PDA

View Full Version : What college football team do you root for and why?

rjcla30
05-10-2005, 07:39 AM
What college football team do you root for and why? I am just curious.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Notre Dame
Basically because I grew up being able to watch every single one of their games...hard not to become a fan in my opinion.
Also take into account, i got into them when i was prob. about 10, and they were still in their heyday..all the mystique...heisman trophy winners, national championships, big rivalries..touchdown jesus.

BroncoInATL
05-10-2005, 09:51 AM
The Florida Gators! I spent most of my formative years in Gainesville. My mother, both aunts and sisters went to UF.

I also root for North Dakota, where I played for two years and attended classes for two years.

Nebraska as long as they are not playing UF.

Charlie Brown
05-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Ohio State and CU Buffs
CU Because a bunch of my friends attend that university and they root for them.

Ohio because I'm a Browns fan and they grew on me after all the chats about them on DT.

NEOhioBronco
05-10-2005, 12:11 PM
I've been watching The Ohio State University football games since I was little. I remember all of the greats pass through there, the years of Cooper, national title hopes up in smoke against MSU, and now Jim Tressel who I followed a little bit at Youngstown State.

GO BUCKS!!!

oldustyballs
05-10-2005, 02:23 PM
The Florida Gators! I spent most of my formative years in Gainesville. My mother, both aunts and sisters went to UF.

I also root for North Dakota, where I played for two years and attended classes for two years.

Nebraska as long as they are not playing UF.

Wow a Florida fan that likes the Huskers also. I thought everybody in Florida hated the Huskers, but maybe thats more a miami hurricane thing. :cheers:

BVP
05-10-2005, 02:55 PM
CSU and Nebraska. CSU because my family has gone their for 8 years. Nebraska because they are rivals against CU.

BroncoInATL
05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Wow a Florida fan that likes the Huskers also. I thought everybody in Florida hated the Huskers, but maybe thats more a miami hurricane thing. :cheers:

Under Osborne and Solich and I liked there style of play. I was offered a partial atheletic and partial academic scholarship. They wanted me at FB. I chose North Dakota.

Jared
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Penn State.

Because I dig the no name unis. And I always know the family of at least one kid on the team, even out here in Cali.

Also, JoePa is hard to root against, even when they are bad. I can only hope he realizes that it is time to retire on his own.

topscribe
05-10-2005, 09:00 PM
UNC (Northern Colorado) because it's my alma mater. CSU because UNC is a Division II school, and CSU was the nearest Division I school, and my cousin played there. Arizona (UA) because that's where I live now, and UA is everything in this town (Tucson).

mrsolo
05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
University of Oklahoma. I've lived in Oklahoma (near and in Tulsa) all my life. My older brother was HUGE OU fan and I followed right along in his footsteps. I was in 6th grade when they won the 1985 national championship, and I haven't been able to get enough of them since.

I root for all Big 12 teams(except Texas) when they are playing out of conference.

Conde
05-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Colorado Buffaloes!

I love every team from Colorado because of the Denver Broncos except for the Rockies because I hate Baseball and the Colorado State Rams because they are rivals with CU but don't really hate them. Plus I lived in Colorado for a short time back in '87 and attended the University of Colorado and walked on to the Football team.

oldustyballs
05-11-2005, 08:38 AM
Under Osborne and Solich and I liked there style of play. I was offered a partial atheletic and partial academic scholarship. They wanted me at FB. I chose North Dakota.

Dang I bet the Huskers could have used you we have'nt had a decent FB in awhile. We were expecting such great things from Judd Davies he was an absolute monster in high school, he just could'nt get it done on the next level.
They recruited a FB this year and I hope he does better than what we have had in recent years.

I too like Osbornes and Solichs style, but I also am really excited for this coming season. Nebraska had a top 5 recruiting class and I think our offense has the potential to be exposive.

Anyway I think its going to be an exciting year in college football with all the coaching changes should make for an interesting year. :cheers:

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Anyway I think its going to be an exciting year in college football with all the coaching changes should make for an interesting year. :cheers:
Definitely!
Obviously, as a Notre Dame fan, i'm interested to see what Charlie Weis can do!

In addition though, it should be just as interesting to see Meyer at Florida, and maybe more so, to see what Spurrier can do at South Carolina!

Bronx84
05-22-2005, 03:02 PM
My friend likes college but i don't really follow it but when ever I see Maryland playing I'll watch the game.

Dream
05-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Michigan, the best team ever.

Peerless
05-23-2005, 04:41 PM
WI.............. I'm a homer :goofy:

Peerless
05-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Michigan, the best team ever.
Yea....... we play this year...... I think it should be a good game.

BVP
05-23-2005, 05:11 PM
I dont know why, but I really like Florida State too.

In-com-plete
05-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Marshall. My old man used to take me to atleast one game every year as a kid. I also liked Michigan growing up. I thought their unis were cool. They were my I-A team before Marshall joined the MAC. Now I don't really follow Michigan anymore.

BulldogRed
05-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Bosie State of course!!!

No really Frenso State. They are so tough and fearless. We have more respect for us as a mid major then any other because of our class and courage, we always play up to big time games and have the best win % agaisnt the BCS schools than any other mid major since 99. Fresno State Rocks.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-26-2005, 05:28 AM
Marshall. My old man used to take me to atleast one game every year as a kid. I also liked Michigan growing up. I thought their unis were cool. They were my I-A team before Marshall joined the MAC. Now I don't really follow Michigan anymore.
WVU > Marshall :D

QG2004
05-26-2005, 10:16 AM
The U I Just Love Miami... + My Friend Plays There Calais Campbell.
And Usc My Other Friend Plays There Lendale White!!

DarKliger
05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Well my team is the Florida Gators. Not sure why really ive just always liked to watch them whenever i can (which isnt often out here in Virginia).

Also root for UVA.

Mr_Bueno
05-27-2005, 09:50 AM
I love the Arkansas Razorbacks. I was born and raised in Arkansas, and I just moved to Denver about 7 years ago. Try to catch every game I can.

CH3COOH
05-27-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm a fan of the 2004 RMAC Champion Colorado School of Mines Orediggers. Mostly, ok entirely, because I go there.

Sevenis7
05-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Live in the LA area, so its either UCLA or USC around here. I've always prefered SC (I guess it's b/c they're the "traditional" football school + UCLA is the basketball school). It's been cool the last couple of years, but there were some lean (Paul Hackett) years when they couldn't beat their big rivals (UCLA + Notre Dame). I guess what goes around, comes around....

And Usc My Other Friend Plays There Lendale White!!

QG, any word on LenDale's future? I read in LA Times several weeks ago that he might declare for the supplemental draft due to academic reasons? Do you know anything about that?

pdt2505
05-29-2005, 08:31 PM
In my family you have to be a Michigan fan. Also being a proud alumni has only added to my love of the Wolverines. Being in the big house for the U of M comeback last year against Msu was the Greatest game I have ever gone too.

rcsodak
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM

The Fighting Sioux?!

You shoulda went to SDSU....at least you wouldn't have froze your ballz off...... :cheers:

rcsodak
06-03-2005, 09:46 PM
UNC (Northern Colorado) because it's my alma mater. CSU because UNC is a Division II school, and CSU was the nearest Division I school, and my cousin played there. Arizona (UA) because that's where I live now, and UA is everything in this town (Tucson).

Top, isn't UNC a Div 1AA team now.......?

rcsodak
06-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Sooners.
For 30 years......

You can tell a REAL fan of a team, by whether they 'jump ship' after a few lean years.......

And living in Omaha, just makes it better!
While going to college, I had a musical horn that played Boomer Sooner (fight song)......and would have a 'blast' playing it after OU would beat NU.

As long as Callahan's around.....I might just have to invest in another horn.... :D

mrsolo
06-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Sooners.
For 30 years......

You can tell a REAL fan of a team, by whether they 'jump ship' after a few lean years.......

While going to college, I had a musical horn that played Boomer Sooner (fight song)......and would have a 'blast' playing it after OU would beat NU.

As long as Callahan's around.....I might just have to invest in another horn.... :D

AMEN, brother!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!
:beer:

Dream
06-04-2005, 10:25 AM

Awesome, I was going to go to UND but then I ended up liking Fargo a lot better. NDSU for me. Good choice though, atleast you didn't end up going to BHSU, SDSU, NSU or USD. Heh, :beer:

rcsodak
06-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Awesome, I was going to go to UND but then I ended up liking Fargo a lot better. NDSU for me. Good choice though, atleast you didn't end up going to BHSU, SDSU, NSU or USD. Heh, :beer:

Like you'd know the difference, Huron.......

Funny how you left out SDSM&T......what, their standards too high? :coffee:

Dream
06-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Like you'd know the difference, Huron.......

Funny how you left out SDSM&T......what, their standards too high? :coffee:

Actually I was going to go to SDSM&T -- it was high on my list. Absolutely fantastic school, probably one of the best for engineering in the country. When I decided not to become an engineer of some sorts (computer, electrical and civil were my interests) I decided to go to a school that offered a good Political Science/Pre-Law/Public Service education. It was either Nebraska, Minnesota or NDSU. Instead of paying 20,000+ at Minnesota or Nebraska, I thought I'd go to Fargo, at a school that's considered just as good in the first place for about seven thousand less. I have some family ties up there and I really do enjoy the cold weather and the city that's on the rise. (Pretty much like Sioux Falls, but IMO -- better) -- behind those and a few others, Tech was right there. Like I said, when I decided not to become an engineer, I took it off my list. Otherwise, it was #1 without question.

USD would have been my choice if I were to stay in South Dakota and not be an engineering major, but I do not like the campus and Vermillion (as you should know) is a dump town. A lot of my friends are going down there and I knew I wouldn't do any studying at all if I was with those goons.

SDSM&T doesn't have high standards at all. Infact, the standards at all of our state universities are the same. (To my knowledge, perhaps Augustana is different though). Infact, according to my sources, (college handbooks, etc.) NDSU's selectivity is higher than that of any of our state schools. That doesn't mean Tech is any less of a school.

If you're trying to insult my intelligence, I'm laughing already. I was an honors student and a Regents and Presidential Scholar. I won many awards through HS and even earned some scholarships (not too much of an athlete) for my hard work. Infact, most univeristies didn't have high enough standards for me.

It's pretty amazing when a kid from South Dakota is getting tracked down by Oregon, Washington, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, New York, etc. when I didn't even send them a darn thing.

Coincidentally, I was hardly offered a dime in-state and I could have got thousands more out of state, however it wouldn't have compensated for the overall costs if I were to have attended there versus here anyways. A big factor into me not attending a state schools was the State Legislature's passing of a bill that ended up screwing many kids out of their Promise Scholarships. They were getting a thousand less than they were originally offered because Republicans (Oh, go figure) in the SL in Pierre decided that we didn't have enough money to give the kids who earned there scholarship. As you can tell, we did a fantastic job electing Mike Rounds to be our governor and even a better job of electing John Thune to the Senate.

I mean really, look what he's doing for South Dakota! *laughs* Not. Another huge reason I got out.

Being smart payed off for me RC. It's too bad I didn't go to UNO like some of my friends and I could've met you! Shame!

aberdien
06-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Nebraska because it's where my whole family on my moms side lives.

mrsolo
06-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Actually I was going to go to SDSM&T -- it was high on my list. Absolutely fantastic school, probably one of the best for engineering in the country. When I decided not to become an engineer of some sorts (computer, electrical and civil were my interests) I decided to go to a school that offered a good Political Science/Pre-Law/Public Service education. It was either Nebraska, Minnesota or NDSU. Instead of paying 20,000+ at Minnesota or Nebraska, I thought I'd go to Fargo, at a school that's considered just as good in the first place for about seven thousand less. I have some family ties up there and I really do enjoy the cold weather and the city that's on the rise. (Pretty much like Sioux Falls, but IMO -- better) -- behind those and a few others, Tech was right there. Like I said, when I decided not to become an engineer, I took it off my list. Otherwise, it was #1 without question.

