PDA

View Full Version : wuss of the year

broncos0707
11-09-2003, 11:04 PM
has too be mike vic what a little whimp i think they should have mvp but also have the wuss of the year awards cause i think mike vic would get it hands down "i know im all better but i cant play cause im a little wussy"

BroncoCy
11-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by horseface
why should he play this year? His team isn't going anywhere...there's no need for him to rush it and get reinjured. If I was his coach...I wouldn't let him play if he wanted to...Mike Vick can't save the Falcons.

I agree 100%.

Javalon
11-09-2003, 11:19 PM
why should he play this year? His team isn't going anywhere...there's no need for him to rush it and get reinjured. If I was his coach...I wouldn't let him play if he wanted to...Mike Vick can't save the Falcons.

I don't think that's Dan Reeves' mindset right now. He's got to be hearing all the talk that he might be out of a job after this season. If he can get Vick back in there and win some more games, it might give the fans and, more importantly, the team's owner hope that next season will be better.

Playing Vick might be Reeves' only hope so he might not to wait until Vick feels 100%.

I'm not say it's right, just that Reeves might be thinking that way.

Javalon
11-09-2003, 11:33 PM
true...but Reeves got himself into that...I don't even think Vick can save him now.

You're probably right. But if you were Reeves, wouldn't you still try?

I'd like to think that I wouldn't put my career ahead of a player's health but until somebody hires me to coach their NFL team I won't know for sure. So...any teams out there want to hire me as head coach? Please? :)

broncos0707
11-10-2003, 12:01 AM
he gets more money in one year, then 95% will see in are whole life. he needs to play the doc. says hes ok. and he is killing my fantasy football stats

Fat Joe
11-10-2003, 01:20 AM
i dont think the Falcons failures this season should fall on Reeves shoulders 100%. Yes, he probably could be doing a better job, but Vick was that team, period. Without him there seriously lacking a leader on the field who can make things happen. If they get Vick in there towards the end and hes healthy, and they win a few games, I think the majority of people will ease up on Reeves.

BroncoCy
11-10-2003, 12:11 PM
I heard that Reeves will be back next year as long as he fires his DC...his name isn't hitting me though. If he remains loyal to his DC...look for Kirk Ferentz to be the leading man for the job.

Javalon
11-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by BroncoCy
I heard that Reeves will be back next year as long as he fires his DC...his name isn't hitting me though. If he remains loyal to his DC...look for Kirk Ferentz to be the leading man for the job.

Isn't his defensive coordinator Wade Phillips? Same guy who coached some fairly decent defenses here in Denver although he didn't do well as head coach.

I personally won't criticize the falcons for struggling without Vick; just look at Denver's struggles without Plummer.

BroncoCy
11-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Isn't his defensive coordinator Wade Phillips? Same guy who coached some fairly decent defenses here in Denver although he didn't do well as head coach.

I personally won't criticize the falcons for struggling without Vick; just look at Denver's struggles without Plummer.

Yes it is Wade Phillips.

broncos0707
11-10-2003, 10:44 PM
i liked wade as a d.c. but the man cant coach an offence

BroncoCy
11-10-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by broncos0707
i liked wade as a d.c. but the man cant coach an offence

Was he a OC in Buffalo? If not...why would he need to know offenSE?

orangenblue420
11-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by tahuya man
Why should he play? Because he's getting paid millions of dollars to play. It's his job to play. When he gets healthy he should play no matter what his teams record is.

I agree 1000%, you play cause that's what you get paid to do. Do employees stop working if their company has a bad quarter? Does our government just quit (though sometimes I wish they would) just cause we are in a recession?

There's more to any sport than just physical ability and talent.....it's called HEART..............If you dont have heart for what you are doing you are going to fail...............

You dont quit playing your best game just cause your team has a losing records. What happened to the days when players had heart. All I know is I'm glad John did, cause where would we have been if he decided to "quit" just cause his teams had losing records........

Not to mention, what kind of inspiration is that to his teammates.....what does that show kids who are trying to aspire to be an athlete?

It's total BS...........

Almost Heaven
11-11-2003, 11:39 AM
I think old Mike Vick should look at the game film last year of Byron Leftwhich being caried up the field by his lineman, he was still in college and knew he'd be a top pick but he sucked it up for his team. Give me Byron Leftwhich of Michael Vick anyday!

pikman
11-11-2003, 11:46 AM
There is sure a lot of Vick bashing going on in here. Has he come right out and said he won't play until next year? Until he does and until he has full medical clearance to play I say lay-off the man and let him heal up.

Just playing the devils advocate here but maybe 2 weeks ago when kannel was having such trouble, Plummer should have sucked it up and done what he gets paid to do.

By the way I thought NFL players only get their full salary if they actually play.

I think if Dan Reeves pulls his head out of his a$$ a few games ago and starts using warwick dunn the way he should the falcons may have a slightly better record than they do now.

Aardwolf
11-11-2003, 01:16 PM
If you want to talk, "Wuss of the Year", you need look no farther than Steve Beuerlein.

The guy hurts his pinky finger and has to go on injured reserve. That's unreal! The very same day Beuerlein hurt hit pinky, another NFL QB broke his thumb on his throwing hand on about the third play of the game and he didn't even miss a snap. Played the whole game and started the next game as well, all with a broken thumb while Beuerlein wussed out 'cause of his poor wittle pinky.

pikman
11-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Aardwolf
If you want to talk, "Wuss of the Year", you need look no farther than Steve Beuerlein.

The guy hurts his pinky finger and has to go on injured reserve. That's unreal! The very same day Beuerlein hurt hit pinky, another NFL QB broke his thumb on his throwing hand on about the third play of the game and he didn't even miss a snap. Played the whole game and started the next game as well, all with a broken thumb while Beuerlein wussed out 'cause of his poor wittle pinky.

I'd have to say the pinky is more instrumental in throwing the ball.

signed
The baby toe

Javalon
11-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Aardwolf

Not to defend Beuerlein, because I think his best days were clearly behind him, but he didn't have to go on I.R. Shanahan chose to put him there so he wouldn't have to cut an additional player in order to wait for Steve's finger to heal.

Also, I won't comment on the severity of Steve's injury except to ask, did you see that thing? That was gnarly.

NOLABroncofan
11-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by pikman

signed
The baby toe

Agreed... not to mention that at his age, breaking anything has got to be extremely painful. Not that a break by a younger guy would be less painful, but lets be honest... what's the recovery time on a broken hip by a "depends" wearer vice a 13 year old kid. Bad metaphor... but I hope you get the point.

Nuff said...

SLCBroncFan
11-11-2003, 01:36 PM
i disagree horseface... i think that the return of vick (assuming he is indeed ready to play) will help the falcons. it will boost their moral and he can do great things for that team. If he wasnt that much of an affect on them then they would have played just as well w/out him. They obviously proved that they need him to win, which is sad on their part but nonetheless its tru......
Javalon-- i did see Steve's finger and that was one h*** of a dislocation, how that wasnt broken is beyond me.

AsianOrange
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Definetely Vick. I would also like to nominate Jeremy Shockey and congradulate him on a successful Sophmore slump.

Aardwolf
11-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by pikman

signed
The baby toe

A "pinky" is MORE instrumental in throwing a ball than a "thumb"?

Are you for real? Try holding on to ANYTHING without your thumb.

Vick has a broken leg and he has only missed 9 games. He is back to practicing with the team and should be playing again by the end of this month.

A couple of years back Ed McCaffery had a broken leg and missed 15 games. Does that make him the "Wuss of the Year" for 2001?