PDA

View Full Version : Bring up Cecil "The Diesel" Sapp!!!

robcosprings
11-12-2003, 10:09 AM
We need to avoid a "Plummer-Berlein-oops, now who?" possibility in the running backfield with Mike Anderson's departure. Portis is great, but any back can get hurt, right TD? So, bring up Cecil Sapp!!! He's a gamer, a winner, a local guy. (Did anyone see him run over the entire Buffalo team last season at Mile High?) If that "middle-schooler looking kid" from Oklahoma can have a role, we can certainly give Cecil a chance (Sooner fans save your energy, just making a point). Droans is fine, but bring up Cecil to block on some breathers that Droans will need. Break Cecil in for next year, now is the perfect time!

PS -- We have enough cornerbacks, we just the need the ones we have to get back to stop worrying about head-to-head hits. (Ever notice it is always called against the Bronc def, but not the opponents, i.e., the hit on Rod Smith v. NE!!!) The refs single-handedly got some of our CBs gun-shy. Forgettaboutit, guys, and just go out and hit!

thesaint
11-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Here we go with more CSU crap....:cheeky:

mattos
11-12-2003, 10:22 AM
plus his name is cecil

LawDog
11-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by mattos
plus his name is cecil

I'd make sure I pointed that out if I ever met him...

I thought he looked great in the preseason and am looking forward to seeing him in the future. If this is a chance to get him some time then great, although I expect we'll see moves on the defensive side as it is our weakest area.

broncofan303
11-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Sooner fans would like this...Mike Anderson was the starting running back but converted to a FB...so...convert Portis to FB and put Quentin Griffin in as our back..haha..that would be great...late

rascal
11-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by broncofan303
Sooner fans would like this...Mike Anderson was the starting running back but converted to a FB...so...convert Portis to FB and put Quentin Griffin in as our back..haha..that would be great...late

If that happens, or is even considered, I would no longer be a fan. I can't stand the sooners, especially that dumb song of theirs, and I live in Oklahoma unfortunately (the arm pit of america).

robcosprings
11-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Good one about Portis going to Fullback, that would fulfill all of the Sooner fans dreams out there...And so when you spell Cecil with the spelling Cecil, that is the wrong spelling? I think maybe you have been in the room with Mike "I didn't inhale" Anderson a little too long?

Q#22
08-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by rascal
If that happens, or is even considered, I would no longer be a fan. I can't stand the sooners, especially that dumb song of theirs, and I live in Oklahoma unfortunately (the arm pit of america).

Is this idiot still around?

rascal
08-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Q#22

Are you a$$hole?

Obviously you come on this board to hear something about your dumbass sooners. Go to a sooner webpage and shut up.

Bring up a thread that is more than 6 months old. How freaking ridiculous.

OklahomaSooners
08-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Rascal always been a D*CK when it comes to the Sooners. He tends to forget there is a line between NFL and College. :cheeky:
J/K:)

Javalon
08-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Man, it is entirely unnecessary to dig up really old posts just to pick a fight with someone. :duh:

TXBRONC
08-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Man, it is entirely unnecessary to dig up really old posts just to pick a fight with someone. :duh:

True, but this El Cheeseball it fits his m.o. perfectly.

soonersublime
08-24-2004, 01:13 PM
To bad the SOONERS are America's favorite College Team.

1. Oklahoma
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Tennessee
5. Notre Dame(#1 to #5 in 5 years)

Q#22
08-24-2004, 02:20 PM
ummmmmmmm, One question? Who the heck ever said I was a Sooners fan?

diesel51
08-24-2004, 03:42 PM
and I live in Oklahoma unfortunately (the arm pit of america).

