PDA

View Full Version : Whos actually been to a game at mile high?

Fat Joe
11-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Anyone on here been? Im sure there are, but Im just curious. Im saving up to take a trip out there next year to go see a game, I've always wanted to go there and would have killed to go see the Pats play them there, despite them losing, but either way, is it really as good as its made out to be? Im sure it is since every time they show that camera from the top of the stadium its shaking, lol, man that must be sweet.

muse
11-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Buggering christ, I live in the UK and I've still been to a match...and i'm at school so i had to see an end-of-holiday preseason against the colts.

Hoolah
11-11-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by muse
Buggering christ, I live in the UK and I've still been to a match...and i'm at school so i had to see an end-of-holiday preseason against the colts.

Was that preseason game against the colts this year (we lost ahem), I was at that one!

I was also at the Patriots game on Monday night, my ambition is to attend a game that we win...

Though it's not that easy to get tickets.

Patriots on Monday night was a fantastic experience, the crowd was deafiningly loud! Such a buzz!

EddiMac87
11-11-2003, 08:31 AM
Invesco Field at Mile High is a beautiful, state of the art facility and I love attending games there but it lacks the magic that the original Mile High Stadium had. It is still a fantastic place to see the games, but as a long time season ticket holder, it just isn't quite the same. Call me nostalgic, but I miss the rust spots and antiquated bathrooms of Mile High. Don't get me wrong I like the new place, it's just missing some of the old mystique. Hopefully that "Mile High Magic" will build back up in time as our winning ways do. Good luck getting to a game soon, I am sure you'll love it!

orangenblue420
11-11-2003, 08:50 AM
I hear ya Eddie, I went to the last Mon night game (and a few before) at the Old Mile High vs. Raiders WE WON!!!!!! And I went to the opening game at Invesco vs. the Giants WE WON!!!!!!!! But thats the game Eddie broke his leg, I see it as a sign now.......we have been injury ridden ever since (ok, i may be a little superstitious, but I think we are cursed now that we moved, even if it just was across the parking lot, we tore down THE MILE HIGH......I have a t-shirt from the last mon night game that says "End of an Era" How true that ended up being :(

It is IMHO that this whole corporate stadium crap takes away from the real game, getting brand new stadiums takes away from the mystique. Can you imagine the Yankees w/o Yankee Stadium, the Red Sox without the Green Monster, and I'm sorry the Broncos without Mile HIgh. It's just not right.

broncos4ever
11-11-2003, 10:44 AM
I have been to many games at the Old Mile High and now in Invesco. Mile High had his its own uniqueness especially in the South Stands where I sat many years.

The Rocky Mountain thunder is not as loud because we longer have the bleachers in the south stands. I still sit in the south stands at Invesco and I do like the comfortable seats, but I miss Mile High even with the hard bleachers.

The crowd is not the same. Maybe over the years they will be, I don't know, but it is still a lot of fun to go to the games.

Going to a game is an experience you will never forget, so if you can attend by all means try to.

Most all the seats are good seats, but I guess I am spoiled, the fifth level is a little high for me. The seats are great there but once you sit in the second level, you do not want to go back to the fifth in my opinion.

BroncoCy
11-11-2003, 12:03 PM
I went to a Rockies game at the Old Mile High with a crowd of 70k+. It was unreal...and it was baseball! I have been to one game at Invesco so I can't really compare but it seemed plenty loud to me and I enjoyed my expierience even though the Broncos lost.

ozzy_osbourne
11-12-2003, 08:30 PM
The new stadium is less fan friendly, more costly (i.e. consessions parking) and we taxpayers paid for most if not all of the stadium... it is OK but there is no comparison to the old "gal"(sniff, tear in the eye) we called Mile High Stadium...

muse
11-13-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Hoolah
Was that preseason game against the colts this year (we lost ahem), I was at that one!

I was also at the Patriots game on Monday night, my ambition is to attend a game that we win...

Though it's not that easy to get tickets.

Patriots on Monday night was a fantastic experience, the crowd was deafiningly loud! Such a buzz!

Yep. Mind you, the 60 yard pass was great :D

Speed Demon #26
11-13-2003, 05:15 AM
I got to go two seasons ago when we played San Diego and that was the only game I've been to unfortunately. :( But it was an awesome experience. One of my best friends had a cousin and his wife who had season tickets and they weren't using those two
tickets for that game so my friend and I bought them and went.

Our seats kicked A$$!!! We were in the second deck right above the north end-zone. The Broncs won that game, and I was fortunate enough to see TD play. It was towards the end of his career, and he ran for only 75 yards. But man, I'll never forget that game.

The funny thing was I also went to the Husker game on that Saturday. (and you don't think I'm a football freak?) So I got to go Memorial Stadium in a capacity 75,000 + crowd, Drive back to Ogallala, get home at 1:30 AM, and leave that morning at about 7:00 and go to the Broncs game at 2:00, welcomed by another wild bunch of 75,000 + screaming fans. DEFINATELY a weekend I'll never forget. Oh yeah, the Big Red also won their game against Kansas State.

dcorbett
11-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by EddiMac87
Invesco Field at Mile High is a beautiful, state of the art facility and I love attending games there but it lacks the magic that the original Mile High Stadium had. It is still a fantastic place to see the games, but as a long time season ticket holder, it just isn't quite the same. Call me nostalgic, but I miss the rust spots and antiquated bathrooms of Mile High. Don't get me wrong I like the new place, it's just missing some of the old mystique. Hopefully that "Mile High Magic" will build back up in time as our winning ways do.

