PDA

View Full Version : The Grey Cup

pikman
11-11-2003, 10:22 AM
I was just wondering how many of you know or care that the Grey Cup is being played this coming Sunday?

NOLABroncofan
11-11-2003, 11:13 AM
/Shrug

No offense, I'm just not familiar with the "Grey cup".

Nuff said...

pikman
11-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
/Shrug

No offense, I'm just not familiar with the "Grey cup".

Nuff said...

Just proving a point to myself. The Grey Cup is the Canadian Football Leagues championship game.
I was pretty sure I'd see little or no interest in this thread even from canadians that might be on this board.

"Damn I'm tired of being right all the time"

NOLABroncofan
11-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Well... that being said, I won't be watching it most likely, but that is just due to unfamiliararity with the Canadian league.

Good luck to whichever team you are rooting for Pik =D

p.s. Just curious... my dad was telling me that our family migrated to the states from Canada. According to him, my great great ( one of those grand dads from a long time ago ) was the postmaster of a certain area in Saskatchewan ( spelling?). Apparently, there wasn't a town in the area, so they created one around his post office and named it after him... called it Loweton. Ever heard of a place called that? Just curioius

Nuff said...

pikman
11-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Well... that being said, I won't be watching it most likely, but that is just due to unfamiliararity with the Canadian league.

Good luck to whichever team you are rooting for Pik =D

p.s. Just curious... my dad was telling me that our family migrated to the states from Canada. According to him, my great great ( one of those grand dads from a long time ago ) was the postmaster of a certain area in Saskatchewan ( spelling?). Apparently, there wasn't a town in the area, so they created one around his post office and named it after him... called it Loweton. Ever heard of a place called that? Just curioius

Nuff said...

I don't watch the CFL much, don't have a fave and besides the broncos are on TV.

This was strictly a research question.

Don't know a Loweton, or Bill or Mary or Ted from Canada.

NOLABroncofan
11-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Ahh.... apologies. I misunderstood and thought you were one of the Canadian posters. <oops>

Nuff said...

pikman
11-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Ahh.... apologies. I misunderstood and thought you were one of the Canadian posters. <oops>

Nuff said...

No apology necessary i am proudly canadian just don't enjoy the canadian brand of football, and am not familiar with that area of saskatchewan. as for the bob, mary comment its kind of a canadian inside joke.