USD would have been my choice if I were to stay in South Dakota and not be an engineering major, but I do not like the campus and Vermillion (as you should know) is a dump town. A lot of my friends are going down there and I knew I wouldn't do any studying at all if I was with those goons.

SDSM&T doesn't have high standards at all. Infact, the standards at all of our state universities are the same. (To my knowledge, perhaps Augustana is different though). Infact, according to my sources, (college handbooks, etc.) NDSU's selectivity is higher than that of any of our state schools. That doesn't mean Tech is any less of a school.

If you're trying to insult my intelligence, I'm laughing already. I was an honors student and a Regents and Presidential Scholar. I won many awards through HS and even earned some scholarships (not too much of an athlete) for my hard work. Infact, most univeristies didn't have high enough standards for me.

It's pretty amazing when a kid from South Dakota is getting tracked down by Oregon, Washington, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, New York, etc. when I didn't even send them a darn thing.

Coincidentally, I was hardly offered a dime in-state and I could have got thousands more out of state, however it wouldn't have compensated for the overall costs if I were to have attended there versus here anyways. A big factor into me not attending a state schools was the State Legislature's passing of a bill that ended up screwing many kids out of their Promise Scholarships. They were getting a thousand less than they were originally offered because Republicans (Oh, go figure) in the SL in Pierre decided that we didn't have enough money to give the kids who earned there scholarship. As you can tell, we did a fantastic job electing Mike Rounds to be our governor and even a better job of electing John Thune to the Senate.

I mean really, look what he's doing for South Dakota! *laughs* Not. Another huge reason I got out.

Being smart payed off for me RC. It's too bad I didn't go to UNO like some of my friends and I could've met you! Shame!

That's impressive, but be careful. You'll throw your shoulder out of socket by patting yourself on the back! j/k :D

Skywalker
06-16-2005, 09:41 PM
The Texas Longhorns. I dont really know why I like them.I just do.

ReleaseTheBeast7
06-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Michigan, because they have one hell of an organization up there! I jumped on the bandwagon two years ago, around the time where I started actually getting intrested into college football. Before, I used to be a Tennessee Vols. fan, but only because my uncle likes them. But now, since I actually follow NCAAF, I must say that Michigan is my team!

NJBRONCOSFAN
06-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Michigan blows! :D

BroncoInATL
06-21-2005, 03:01 PM
The Fighting Sioux?!

You shoulda went to SDSU....at least you wouldn't have froze your ballz off...... :cheers:

Lets see....IIRC during the winter I recall two different temps....f---ing cold and shruken nuts...

BroncoInATL
06-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Gator Fans!

You better get ready! I think Coach Myer is going to have a good team this year!

Bronco8534
06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
i root for the Boise State Broncos

1. because they r called the broncos
2. and because they play on a blue field

broncomaniac255
06-21-2005, 03:10 PM
USF AND FSU because they are the hometown team

BroncoInATL
06-21-2005, 03:24 PM
USF AND FSU because they are the hometown team

You live in Tampa?

broncomaniac255
06-21-2005, 03:31 PM
You live in Tampa?
yeah i live in tampa

BroncoInATL
06-21-2005, 04:22 PM
What highschool did you go to?

broncomaniac255
06-22-2005, 08:39 AM
not in tampa in the the tampa area and i went to bloomingdale

BroncoInATL
06-22-2005, 12:12 PM
I went to and graduated from Chamberlain.

I'm familar with Blooming dale. Did USF hire a new coach?

broncomaniac255
06-22-2005, 12:13 PM
head coach no if thats what coach u mean

broncomaniac255
06-22-2005, 12:14 PM
head coach no if thats what coach u mean
it is still levite or how ever u spell his name

BroncoInATL
06-22-2005, 02:45 PM
I thought Levit got fire? My parents have USF Football season tickets.

broncomaniac255
06-22-2005, 02:47 PM
I thought Levit got fire? My parents have USF Football season tickets.
he is still registered i heard he might but i dident think they would go through with it

Dvd0825
06-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Arizona State University, have been a fan since the 60's, also attended and played there

Nick7
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Nebraska. My dad loved the option so he liked NU and OU. But he found himself rooting for NU when they played OU so he chose them. I also like Florida State and OU (when they aren't playing NU).

West
07-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Sooners.
For 30 years......

HAHAHAHA! SOONERS SUCK!

CU BUFFS BABY!!!

MAURICE GREER AND LAWERENCE VICKERS BE KICKING DAT ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

West
07-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Michigan, because they have one hell of an organization up there! I jumped on the bandwagon two years ago!
Makes me wonder when your going to jump off the Broncos bandwagon. :confused:

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Makes me wonder when your going to jump off the Broncos bandwagon. :confused:

Hrm... Never?

mrsolo
07-19-2005, 12:14 PM
HAHAHAHA! SOONERS SUCK!

CU BUFFS BABY!!!

MAURICE GREER AND LAWERENCE VICKERS BE KICKING DAT ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Now that's funny....You might want to see what's left of dem buffs after they go to Miami. :D

In-com-plete
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
WVU > Marshall :D
You're way off man. WVU = *****. They won't play Marshall (cause they know they'll lose) in Hunington, they have a great season every 10 years, ***** about not getting any respect, then get blown out in their bowl game. I pull for them, but never could root for them. I think it was because of Don Nehlen. For years he was the worst college football coach and for some reason was worshiped in the great state of West Virginia.

Michigan blows! :D
You blow! :D

West
07-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Now that's funny....You might want to see what's left of dem buffs after they go to Miami. :D
After they play one of the most overrated teams in the nation this year? Sure. A 27-17 W is what is going to be left of them. CU will have a great year with about 2 losses. :beer:

mrsolo
07-19-2005, 02:04 PM
After they play one of the most overrated teams in the nation this year? Sure. A 27-17 W is what is going to be left of them. CU will have a great year with about 2 losses. :beer:

Hmmm....beer goggles maybe? I'm afraid CU might not even cross the 50 against Miami's D. CU will finish 2nd in the North at best.

West
07-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Hmmm....beer goggles maybe? I'm afraid CU might not even cross the 50 against Miami's D. CU will finish 2nd in the North at best.
While OU struggles to get to even 3rd in the South, behind A&M and UT. :P

mrsolo
07-19-2005, 02:08 PM
While OU struggles to get to even 3rd in the South, behind A&M and UT. :P

Maybe. The south will be tough. Shoot....Texas Tech may be better than A&M this year. CU would finish 5th in the South though. I think Baylor would have a shot at 4th in the north.

West
07-19-2005, 02:11 PM
CU will turn some heads this year, I guarentee. Their D is going to be great led by Thaddeus Washington, Brian Iwoh and JJ Billingsley.

mrsolo
07-19-2005, 02:26 PM
CU will turn some heads this year, I guarentee. Their D is going to be great led by Thaddeus Washington, Brian Iwoh and JJ Billingsley.

Yeah...they should be better. I think OU will surprise some people. Everyone thinks they will be down this year. They may not be playing for the Nat Championship, but I think they will still be good....and vying for the Big 12 title again. I think the defense will be really good despite the players we lost in the draft. Dusty Dvoracek will be a monster this year, in a legal way. :D

West
07-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah...they should be better. I think OU will surprise some people. Everyone thinks they will be down this year. They may not be playing for the Nat Championship, but I think they will still be good....and vying for the Big 12 title again. I think the defense will be really good despite the players we lost in the draft. Dusty Dvoracek will be a monster this year, in a legal way. :D
I don't think the weapons are there for them this year like it has been in years past. I mean their star WR this year is Travis Wilson? :confused:

BVP
07-19-2005, 02:40 PM

Yeah yeah, they are gonna get their asses handed to them!

mrsolo
07-19-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't think the weapons are there for them this year like it has been in years past. I mean their star WR this year is Travis Wilson? :confused:

Have you watched him play? He had 11 touchdowns last year. He's just about as fast as the 3 receivers that got drafted this year, and he's bigger and stronger. :confused:

West
07-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Have you watched him play? He had 11 touchdowns last year. He's just about as fast as the 3 receivers that got drafted this year, and he's bigger and stronger. :confused:
And yet he was playing against the 3rd or 4th corner on the opposing team. Not too remarkable.

mrsolo
07-19-2005, 03:57 PM
And yet he was playing against the 3rd or 4th corner on the opposing team. Not too remarkable.

3rd or 4th corner? DID YOU WATCH HIM PLAY?? He had 50 catches for 660 yards last year. Mark Bradley and Brandon Jones had 51 combined. He was #2 on the deptch chart....so I doubt he was playing against "the 3rd or 4th corner on the opposing team." You really should do some research before you make comments as if they were fact. Are you just upset that he's better than any of the CU receivers? :confused:

West
07-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Are you just upset that he's better than any of the CU receivers? :confused:
Not at all, because I know CU is a run heavy team and we're going to do much of that with Maurice Greer and Lawerence Vickers this year.

FTR- Blake Mackey isn't half bad.

Skywalker
07-25-2005, 02:23 PM
The Texas Longhorns. I dont really know why I like them.I just do.

and I suppose one reason I like the Longhorns is because I have always hated Oklahoma even before I wasnt a Longhorn fan.

West
07-25-2005, 02:32 PM
You know, I hate OU as much as the next guy but I am far away from being a UT fan.

Skywalker
07-25-2005, 03:10 PM
You know, I hate OU as much as the next guy but I am far away from being a UT fan.

ok now thats settled.

I like UT.......you dont.

:coffee:

West
07-25-2005, 03:14 PM
ok now thats settled.

I like UT.......you dont.

Ok? :goofy: That was a weird post. Don't understand it.

Skywalker
07-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok? :goofy: That was a weird post. Don't understand it.

do you think I care if your a UT fan or not?

:goofy:

West
07-25-2005, 03:45 PM
do you think I care if your a UT fan or not?

:goofy:
YOU SHOULD! :D

Skywalker
07-25-2005, 03:51 PM
YOU SHOULD! :D

why? in the "Switching teams" thread you keep going one about ppl are not faithful to the broncos or any team cause they switched to the broncos.

then in here you told me loud and clear that you werent a UT fan.

so why should I waste my time arguing with u and trying to make you a UT fan?

West
07-25-2005, 03:53 PM
why? in the "Switching teams" thread you keep going one about ppl are not faithful to the broncos or any team cause they switched to the broncos.

then in here you told me loud and clear that you werent a UT fan.

so why should I waste my time arguing with u and trying to make you a UT fan?
1. I quit ranting in that thread
2. Yes I did make it loud in clear I wasn't a UT fan
3. I didn't know you were trying to make me a UT fan

But..I am a fan of another B 12 team! CU BABY! :beer:

Skywalker
07-25-2005, 04:00 PM
1. I quit ranting in that thread
2. Yes I did make it loud in clear I wasn't a UT fan
3. I didn't know you were trying to make me a UT fan

But..I am a fan of another B 12 team! CU BABY! :beer:

1. thats good

2. yes u did

3. you said I should care that u werent a UT fan.

CU is ok.

West
07-25-2005, 04:02 PM
3. you said I should care that u werent a UT fan.
That was just me being me with my sarcastic cockyness. :beer:

Skywalker
07-25-2005, 04:25 PM
That was just me being me with my sarcastic cockyness. :beer:

lol well let me tell u that gets annoying :D

West
07-25-2005, 04:30 PM
lol well let me tell u that gets annoying :D
I think I do it just to get under peoples skin. :D

Skywalker
07-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I think I do it just to get under peoples skin. :D

that makes sense because I do that to my younger sister.

Jack Luminous
07-25-2005, 11:12 PM
The Miami Hurricanes.

Because they play with an attitude that I love, and that is they believe they are gonna win, no matter what. They play with a swagger, and have a great 'team' loyalty that is really unprecedented in all of college sports......hell, Ray Lewis goes back there to train with the Hurricanes, as does Edgerrin James and several others.....there is a brotherhood to the Hurricanes players that exceeds anything I have seen anywhere else. It is a legacy that Jimmy Johnosn built, and it exists even today.

And if Kyle Wright pans out at QB, look out, because they are loaded everywhere else...

Calif. Bronco
07-26-2005, 12:14 AM
USC - I've had season tickets since I was a student there in the mid-80's.

mrsolo
07-26-2005, 06:28 AM
USC - I've had season tickets since I was a student there in the mid-80's.

That's cool. Probably funny to hear from an OU fan given the last Orange Bowl, but I can not stand "bandwagon" fans. I went to OU games during the John Blake era, the Howard Schnellenberger era. Heck, I even watched them lose to Tulsa, in Norman!!! Since you've been a fan so long, I'm sure you've seen some "not so great" years. But you keep on watching, keep on cheering. :beer:

Skywalker
07-26-2005, 09:52 AM
The Miami Hurricanes.

Because they play with an attitude that I love, and that is they believe they are gonna win, no matter what. They play with a swagger, and have a great 'team' loyalty that is really unprecedented in all of college sports......hell, Ray Lewis goes back there to train with the Hurricanes, as does Edgerrin James and several others.....there is a brotherhood to the Hurricanes players that exceeds anything I have seen anywhere else. It is a legacy that Jimmy Johnosn built, and it exists even today.

And if Kyle Wright pans out at QB, look out, because they are loaded everywhere else...

the Hurricanes are my second favorite team.

when I was little.....the only college football teams i knew about were Florida State and Miami. that was actually the first 1-A game I ever watched (Florida State won :mad: )

I hated Florida State. lol to tell u the truth.....when i watched that game their logo scared me (hey I was little :D )

so I always ruit for Miami (unless they play Texas....but that doesnt happen to often). I followed them for some time but wasnt a true fan because I didnt really follow college football until 2 years ago.

and Im glad I did. :D

THE TEXAS LONGHORNS RULE!!

Momentum
07-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Root mainly for indiviual players... and my University of course

Aojaguar73
08-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Colorado Buffaloes!
Because I live 12 miles from cu and love watching the get a natioal title against the fighting irish

alan
08-12-2005, 02:11 PM
notre dame the fighting irish do i need to elaborate

Pryce4Prez
08-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Not at all, because I know CU is a run heavy team and we're going to do much of that with Maurice Greer and Lawerence Vickers this year.

FTR- Blake Mackey isn't half bad.

uhhh FYI Maurice Greer wasn't able to qualify so he's JUCO bound

clarette_fan13
08-13-2005, 03:47 PM
The Ohio State Buckeyes!!! Archie Griffin baby!!

bronerines
08-14-2005, 09:35 PM
i dont think i need to say who i root for but for you stupid people i root for the michigan wolverines

BVP
08-14-2005, 11:27 PM
uhhh FYI Maurice Greer wasn't able to qualify so he's JUCO bound

I told him that before, and he didn't believe me. :duh:

Chubs_323
08-15-2005, 12:42 AM
well I root for the Rams because i live in Fort Collins and the Miami Hurricanes because when i first got into college football they were winning

DBroncTD30
08-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Nice to see some fellow Gators on the board, thought I was the only one.
:beer:
Wilber Marshall and Cris Collinsworth were high school heroes from my area and went to college at UF, so I have rooted for the Gators since I was little.

thesaint
08-15-2005, 12:33 PM
There are a few Gator fans on the board actually. Always good to see another.

BroncoInATL
08-16-2005, 08:46 PM
We need more Gator fans. It's also tough being a Gator fan in Georgia.

BVP
08-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I bet it is hard being a Florida fan anywhere.

Florida= :coffee:

thesaint
08-17-2005, 05:58 AM
I bet it is hard being a Florida fan anywhere.

Florida= :coffee:

Yeah its tough playing in the best conference in the country and being ranked every year.

You know how that is being a CSU fan....oh wait...nevermind... :D

mecklenburger77
08-27-2005, 10:18 PM
My number one team is BYU, even though they have struggled as of late. But hopefully they can get it turned around this year. I also support Boise State, because I live in Idaho, except when they play BYU. Also like Nebraska, Michigan, Tennesee. Hate all Florida teams, especially the Gators and Hurricanes.

y2cragie
08-29-2005, 03:54 PM
university of Alabama. My ex's dad was/is a big fan of theres, saw a game on tv was impressed. Now a fan of a couple of years.

Deep Bomb
08-30-2005, 08:15 PM
It's all about the maze and blue. I grew up liking the Wolverines, because that was the team my dad always rooted for.

Deep Bomb
08-30-2005, 08:18 PM
the gators are my second favorite team. Got sorta tough when Michigan and Florida meet in a bowl game a few years ago.

RoorRipper
08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
My fathers side of the family is from Fort Smith, Arkansas. I've been to 3 home games, seen the hall of fame, and attended 2 basketball games.

Pig sooooooo-eeee!!!!! HOGS!!!!

chickennob2
08-31-2005, 11:31 PM
University of Oklahoma - Both parents grew up in Oklahoma and went to and graduated from OU

University of Memphis - Go TIGERS! The hometown team, gotta love 'em. We're goin undefeated this year baby. The vols are gonna get eaten alive by DeAngelo Williams's 200 yards, en route to the heisman. Plus in basketball, you've gotta love Calipari. This year will be sick. Rodney, Hunt, DWash.... for the non-memphis fans, DWash is the guy who missed the last 2 freethrows against Louisville with a tourney trip on the line in the C-USA championship game to let us lose by 1 point

slim_thugga21
08-31-2005, 11:58 PM
**** the usc trojans are the best college team rite now i think, they have a great offense quarterback(heismen) to bring them wins. sc is a breeding house for quarterbacks

enough said

broncoinmiami
09-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Im a CANES fan.... ive lived in miami all my life, i like the broncs cause of elway.

IA Broncofan
09-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Iowa Hawkeyes, I grew up in IA, moved to CO for about 14 yrs and moved back to IA. Of course I moved right before the 2 Super Bowl victories.....And yes, I was in CO during the three 1980's losses. I like what Ferentz has done with the Hawks, I think they will be up there at the end of the year....

zarub
09-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Washington State Cougars.

Firstly, they're the closest to me, but mainly because they try to put an exciting team on the field.

Their first instinct is to outscore the other team, not control the ball, or stop the other team. They don't always succeed, but atleast they're fun to watch.

PETE13TROJAN
09-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Iowa Hawkeyes! Their Coach Is The Best In Football, They Have An Excellent Recruiting Class. Get Players From All Over The Nation And Are Consistent. Best Strength Coach In All Of Football, Even The Nfl. They Just Continue To Get Better. The Hawkeyes Are Going To Become A Force For Many Years To Come!

Snk16
09-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Iowa Hawkeyes! Their Coach Is The Best In Football, They Have An Excellent Recruiting Class. Get Players From All Over The Nation And Are Consistent. Best Strength Coach In All Of Football, Even The Nfl. They Just Continue To Get Better. The Hawkeyes Are Going To Become A Force For Many Years To Come!

You should really stop with the Caps. See that button next to the "A" Yeah, turn it off. All your posts are like that. :coffee:

Peerless
09-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Wisconsin......... is about to own temple tomorrow. You watch.

Jared
09-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Wisconsin......... is about to own temple tomorrow. You watch.

Not that hard to own Temple in football. Even Rutgers could pull that off.

LiquidBlue
09-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Not that hard to own Temple in football. Even Rutgers could pull that off.

Maybe even Wartburg.

Who's that?

Got me.

LiquidBlue
09-09-2005, 06:29 PM

The University of Iowa requires that all of their players pass at least one class. And ONLY the University of Iowa has a class called "Football". And only football players can take "Football", so of course (sp?) they all pass "Football". Theres their one class. Hurray for Iowa! :rolleyes: