defense!!!
05-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Spread Your Utep Love Here.

BVP
05-07-2005, 10:14 PM
I cant love UTEP when they loose to CU in a bowl game. :mad:

Jared
05-07-2005, 10:18 PM
I remember the UTEP two step.......Timmayyyyyyyyyyy.

Nasty move, that was.

topscribe
05-08-2005, 01:35 AM
I remember years ago when UTEP came to Ft. Collins with Mercury Morris in its stable. First time he touched the ball, he went 60, 80 yards . . . I don't know now. But he showed no mercy as CSU fell to earth in a fireball. Terrible day. :mad:

BVP
05-08-2005, 08:27 AM
I remember years ago when UTEP came to Ft. Collins with Mercury Morris in its stable. First time he touched the ball, he went 60, 80 yards . . . I don't know now. But he showed no mercy as CSU fell to earth in a fireball. Terrible day. :mad:

I dont even remember that day. How long ago was it?

Jared
05-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I dont even remember that day. How long ago was it?

Well, Morris played for the Dolphins back in the 70's, so this must have been a while ago.

30 or more years, I'm guessing.

BVP
05-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Well, Morris played for the Dolphins back in the 70's, so this must have been a while ago.

30 or more years, I'm guessing.

Oh, years way before my time on Earth. But also back then, CSU wasnt very good.

topscribe
05-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Had to be 1968. Morris joined the Dolphins in 1969. My wife was with me at the game, and I didn't know her before '68. (Yup, you guessed it; I'm one of the old farts here.) Indeed, CSU was not terribly good back then. As I remember, UTEP and Wyoming were the powers of the WAC (Western Athletic Conference--I believe that was its name).

This thread just brought back memories of that game and my watching Morris race up and down the field as if he were running wind sprints. :ugh:

BVP
05-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Indeed, CSU was not terribly good back then. As I remember, UTEP and Wyoming were the powers of the WAC (Western Athletic Conference--I believe that was its name).

Yep, you are right. Now we are in the MWC. Mountain West Conference.

chickennob2
05-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Well im pretty sure UTEP is joining my tigers this year in C-USA (ACC robbed BigEast of Miami, VaTech, somebody else i forgot; BigEast then robbed C-USA of Louisville, Cinci, Marquette, and DePaul. C-USA is now taking in Marshall, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UCF, UTEP) So it should be interestin.

With some other teams leaving, that leaves C-USA as

Memphis, Houston, Southern Miss, Tulane, UAB, East Carolina, Marshall, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UCF, UTEP

what a downgrade

BVP
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Well im pretty sure UTEP is joining my tigers this year in C-USA (ACC robbed BigEast of Miami, VaTech, somebody else i forgot; BigEast then robbed C-USA of Louisville, Cinci, Marquette, and DePaul. C-USA is now taking in Marshall, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UCF, UTEP) So it should be interestin.

With some other teams leaving, that leaves C-USA as

Memphis, Houston, Southern Miss, Tulane, UAB, East Carolina, Marshall, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UCF, UTEP

what a downgrade

Man, you guys have no confrence compared to last year. They should combine the 3 best teams from MWC, WAC, and C-USA, and make 1 really good, BCS, conference.