Went to one game and a lot of other events (high school band competitions, etc) at the old Mile High. It DID have a magical feeling. Now I have been to one game at Invesco, had club level seating, but it was the Monday game LAST year when the Raiders beat us up, Griese froze in the pocket, Shannon was hurt, and Gannon hit every pass he threw. Needless to say, the atmosphere at the game was low and sad. But Invesco is so state-of-the-art that it doesn't feel REAL, ya know?

Debbie C

TonyJ
11-13-2003, 08:32 AM
Living in Indy, I dont get to too many games at Mile High, but I did fly out for one game. It was a monday night game, right before Thanksgiving. We spanked the Raiders. What an awesome weekend. Denver really takes pride in its Monday night parties and events. Oh yeah, it was the year we won the Superbowl, so that was great. Im still trying to make it out to the new stadium. But I will be there soon!

dcorbett
11-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by TonyJ
Living in Indy, I dont get to too many games at Mile High, but I did fly out for one game. It was a monday night game, right before Thanksgiving. We spanked the Raiders. What an awesome weekend. Denver really takes pride in its Monday night parties and events. Oh yeah, it was the year we won the Superbowl, so that was great. Im still trying to make it out to the new stadium. But I will be there soon!

Ooooh, take me with you!!!

ReasonableChief
11-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Y'all should buy me a season ticket. I've been to six games at Mile High (5 Chiefs-Broncos) and 1 Denver Bears game and the home team won all of them.

I've not been to to the new field, but I can't imagine the stands shake like they did in the old Mile High.

ReasonableChief
11-13-2003, 11:41 AM
I only associate bad things for my team with the stands shaking, so that's one engineering breakthrough I could do without. LOL. Seriously, Denver's a great place to go to a game, and KC wasn't worth a darn during the years I went so it wasn't a real shock to lose.

Perry1977
11-13-2003, 11:50 AM
I miss old mile high. =( I miss those narrow shakey metal walkways that you would zigzag down after a game. They would make so much noise when people walked down them. Invesco has the huge extra wide concrete ramps, and they are no fun!! It wasn't just the stadium though, the fans were better back then too. We are now too diluted to be as effective in our own stadium as we used to be. Too many corporate coneheads at the games, and far too many transplants who have moved from their sub standard cities to beautiful Colorado!!

Hehe.

AsianOrange
11-13-2003, 12:16 PM
I haven't but I got friends that were in Denver during games and it's like the entire city shuts down and parking becomes 50 dollars just to park!@#!

Now that's crazy! I would just bike it.

Aardwolf
11-13-2003, 12:36 PM
I have been to several games at Mile High Stadium but I have never been to Invesco Field.

Sure, Mile High Stadium was a decrepit old heap of decaying scrap metal but it was an exciting place to see a game. Where else could you experience an NFL game; plus, have all the excitement of riding one of those rickety old roller coaster rides at the old Elitch Gardens (38th Ave & Tennyson) at the same time? Kind of a 2 for one deal! LOL!

Hoolah
11-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Well you know I had a great time at Invesco, but I don't think that the name helps, hard to fall in love with a place called "invesco".

I know that corporate sponsorship is how allot of these places get built, but I think there should be a law somewhere stating that they are NOT allowed to name the actual stadium after the company...I mean where's the soul in the name "invesco"?

AsianOrange
11-13-2003, 12:54 PM
What are you talkin about kcdomination? Trhe Broncos have sold out there stadiums for 3 decades now!

BlueBomberDude
11-13-2003, 02:53 PM
Got down there the last season of the original Mile High and watched the Broncs lose to the patriots. Still had a fantastic time. now to get back and check out the new mile high....

broncos301
11-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Mile high stadium was a magical place to be. I was saddened when I saw it in rubble. Many historic moments. I was witness to TD crosing the 2000 yard mark against Seatle. Elway broke some records that day also. One of the several games I was able to sit in the seats of Mile High Stadium.

motarque
11-13-2003, 03:07 PM
went to a game in the last season of mile high. The San Diego game where Gus Ferrotte set the single game record. I was on the last row in the north side.

I went to a game the following season (First season in Invesco) and sat front row in the south stands. Played washington...lost. sucked bad.

SD bronco pride
11-13-2003, 07:14 PM
I saw my first ever Broncos home game this season when we beat the Steelers. The atmosphere was great and I got to see one hell of a ballgame. I was disappointed I didn't get to see Jake play, but the Broncos winning on a last second field goal by Elam is an exprience I will never forget. As a South Dakota resident, I don't get the opportunity to get to Denver alot; however, I am looking forward to graduating law school and becoming a Denver resident and a Broncos season ticket holder!!

Welcome back Jake and Go Broncos!!

dcorbett
11-13-2003, 08:10 PM
<<Welcome back Jake and Go Broncos!!>>

Yes sir!!! Go Broncos!!!