You know what, the things you say against OU, or OSU, or TU, or even their choice of music, hey thats you. You have your opinion. But as far as your opinion of Oklahoma, it stinks (like an arm pit). I don't know where you live, but if I did, I'd kick your ass. The people of Oklahoma have plenty to be proud about. Our heritage is as strong, or stronger, than many states. We are independent in our thinking as well as in our living. Since you obviously lack an education about Oklahoma, let me give you one.
The "Greatest Athlete of All Time" came from Oklahoma(Jim Thorpe). Although most American Indian tribes were forced to Oklahoma (then Indian Territory), everyone here today has benefitted from their influence. We are extremely proud of our American Indian culture, from each and every tribe. Oklahoma provides natural gas, oil, cattle, wheat, and other crops to our neighboring states and nationwide. We have many military bases and factories that help protect our great nation. Our men and women who aid our country in the military, are some of the greatest warriors (our 45th Infantry has never lost a battle, last time I checked). More astronaunts come from Oklahoma than from any other state. We are the only state in our great nation that has every possible geographic wonder except tundra, glaciers, ocean shoreline, and volcanoes(although there might be volcanoes, but they are dormant I believe).
I have said all that I feel is neccessary, and probably more, but I am sick of people talking about how bad Oklahoma is. If you don't like it, get the hell out. Go to California, Texas, New York, or some other state. We sure don't need you here, but if you are going to stay, why don't you educate yourself on our history.

By the way, Californians and New Yorkies, not picking on you, you guys just have more people and you probably wouldn't notice a **** like him. As far as Texas goes, well, YOU know. :D

TXBRONC
08-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by diesel51
You know what, the things you say against OU, or OSU, or TU, or even their choice of music, hey thats you. You have your opinion. But as far as your opinion of Oklahoma, it stinks (like an arm pit). I don't know where you live, but if I did, I'd kick your ass. The people of Oklahoma have plenty to be proud about. Our heritage is as strong, or stronger, than many states. We are independent in our thinking as well as in our living. Since you obviously lack an education about Oklahoma, let me give you one.
The "Greatest Athlete of All Time" came from Oklahoma(Jim Thorpe). Although most American Indian tribes were forced to Oklahoma (then Indian Territory), everyone here today has benefitted from their influence. We are extremely proud of our American Indian culture, from each and every tribe. Oklahoma provides natural gas, oil, cattle, wheat, and other crops to our neighboring states and nationwide. We have many military bases and factories that help protect our great nation. Our men and women who aid our country in the military, are some of the greatest warriors (our 45th Infantry has never lost a battle, last time I checked). More astronaunts come from Oklahoma than from any other state. We are the only state in our great nation that has every possible geographic wonder except tundra, glaciers, ocean shoreline, and volcanoes(although there might be volcanoes, but they are dormant I believe).
I have said all that I feel is neccessary, and probably more, but I am sick of people talking about how bad Oklahoma is. If you don't like it, get the hell out. Go to California, Texas, New York, or some other state. We sure don't need you here, but if you are going to stay, why don't you educate yourself on our history.

By the way, Californians and New Yorkies, not picking on you, you guys just have more people and you probably wouldn't notice a **** like him. As far as Texas goes, well, YOU know. :D

We know that okies have a chip on there shoulder because Texas is still better.:)

rcsodak
08-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by TXBRONC
We know that okies have a chip on there shoulder because Texas is still better.:)

...in their own minds....:D

sKILLsAw
08-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by TXBRONC

HAHAHAHAHA tex you crack me up. I don't have anything against any state, this is the greatest country in the world. Besides, I LIVE IN THE ARM PIT OF THIS COUNTRY!!!!! Don't believe me? Look at the name of the town I live in. The pay is probably better than OK though......:duh:

rascal
08-26-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by diesel51

You are going to kick my ass huh? Bring it on b!tch.

I would get the hell out if I could but the good old government keeps me here.

I lack an understanding of Oklahoma? Please. I had the displeasure of having to take oklahoma history in college as part of my history minor so yes I am familiar with your "history".

Yes Oklahoma sucks. Granted the people are good, well except for you, but the scenery (especially here in OKC and western OK) just plain sucks. If you guys didn't have the Sooners there would be no pride in this state.

Don't want to make our song to difficult so we'll keep it simple to two words only..."Boomer" and "Sooner".

This state is so pathetic they can't even pay to complete their own capital dome.

Oh, and BTW I'm not from Texas but from Colorado so don't insult me by saying how I'm from TX.

And even Colorado has an armpit of America in it..it's called the entire area 100 miles west of Kansas.

rascal
08-26-2004, 09:14 AM
ummmmmmmm, One question? Who the heck ever said I was a Sooners fan?

Since 99.99% of Q fans are Sooner fans I thought it was a good possibility that you were a Sooner fan.

OklahomaSooners
08-26-2004, 09:32 AM

I lack an understanding of Oklahoma? Please. I had the displeasure of having to take oklahoma history in college as part of my history minor so yes I am familiar with your "history".

Yes Oklahoma sucks. Granted the people are good, well except for you, but the scenery (especially here in OKC and western OK) just plain sucks. If you guys didn't have the Sooners there would be no pride in this state.

Don't want to make our song to difficult so we'll keep it simple to two words only..."Boomer" and "Sooner".

This state is so pathetic they can't even pay to complete their own capital dome.

Oh, and BTW I'm not from Texas but from Colorado so don't insult me by saying how I'm from TX.

And even Colorado has an armpit of America in it..it's called the entire area 100 miles west of Kansas.

Rascal your an azzhole and a moron and its a bad combination. Ill leave it at that.

mrsolo
08-26-2004, 01:37 PM

I have an idea. If you want to sound like less of a jackass....just say you dont' like living in Oklahoma. "Oklahoma sucks" makes you sound like a closed minded fool. Simply state that you'd rather live somewhere else.

rascal
08-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Nothing better then pissing off some okies.

Why should I change it from Oklahoma sucks? All I hear on the radio on the way to work is "texas sucks" and I see trucks with it on their window.

If you can't take it, then maybe you shouldn't dish it out either.

I noticed your from Tulsa mrsolo. Now that is a part of Oklahoma that is pretty good, but OKC and anything west of that is well...

mrsolo
08-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Nothing better then pissing off some okies.

Why should I change it from Oklahoma sucks? All I hear on the radio on the way to work is "texas sucks" and I see trucks with it on their window.

If you can't take it, then maybe you shouldn't dish it out either.

I noticed your from Tulsa mrsolo. Now that is a part of Oklahoma that is pretty good, but OKC and anything west of that is well...

You have a good point. Not all "Okies" go around saying Texas sucks though. Sorry about the jackass comment.....gotta partially attribute that one to a bad mood while I was posting.

rcsodak
08-27-2004, 02:49 PM
I'd say from the ark border to okmulgee/henryetta is probably some of the most appealing areas of the state.
Near the tx border (lawton)? Nothing but scorpions/spiders/snakes.

diesel51
08-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Ahhhhh, I get it.

Being that you came from Colorado, and being used to the Rocky Mountains, and the fact that you live in western Oklahoma, you think it sucks. It is a scenery issue. Well, maybe you should visit other parts of the state. But to call Oklahoma "the armpit" of the United States, is just showing your ignorance. Hey, I love Colorado. I was born there and I try to go to visit my family there once a year. But because the Rockies are breathtaking, doesn't mean that Oklahoma is less beautiful. Just because one woman is drop dead gorgeous, doesnt' mean you can't appreciate the beauty of another woman. I'm serious, some of the most beautiful women I've seen don't have that 'model' body. Their faces, personality, and even the fact that their body is different in other ways (more flesh), makes them more intriguing, more beautiful. Maybe the problem isn't that where you live, the scenery is so different from where you came from, but that you don't know how to appreciate beauty in its different forms.

By the way, I didn't assume that you came from Texas, I was just joking with Texas Bronco fans. I know that there are Oklahomans that HATE Texas, and that there are Texans that HATE Oklahoma, but that's their problem. I do take pleasure from OU beating UT, but that pleasure is the same as it is for OSU and TU. I take pleasure and pride in any Oklahoma team that is succeeding, but I could care less when a Texas team fails, or any other state college team failing(except Colorado). By calling Oklahoma the "armpit" of the United States, your just like the other ignorant people who say that they hate Texas.

Now finally,

A state's financial situation doesn't make it a good state. Its the people. Hey, some states just have more resources than others. There is a reason it is called the United States of America and not the Divided States of Americas. We are all united together to help make our nation greater. Think of it like a huge banquet, where every state of our nation has to bring something to the table. Oklahoma brings quite a bit, but not all. Try this, if you don't have something nice to say, shut your 3.14 hole. BTW, our dome rocks, especially with our Indian sculpture on top, protecting all who are within our great state's borders.