PDA

View Full Version : Ryan McNeil signed

ozzy_osbourne
11-11-2003, 04:21 PM
So then where does Deltha stand now?

broncos4ever
11-11-2003, 04:27 PM
I really liked Ryan when he was with the Chargers. I am not sure but it seemed like he gave Elway fits. He can really intercept the ball and is a good player. We need veteran leadership in the cornerback area and those of you bashing Shanahan for not bringing in the right players sit up and take notice.

Ryan was the "real deal" when he was with the Chargers. If he can play the way he played through his career, then we got a steal.

This is a huge warning to Deltha. Hope he heeds it.

Does anyone know if Ryan returns punts or kickoffs???

ozzy_osbourne
11-11-2003, 04:29 PM
I think Droughns will still do kickoffs but as for punt returns I hope they put someone back there besides Rod Smith...

broncos4ever
11-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
I think Droughns will still do kickoffs but as for punt returns I hope they put someone back there besides Rod Smith...

You and me both... Rod is too valuable for that job. We cannot get him hurt. He means too much to the offense.

Who would we put back there to return punts though???

Javalon
11-11-2003, 04:55 PM
So, what's the deal with McNeil? Can he still play? Why did the Chargers release him, anybody know? Salary cap casualty or was he not playing well?

broncos4ever
11-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
So, what's the deal with McNeil? Can he still play? Why did the Chargers release him, anybody know? Salary cap casualty or was he not playing well?

In everything I read. He has a guaranteed salary so the Chargers lost on that. The Chargers wanted to go with the young players that they picked up in the draft and free agency and moved McNeil to a free safety position.

He will definitely come into Denver with something to prove.

Mer
11-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Soooo with Anderson out, and Mobley on the IR. Don't you have a free roster space?

What do you think should fill it?

Javalon
11-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Mer
Soooo with Anderson out, and Mobley on the IR. Don't you have a free roster space?

What do you think should fill it?

Yep, one spot still open. With McCaffrey having trouble recovering from his injury, another receiver might be nice. Of course, I think we're low on fullbacks now that Mike is out. And I don't think we signed any linebackers since Mobley & Gold went down. I'd think the depth there might be lacking, too.

Wow, maybe they should cut Deltha to free another roster spot. If they're not going to play him anyway, why waste his spot?

broncofan76
11-11-2003, 07:39 PM
kevin johnson is now available. with eddie mac out, that would be a nice pick. although, i think they may need some linebackers still.

broncos4ever
11-11-2003, 10:30 PM
9 News just said the McNeil would be challenging Deltha for playing time. This will be interesting... Especially with Deltha in Shanahan's doghouse.

breTTus
11-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by broncos4ever
9 News just said the McNeil would be challenging Deltha for playing time. This will be interesting... Especially with Deltha in Shanahan's doghouse.

no doubt... I couldn't imagine a better way of getting O'Neal to see the light... as to earlier posts in the thread, leave O'neal in for PR, and get Smith the hell outa there... the last vacancy created by Anderson's susp. should probably be spent on a LB or something to help shore that whole mess up with... if you can find someone that 'fits'... getting just another warm body would be counterproductive at this point...

muse
11-12-2003, 06:02 AM
. Of course, I think we're low on fullbacks now that Mike is out. And I don't think we signed any linebackers since Mobley & Gold went down. I'd think the depth there might be lacking, too.

We've got a lot of TEs. Maybe one of them could fill in the reserve FB spot...
I also noticed that there's a new T on the roster for some reason.

Javalon
11-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by muse
We've got a lot of TEs. Maybe one of them could fill in the reserve FB spot...
I also noticed that there's a new T on the roster for some reason.

That's true. Patrick Hape is listed at tight end but he played fullback a couple seasons ago when we had an injury epidemic in the backfield. I guess he could do it again.

But I doubt we'll be seeing Sharpe back there anytime soon. :D

massbronco
11-12-2003, 10:15 AM
They should let Coles return punts and kick offs if he is healthy. If they can pick up Kevin Johnson it would be good but I think we need linebackers most of all.

breTTus
11-12-2003, 09:22 PM

But I doubt we'll be seeing Sharpe back there anytime soon. :D

WHAT!?!?!?!... jeez, take a nap around here... wtf happpened to Sharpe?... *puts head in hands*... ohhhh... whhhhsssshheeewww... thought I was in one of those damn twilight zone thingies... :D...

broncos0707
11-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
I think Droughns will still do kickoffs but as for punt returns I hope they put someone back there besides Rod Smith... /// Lets see rod smith wr,back up qb,kick returner maybe we should put him on field goals too