PDA

View Full Version : Got an idea...

ReleaseTheBeast7
04-29-2005, 08:45 PM
I have an idea... If we could recruit 5 members and keep them active for about 3 months... Do you think it would be cool to make us mods if we do it?

It could be a good way to keep the boards active and going.

Just a thought.

Adrenaline
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
I have an idea... If we could recruit 5 members and keep them active for about 3 months... Do you think it would be cool to make us mods if we do it?

It could be a good way to keep the boards active and going.

Just a thought.

Interesting......Maybe mods but not with banning power becuase things would get crazy. Maybe have a group of people and have some sort of draw or lottery. Just my take on DB's idea

ReleaseTheBeast7
04-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Interesting......Maybe mods but not with banning power becuase things would get crazy. Maybe have a group of people and have some sort of draw or lottery. Just my take on DB's idea

Yeah thats true... Have like 1 member of the month and throw them in a hat... Pick the name out of a hat and have them become mod?

I dunno.

JWinn
04-29-2005, 10:28 PM
You know broncos mgr will never go for it.

He clearly has pretty high standards for the mods he selects. One of them seems to be that he wants them to be at least over 21. Adults.

Dont get me wrong, it's a great idea, but on another board. This is a site that represents a Professional Football Team. They simply cant afford to have a younger member lose his cool at any time. Of course, anyone can lose it, but it seems clear that mods are selected because they dont lose it. In the short time I have been here, I have never once seen a mod break. It may have happened, but I havent seen it.

This adult "rule", if you will, makes sense here. The mods have to watch over a wide variety of people. Again, this isnt just some site made up by a group of guys who got together for the fun of it. This is the home site of the actual team! I dont need to remind you of that.

Please dont get me wrong here. I think several of our younger members would make fine mods, even here, but I just dont see the man giving one the nod to moderate here, even with limited powers.

Try to look at it from their point of view. This is part of a business here! They wont take risks on someone they are not sure of. They will never just hand over a modorator's keys to some contest winner.

You guys have to forget about trying to come up with ideas to get those keys, it will never happen if you keep asking for it. I think the jore you ask for those keys, the farther away from them you get. If you understand me.

I am trying NOT to offend the younger people here, probably not successfully. I just dont see it ever happening. Not here.

Alastor
04-29-2005, 10:29 PM
"Mod for a month?"

It's an interesting idea... It'd be good for some that have never been a mod to experience it. It gets old fast, that's for damn sure. It'd be a good way to educate the community members about the community as a whole. I wonder what it would be like if rc was mod for a month... I'm curious about this the same way I'm curious about handing loaded weapons to monkeys, or matches to children. It'd be interesting I think for both the person selected, the community as a whole, and the staff might get some good feedback out of it.

It's a lot of work for the staff though. Each month they'd have to essentially train a new moderator, and then deal with the BS each and every month all over from scratch... you KNOW mistakes will be made - in adundance - and would you really like to be the guy assigned to making sure that LB24, who is mod for a month, doesn't torch the place?

There's some good fun aspects to it... but some pretty "Oh God, no!" aspects to it as well.

I call it a wash.

ReleaseTheBeast7
04-29-2005, 10:33 PM
You know broncos mgr will never go for it.

He clearly has pretty high standards for the mods he selects. One of them seems to be that he wants them to be at least over 21. Adults.

Dont get me wrong, it's a great idea, but on another board. This is a site that represents a Professional Football Team. They simply cant afford to have a younger member lose his cool at any time. Of course, anyone can lose it, but it seems clear that mods are selected because they dont lose it. In the short time I have been here, I have never once seen a mod break. It may have happened, but I havent seen it.

This adult "rule", if you will, makes sense here. The mods have to watch over a wide variety of people. Again, this isnt just some site made up by a group of guys who got together for the fun of it. This is the home site of the actual team! I dont need to remind you of that.

Please dont get me wrong here. I think several of our younger members would make fine mods, even here, but I just dont see the man giving one the nod to moderate here, even with limited powers.

Try to look at it from their point of view. This is part of a business here! They wont take risks on someone they are not sure of. They will never just hand over a modorator's keys to some contest winner.

You guys have to forget about trying to come up with ideas to get those keys, it will never happen if you keep asking for it. I think the jore you ask for those keys, the farther away from them you get. If you understand me.

I am trying NOT to offend the younger people here, probably not successfully. I just dont see it ever happening. Not here.

Yeah I see where your coming from... The younger posters throw temper tantrums if they make fun of a player that they like(This includes me).

I just saw it as a fun way to bring in better posts, and better posters.

Hell, it was worth a shot. I do think it is a great idea though.

Alastor
04-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Dayum, fo! You're so smart, JWinn... but I have to spread the love around before I give it to you again.

JWinn
04-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Thank You kind sir! :cheers:

Snk16
04-30-2005, 06:36 AM
JWinn, about the adult rule:

When Jovi became mod (around that time), broncos_mgr PM'd me saying I was looked heavily at for being mod.

But seriously, you gotta look at people's standards whihc in this case it's broncos_mgr's standards. I think that some people here could get tons of people to join the boards but they wouldn't be responisible enough to handle that mod position.

JWinn
04-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Well, thats why I put that "rule" in quotations. I dont know if he even has such a rule.................

Peerless
04-30-2005, 12:19 PM
JWinn, about the adult rule:

When Jovi became mod (around that time), broncos_mgr PM'd me saying I was looked heavily at for being mod.

But seriously, you gotta look at people's standards whihc in this case it's broncos_mgr's standards. I think that some people here could get tons of people to join the boards but they wouldn't be responisible enough to handle that mod position.
Just like You!!!!!!!!! lol jk my man :beer:

Alastor
04-30-2005, 12:24 PM
There's a referal system these boards offer that is not turned on.

It could be turned on and linked up with the CS system we have here, and a few other neat options exist with it as well.

It's not "mod for a month" or anything... but it could be a way to sort of compromise here.

Not that the home boards for the Denver Broncos need much help advertising... but it never hurts.

Mayhaps Bronco's Manager will find his way here and have some input for us?

JWinn
04-30-2005, 12:32 PM
There's a referal system these boards offer that is not turned on.

It could be turned on and linked up with the CS system we have here, and a few other neat options exist with it as well.

It's not "mod for a month" or anything... but it could be a way to sort of compromise here.

Not that the home boards for the Denver Broncos need much help advertising... but it never hurts.

Mayhaps Bronco's Manager will find his way here and have some input for us?

Now that sounds like a good idea. I could see getting a few points for bringing in new members!

Steve_Harbula
05-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Interesting ideas. We have a lot on our plates right now, but when we get time to look at possible board enhancements a referral system will be discussed. But not "mod for a month." Oh, no.... ;)

Jared
05-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Interesting ideas. We have a lot on our plates right now, but when we get time to look at possible board enhancements a referral system will be discussed. But not "mod for a month." Oh, no.... ;)

Mod for a month? Man, this has been the longest month of my life, then. :D

JWinn
05-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Mod for a month? Man, this has been the longest month of my life, then. :D

And it's only the fifth day of the month for you! :laugh: