PDA

View Full Version : What else can possibly happen?



BroncosFanInPA
11-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Just want your thoughts Bronco fans as to why this year has turned out this way, it's just been one thing after another, after another etc. etc. etc. I just don't know what to think anymore. I'll tell you one thing though, if we can somehow pull off winning it all it would have rank up there as one of the greats of all time as much as we had to overcome.

Return of Lava
11-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
Just want your thoughts Bronco fans as to why this year has turned out this way, it's just been one thing after another, after another etc. etc. etc. I just don't know what to think anymore. I'll tell you one thing though, if we can somehow pull off winning it all it would have rank up there as one of the greats of all time as much as we had to overcome. its like a movie, a team has to have a problem before they can solve it a live happily ever after. lets just say, were establishing the conflict.

Javalon
11-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
Just want your thoughts Bronco fans as to why this year has turned out this way, it's just been one thing after another, after another etc. etc. etc. I just don't know what to think anymore. I'll tell you one thing though, if we can somehow pull off winning it all it would have rank up there as one of the greats of all time as much as we had to overcome.

Well, they say adversity can make you stronger. But I'm not sure I buy that considering some of our adversity has been in the form of season ending injuries.

Luckily, we get Jake back this week and I'm really hoping for a spark on offense.

As to why we're having all these problems, it does seem a lot like fate stepping in and smacking us a little bit. Payback for the back-to-back Super Bowls. It could be worse, we could be the Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions or other team that would be happy to trade places with the Denver Broncos and our struggles. We at least still have a winning record.

BroncosFanInPA
11-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
its like a movie, a team has to have a problem before they can solve it a live happily ever after. lets just say, were establishing the conflict. Oh i believe that we can do it, & it all starts this sunday baby!!!!!

BroncoManiac_69
11-11-2003, 04:55 PM
To be in the position we are in, as terrible as everything looks, it is not that bad!

Jake will be back next week, we just signed CB Ryan McNeil from the Chargers and Clinton is well rested.

Getting back on the winning track should start this Sunday.

GO BRONCOS!!

jbones733
11-11-2003, 05:00 PM
i agree, it is crazy all the stuff & injuries. I dont know we cant take many more blows, i might just be one of those seasons . at least we dont have to wory about griese & his dog

Mount-n-Groan
11-11-2003, 05:05 PM
What else can happen?

Well, we could win the Super Bowl.... That'd be pretty crazy, wouldn't it?

BroncosFanInPA
11-11-2003, 05:08 PM
i really like the way everbody is thinking & what you have to say. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

CHIEFS 9&0
11-11-2003, 07:49 PM
BLAME ALL YOUR BAD LUCK ON A RAT FACE LOOKING COACH WHO COLLECTS THUGS, TRASH TALKERS, AND DOPE SMOKERS

AsianOrange
11-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
To be in the position we are in, as terrible as everything looks, it is not that bad!

Jake will be back next week, we just signed CB Ryan McNeil from the Chargers and Clinton is well rested.

Getting back on the winning track should start this Sunday.

GO BRONCOS!!

I say it's mid-season and the Broncos are still talented enough to win 5 out of the last 7.

I guarantee it.

Elway
11-11-2003, 08:09 PM
The Broncos have a winning record and are getting Jake back and have a few more home games to go.. that's the good


the bad is more of the idiotic type cheif fans could show up.

mattos
11-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by CHIEFS 9&0
BLAME ALL YOUR BAD LUCK ON A RAT FACE LOOKING COACH WHO COLLECTS THUGS, TRASH TALKERS, AND DOPE SMOKERS

how do you blame someone for bad luck? if it was their fault, then it wouldn't be luck . . .

RunByDesign
11-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by CHIEFS 9&0
BLAME ALL YOUR BAD LUCK ON A RAT FACE LOOKING COACH WHO COLLECTS THUGS, TRASH TALKERS, AND DOPE SMOKERS

REDMANURESLIDE, I presume?

BroncoManiac_69
11-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by CHIEFS 9&0
BLAME ALL YOUR BAD LUCK ON A RAT FACE LOOKING COACH WHO COLLECTS THUGS, TRASH TALKERS, AND DOPE SMOKERS

You are unbelievable.

jake meffley
11-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by jbones733
i agree, it is crazy all the stuff & injuries. I dont know we cant take many more blows, i might just be one of those seasons . at least we dont have to wory about griese & his dog

nope, we just have to worry about jake and himself (shoulder) and his couch (foot)

seriously now, this season is far from over. the amount of things that have gone wrong is simply amazing to me, especially now that we can add in the situation with mike.

all that aside though, this is still a very talented team when healthy, and the prospects for making the playoffs are good.
baltimore and new england should win their respective divisions, making the tiebreaker with them irrelevant. indy or tenn. loser will likely earn one wild card spot, with the other fought for by us,miami,and buffalo primarily. buffalo might drop out of the race soon, as the turnaround many of us expected just isnt coming. miami has a seriously weakened line, and we all know what that means for griese (or fiedler). also, miami has maybe the toughest second half schedule in football.

we, on the other hand, have games at home against chi., sd, kc, and cleveland, and a road game at oakland to occupy us for the next 5 weeks. to expect at least 4 wins is not unreasonable, considering we are actually on the mend. jake should be back, and have two tune up games before leaving home. portis and droughns are getting closer to 100%. gardener will likely improve, and mccaffrey and cole should return healthy in the next couple weeks to bolster the wr position. losing mike hurts, but reueben is a solid replacement (and better receiver) and mike will be back in time for the two final road games.

i expect us to go into the last two weeks of the season needing to win one of the two games against indy or gb to lock up a wildcard, and depending on miami, maybe lose both and still back in. all is not lost. i remember being pretty depressed in '97 when we had to settle for a wildcard and that year worked out just fine.

jake