbitrary. It has nothing to do with our mod functions.

ok but then why just you mods? some posters have been here just as long as the mods,, so did they get preferance points? thats kinda like saying that before the cp system only the mods ever contributed, everyone else starts from scratch. maybe you should go back and rethink some of that, give those people who have contributed before the cp system some recognition, if theve posted continuedly for a given amont of time they must have contributed to something good, other wise the board wouldnt be the success it is

Snk16
04-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Wah, people don't think I deserve them......:(

JWinn
04-28-2005, 02:26 PM
ok but then why just you mods? some posters have been here just as long as the mods,, so did they get preferance points? thats kinda like saying that before the cp system only the mods ever contributed, everyone else starts from scratch. maybe you should go back and rethink some of that, give those people who have contributed before the cp system some recognition, if theve posted continuedly for a given amont of time they must have contributed to something good, other wise the board wouldnt be the success it is

This makes a lot of sense to me. Older members (not age) should have gotten a head start on the rest of us. I realize that would be somewhat unfair to us newer posters, but I do think they are mostly responsible for the success of this board.

Personally, (not to bash myself) I dont understand how I can have so many points while so many other posters, who have been here way longer than me, have so few, or are at least still on the "practice squad". I am nearing 230 and RBD just got to 100! Thats WRONG! He contributes far more than I do. I could list several example of members who have posted much more than me and have far fewer points! I dont see them as less valuable, I see them as MORE valuable! I just do.

Even though it has been explained to me that the mods all started out as starters, Jareds posts sort of contradicted all that. If it has nothing to do with you being mods, then why give mods such a head start over everyone else?

:confused:

Jared
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM

What you need to realize is that while our point total changes, I will always be a starter.

Mods are not eligible to move up or down. Eventually we will all be surpassed by someone.

As to why this particular level was chosen, as I said, you'd have to ask admin why. There was no discussion as to what level we'd be put at. Actually, the original thought was to have as no status at all, but then we couldn't give points either. While I am a mod, I am still a member of the community and see posts I like and wish to give points as a reflection of who I think is a positive cointributor to the community I belong to. So a level had to be chosen.

Snk16
04-28-2005, 02:41 PM
What you need to realize is that while our point total changes, I will always be a starter.

Mods are not eligible to move up or down. Eventually we will all be surpassed by someone.

As to why this particular level was chosen, as I said, you'd have to ask admin why. There was no discussion as to what level we'd be put at. Actually, the original thought was to have as no status at all, but then we couldn't give points either. While I am a mod, I am still a member of the community and see posts I like and wish to give points as a reflection of who I think is a positive cointributor to the community I belong to. So a level had to be chosen.

I'll say, if you were allowed to move up and down, you'd be at the next level already!

Mount-n-Groan
04-28-2005, 02:47 PM
I'll say, if you were allowed to move up and down, you'd be at the next level already!

Licking the behinds of the mods doesn't get you more CP's, Snk16... :D

er... maybe it does???

Jared, have I ever told you how I admire your moderating prowess. You seem to command respect with a kind of compassionate authority rarely seen by people with your intellect.

;)

JWinn
04-28-2005, 02:47 PM

NO way! Now that's just wrong Jared. I have no problem with you being part of the system, giving and getting points, but for mods to be stuck at a certian level doesnt seem fair to me either! You should be full partners in it with the rest of us!

That you all be starters forever makes no sense to me at all! I assume some members would pass some mods, but to hold mods at a certian level just isnt right..........

Jared
04-28-2005, 02:57 PM
NO way! Now that's just wrong Jared. I have no problem with you being part of the system, giving and getting points, but for mods to be stuck at a certian level doesnt seem fair to me either! You should be full partners in it with the rest of us!

That you all be starters forever makes no sense to me at all! I assume some members would pass some mods, but to hold mods at a certian level just isnt right..........

No it makes sense. Mods become targets. It is very easy for a mod to lose points, and very hard to gain them. My understanding of this system on other boards is that there will always be a small group who generally prefers a completely unmoderated baord, so anything they could ot to make my life irritating, even a little bit, they would.

Like any other position of any type of authority, people remember anything you do they don't like, but rarely remember the things they do like.

And it doesn't matter to me since I have access to some of the bonuses associated with ALL of the levels, regardless of my standing. As someone with administrative priveleges, the program recognizes me as needing to see almost everything.

So it didn't really matter what level I was put at, it doesn't change anything for me. Maybe it was there so that people could ask us why we had more? Give people goals?

By definition, I have to be a model citizen here through my actions and posts. So maybe it was a subtle encouragement from admin? I have no idea.

ReleaseTheBeast7
04-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Just another bar. :coffee:

arapaho
04-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Just another bar. :coffee:

dam db i guess guys like us just suck,,,or never have anything good to say..or people dont like us :beer:

i been here over a year and got 14 points, haa haaha haa
oh well iguess they are like brownie buttons

1997 posts and only 14 good posts wow!!

Snk16
04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
dam db i guess guys like us just suck,,,or never have anything good to say..or people dont like us :beer:

Where'd you get 1997 from? :laugh:

arapaho
04-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Where'd you get 1997 from? :laugh:

thats why!! :beer:

cant even get my own post count right 1977

Snk16
04-28-2005, 03:47 PM
thats why!! :beer:

cant even get my own post count right 1977

Now 1979. Lol. :laugh:

JWinn
04-28-2005, 03:52 PM

You gotta be kidding! 14 points? You started with 10!

OK people, this is what I was referring to before. There is no reason arapaho should have 14 points and I should have 228! I dont post anything better than him! Granted I probably got a lot for helping people with learning the system and in the Trading Card forum explaining things there, but he should be way higher than 14.

Cmon people, lets start spreading them around a little more, huh?

Peerless
04-28-2005, 03:54 PM

You should have 15....... take a look.

Jared
04-28-2005, 03:54 PM

OK people, this is what I was referring to before. There is no reason arapaho should have 14 points and I should have 228! I dont post anything better than him! Granted I probably got a lot for helping people with learning the system and in the Trading Card forum explaining things there, but he should be way higher than 14.

I've only gotten 74. Its no big deal.

JWinn
04-28-2005, 03:55 PM
No it makes sense. Mods become targets.

OK, This makes sense to me. I would have knocked you all down to locker room janitors a long time ago! :laugh:

IM KIDDING!!!

ReleaseTheBeast7
04-28-2005, 04:07 PM

Nah we just don't make sigs for over 200 people ;)

Raiderfan76
04-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Geez, I have 18 am I'm a Raider fan :confused:

Snk16
04-28-2005, 08:31 PM

Wow! :O That's amazing.

rcsodak
04-28-2005, 09:25 PM

What arapaho, jw, db said......& then some. ;)

PAINTERDAVE
04-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Congrats, Snk16.

I been trying to spread points.
Lots of times, like right now, I can not give nobody nuthin'.

It is kinda about who a poster yaks with that gets him points.

And not to be slamming, but to be investigating how it works between us...

Didn't Arapahoe just ask how the point thing works?

So if all this time Arapahoe has not given out any points himself...

Is that not part of the equation here?

With so many posters on board, it depends who you yak with.

And damn Jared! I do not point you, though I almost have once in a while...

You got more orange bars than if John Elway himself signed up!

What are you any way, the starting QB?

I'm out here spreading points to the common folk like the rest of us, not to the damn General himself!

Arapahoe, you start pointing folks yourself you might be surprised what happens!

JWinn
04-28-2005, 09:35 PM
I dunno RC. It works pretty good. It's still new remember. Even though it doesnt really seem like it anymore. Aside from last Saturday, it's pretty slow around here this time of year. I think it will get better as the season gets closer.

I am shocked that some people only have less than 20 points though. That's certianly a problem. SOME I can see, but arapaho was a big suprise to me.

Even though I dont really support charging CS points for sigs or anything else, Snk is a good poster in my opinion. He didnt get them all for sigs. For his age, he shows remarkable poise and knowledge. He posts on topic, and even reminds me when I stary off topic sometimes. Although he may see me as an older, wiser person here, I see him as a brother, just like you!

Anyway, nothings perfect........................

If it was, the Raiders would always be 0 - 16! :P

Jared
04-28-2005, 11:18 PM
What arapaho, jw, db said......& then some. ;)

Actually, what they said shows that it DOES work, just not the way they assumed it worked.

It is completely subjective, which means that if a LOT of people give you points, you must be doing something right.

Jared
04-28-2005, 11:21 PM

I'm out here spreading points to the common folk like the rest of us, not to the damn General himself!

As I stated, it doesn't matter how many I get, since I am stuck at my level. In reality, I have only earned 74. A much slower rate than our bets posters. So point me or no points to me, I will always have the same number of bars, regardless of my actual point total.

hahaha...Starting QB...no.....small hands, weak arm, bad eyes........I must be a kicker.

PAINTERDAVE
04-29-2005, 04:14 AM
I goofed! It was not Arapahoe who asked how the system works.

My bad!

arapaho
04-29-2005, 10:36 AM

i mean 14 earned,,,so with the ten gimme's i got 24

i think im gonna take this a whole new direction, and go fo the longest tenure with the fewest points...... i am the champ as of now...maybe but certainly top 5
:beer:

arapaho
04-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Congrats, Snk16.

I been trying to spread points.
Lots of times, like right now, I can not give nobody nuthin'.

It is kinda about who a poster yaks with that gets him points.

And not to be slamming, but to be investigating how it works between us...

Didn't Arapahoe just ask how the point thing works?

So if all this time Arapahoe has not given out any points himself...

Is that not part of the equation here?

With so many posters on board, it depends who you yak with.

Arapahoe, you start pointing folks yourself you might be surprised what happens!

well mr dave i do give out points...when i see a post that in my opinion is well thought out, informational, or really good smack...... i believe i accually gave you one hmmmmm.... i thought..... so much for your assesment of me

arapaho
04-29-2005, 10:50 AM

im being beat by a raider fan,,,,,,,,im scared!!!!!

take me to a happy place,,take me to a happy place :heh:

The Dark Knight
04-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I think the system mimics real life in the sense that if you GIVE you will RECIEVE reguardless if you deserve it or not.

Those complaining about not getting enough are probably not giving enough.

Or they just suck as a poster.
:goofy:

Javalon
04-29-2005, 10:57 AM
im being beat by a raider fan,,,,,,,,im scared!!!!!

take me to a happy place,,take me to a happy place :heh:
That just ain't right! :mad:

Here's a couple CPs for you.

And congrats to Snk16! :beer:

Snk16
04-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks people. :beer: