PDA

View Full Version : Winslow Jr says he's sorry...

BroncoCy
11-09-2003, 05:34 PM
After reading his apology...you have to wonder what english tutor of his wrote it...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1657901

BroncoCy
11-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Ohhh...and I forgot to mention...I STILL HATE THIS PUNK!

Elway
11-09-2003, 08:13 PM
I heard him spout off the other day... what a waste all that talent and a lousy attitude to go with it.

bronx_2003
11-10-2003, 02:59 PM
i like ppl who get fired up big time for games

thesaint
11-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by bronx_2003
i like ppl who get fired up big time for games

Thats great but shouldnt he perform big in those games? Winslow dropped an easy TD, and was penalized for unsportsmalike for his stupidity on another play. Hes talented, but what an idiot.

AsianOrange
11-10-2003, 10:36 PM
I still think Denver should draft him next year if he goes into the NFL Draft next spring!

Elway
11-10-2003, 10:38 PM
He'll be gone long before Denver has a chance, some team will take him betting on him to be a big impact player like Shockey.

BroncoCy
11-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Elway
He'll be gone long before Denver has a chance, some team will take him betting on him to be a big impact player like Shockey.

Thank God...we don't need a head case like this on the team.

Fat Joe
11-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Too bad Shockeys season is shot.

wesuckrealbad
11-11-2003, 08:08 AM
I want him on the Broncos too!

thesaint
11-11-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by bcollin1
.People...we don't pick these people up for a REASON.
If you WANT to root for a team with rampant loudmouths, good on ya...have a good time.
Ben Troupe may not have ALL the skills Winslow, Jr. does, but he certainly has more class - AND, he can ACTUALLY block, unlike the WR Winslow. Just food for thought.

EXACTLY.

AsianOrange
11-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Well...I think the guy has skills and the attitude to be a Bronco. Clinton Portis has that same ****yness...but he's not that expresssive in inteviews.

Winslow was pretty mad because it was an upsetting game.

BUT...I think the kid is awesome and that Skocky thing..I dunno...different kind of monster....Shocky just had a sophmore slump...so....

Kellen Winslow should drop in the 20's in the overall pick.

BroncoCy
11-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Dude...after reading some of these posts, I'm wondering what team some of these people think they're rooting for???

First, all the talk about picking up Owens.
Now, we need to pick up Winslow, Jr.

Next, we'll be in the Warren Sapp lottery.

People...we don't pick these people up for a REASON.
If you WANT to root for a team with rampant loudmouths, good on ya...have a good time. But it makes me wonder what makes you like the Broncos in the first place.

Personally, I'll say this:
Over the years, I've taken MORE crap from people about Bill Romanowski than I have about all the Super Bowl losses COMBINED.

Romo this, Romo that...Romo has no class, blah blah blah.

We don't need any more of that. Ben Troupe may not have ALL the skills Winslow, Jr. does, but he certainly has more class - AND, he can ACTUALLY block, unlike the WR Winslow. Just food for thought.

Amen.

Almost Heaven
11-11-2003, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't worry about taking crap for Romo. Those are the kind of guys that founded football. Butkus, jack ham, lambert, LT, everyone team needs those type of guys. Not alot of them but a few, and yes we should be in the hunt for Warren Sapp for the right price. Pryce, Sapp,Berry, Gardner, sounds alright with me!

Picker
11-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by cheapseats
I want him on the Broncos too!

You want to mix him up with Clarence Kay, Orson Mobley, Bryon Chamberlain, Dwayne Carswell? All of whom has had domestic problems. Thats why I like Shannon. Even though he gets into trouble with the mouth, not one incident outside of his house. Ohh wait, was Griese there, or at Terrell's?

Almost Heaven
11-11-2003, 02:14 PM
You have to be kidding me. You mean to tell me you think butkus was the poster child for good sportsmanship? I love butkus and i'm sure he spit in plenty of peoples' faces. The only difference with now a days is there is hundreds of cameras in every possible place on the field. Just listen to some of the people talk about his games. The guy was an animal, biting, clawing, didn't matter.

Almost Heaven
11-11-2003, 02:35 PM
There was more of an issue made of romo spitting of stokes than there was when ray lewis and his posse killed that guy, i don't get it. Same thing with Michael Irvin, police found a whole plate of crack at his house and romo diet drugs where strung out for months.

BroncoCy
11-11-2003, 02:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1659395

I admire Coker for what he has done now...Winslow won't start. I think Miami might be in trouble this weekend, it seems like they are falling apart.

Picker
11-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Picker
You want to mix him up with Clarence Kay, Orson Mobley, Bryon Chamberlain, Dwayne Carswell? All of whom has had domestic problems. Thats why I like Shannon. Even though he gets into trouble with the mouth, not one incident outside of his house. Ohh wait, was Griese there, or at Terrell's?

Well, if you want a player that is good, look to Shannon. When he made that fantastic grab for Baltimore, ohhh I was so mad. I hope he can go another 3 years. Shoot I gotta get him to sign something!

Shannon might have started a trend - talking smack. I know Shockey is hurt, but right now it seems tight ends are the trashers. I like the guy from New Orleans? but he's been hurt too much Cam Cleeland.

AsianOrange
11-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Dude...after reading some of these posts, I'm wondering what team some of these people think they're rooting for???

Alright b1....

If you could make the Broncos better, who would you aquire? Or what would you do? You are now GM of the moment....

super_boltz
11-12-2003, 03:41 PM
WINSLOW IS COMING BACK HOME WHERE HE BELONGS TO SAN DIEGO WE WILL PICK B4 U IN THE DRAFT KUZ WE SUCK THIS YEAR AND THE WINSLOW ERA WILL BE REBORN IN SAN DIEGO

thesaint
11-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by super_boltz
THE WINSLOW ERA WILL BE REBORN IN SAN DIEGO

You can have him. He'll fit in great with David Boston.

Flutie still going to be throwing it to him at 50? Or is Brees going to finally nut up and start being a real QB?

Perry1977
11-13-2003, 01:17 AM
I would LOVE to get Winslow as a tight end...I think he's be a perfect replacement for Sharpe. He cant block? Did you guys WATCH taht game? He took out TWO defenders in one block; it is probably the best block I have ever seen. Of course, I didnt hear what he had to say because I was at the restaurant and couldnt hear the TV when he was yelling...so maybe he is a punk, but he is the next great Tight End.

thesaint
11-13-2003, 06:11 AM
The question has never been his game. Its his head. And if you had watched their last two games you would understand why. Its not that he just says stupid things to the media. He costs his team ON the field. He's had a couple of big penalties called against him because he makes dumb decisions.
Coker has benched him for this weeks game against Syracuse.
We dont need that.

TXBRONC
11-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by CrazyAsian
I still think Denver should draft him next year if he goes into the NFL Draft next spring!

CA I don't think he'll be around when Denver drafts, and even if he was this guy has a serious attitude problem that could be cancerous. If Denver were to draft a TE which I think is unlikely a better choice might be Troupe from Florida. He can be just as effective in the passing game and he can block.

BroncoCy
11-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by super_boltz
WINSLOW IS COMING BACK HOME WHERE HE BELONGS TO SAN DIEGO WE WILL PICK B4 U IN THE DRAFT KUZ WE SUCK THIS YEAR AND THE WINSLOW ERA WILL BE REBORN IN SAN DIEGO

My eyes hurt after reading this...

Perry1977
11-13-2003, 09:51 PM
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I THINK IT WAS A PERFECTLY READABLE POST AND I THINK MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR EYES SINCE YOU CANT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND THE DEEP THOUGHT THAT WAS PUT INTO THIS POST THANK YOU VIVA LA FRANCE

Picker
11-14-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Perry1977
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I THINK IT WAS A PERFECTLY READABLE POST AND I THINK MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR EYES SINCE YOU CANT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND THE DEEP THOUGHT THAT WAS PUT INTO THIS POST THANK YOU VIVA LA FRANCE

I need an order of French Toast, French bread and French Fries to go! Thanks!

AsianOrange
11-14-2003, 09:53 AM
French toast!

TXBRONC
11-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Actually, all this talk about Troupe and Ratliff is because I want a playmaker on this team who ISN'T a CANE!!!

it's the ultimate irony for me:

Portis is FROM Gainesville, but chooses Miami.

So of course, the Gator-by-birth, Cane-by-<choice> has now turned into the MAN in Denver. I hate loving that guy!! :)

I was hoping Mitchell would provide a little fire, but he got hurt. Keep an eye on him when he comes back though. Alex Brown got all the press a couple years ago, but it was Mitchell who did all the grunt work.

He's got one of those John Parella/Chris Hovan motors...now he just needs to put on a few pounds.

If memory serves me correctly the Broncos think Mitchell has a tremendous upside and if he had stayed in school one more year he could have been a top ten pick in next years draft. Troupe I think by far is a much better all round TE than Winslow. I have heard some say he not as fast but he has good enough speed and he bigger and very athletic for such big man.

TXBRONC
11-16-2003, 09:00 PM
If memory serves, Mitchell actually had no elegibility left when he left last year. Ian Scott was one of the only underclassmen we had leave early, and he was a junior.

As for his potential, he was kind of like Alex Brown, in that he was more of a speed guy than a power guy. Not to say either had no power, but more to say that Brown had tons of speed, so they put him at right end, while Mitchell had a better balance between speed and power, so they pretty much shuffled him all over the place. After Brown left, he was pretty well the force on the D-line.

When I saw the Broncos picked him up, I figured he'd do fine once he gained a few pounds...similar to what Chicago has done with Brown.

We'll see when he gets healthy next year.

I thought Mitchell came out as hardship case? I must thinking of someone else. Thanks for the information man.:D

broncosue
11-16-2003, 11:28 PM
navy blue
This has been the best game all season!!!!!!! Sharpe & Smith were fantastic!!!!! Jake played great also, wish we could do this every game! Do we dare to have hope for a wild card position? :D

RunByDesign
11-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by broncosue
navy blue
This has been the best game all season!!!!!!! Sharpe & Smith were fantastic!!!!! Jake played great also, wish we could do this every game! Do we dare to have hope for a wild card position? :D

??? wrong thread?

neisha26
11-17-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Elway
He'll be gone long before Denver has a chance, some team will take him betting on him to be a big impact player like Shockey. I agree with you I think that he Is a good player I attend their games all the time. but your attitude will do you in and you will get so far ask warren sapp.:mad:

broncos_mtnman
11-17-2003, 01:59 AM

First, all the talk about picking up Owens.
Now, we need to pick up Winslow, Jr.

Next, we'll be in the Warren Sapp lottery.

People...we don't pick these people up for a REASON.
If you WANT to root for a team with rampant loudmouths, good on ya...have a good time. But it makes me wonder what makes you like the Broncos in the first place.

Personally, I'll say this:
Over the years, I've taken MORE crap from people about Bill Romanowski than I have about all the Super Bowl losses COMBINED.

Romo this, Romo that...Romo has no class, blah blah blah.

We don't need any more of that. Ben Troupe may not have ALL the skills Winslow, Jr. does, but he certainly has more class - AND, he can ACTUALLY block, unlike the WR Winslow. Just food for thought.

Absolutely!! One of the things I like about the Broncos is they try to keep those types of players out of our organization. They have missed it a few times with some free agents, but overall, Shanny runs a classy outfit.

Let the Raiders take him. They will be low enough in the draft to get a great shot at him!! LOL

TXBRONC
11-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Ben Troupe would be a great pick, however, I still think the Broncos need couple of playmakers on defense. The defenese has played well all season but I don't think they getting enough turnovers.

TXBRONC
11-18-2003, 10:26 PM
bc I agree with you Carswell is serviceable as a reserve, but he nothing special. Troupe I think can be legitamit downfield threat. He may not be quite as fast as Winslow but is very athletic and a superior blocker.